The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Alleged Bus Cook Comment: Sports Illustrated

OK so I got the new issue of SI today and normally I dont open it up but its March and there was bound to be some march madness stuff what with the Terminator Blake Griffin on the cover.

Anyway, flipping through I see a big picture of Jay getting tackled by a Chieffie, and lo and behold, an article on the whole situation.

I skimmed it, mostly because I dont really care. Its basketball season and football is on the backburner until opening day. Anyway, what stood out to me was one of those quoted inserts that are surrounded by boxes to draw your attention to it and it was an alleged quote by Bus Cook:

"I have told Jay, 'You'd better be careful. You don't have any control over where you play'".

Aint that the truth? The concept, not necessarily the quote or if Bus Cook really did tell him that.

Also in the article, while not really "news" but I thought was kinda funny was a quote from McDaniels:

"If someone comes to me here [at the owners meeting] to talk about [making a trade for] Jay, they're going to get a huge stiff arm".
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
OK so I got the new issue of SI today and normally I dont open it up but its March and there was bound to be some march madness stuff what with the Terminator Blake Griffin on the cover.

Anyway, flipping through I see a big picture of Jay getting tackled by a Chieffie, and lo and behold, an article on the whole situation.

I skimmed it, mostly because I dont really care. Its basketball season and football is on the backburner until opening day. Anyway, what stood out to me was one of those quoted inserts that are surrounded by boxes to draw your attention to it and it was an alleged quote by Bus Cook:

"I have told Jay, 'You'd better be careful. You don't have any control over where you play'".

Aint that the truth? The concept, not necessarily the quote or if Bus Cook really did tell him that.

Also in the article, while not really "news" but I thought was kinda funny was a quote from McDaniels:

"If someone comes to me here [at the owners meeting] to talk about [making a trade for] Jay, they're going to get a huge stiff arm".
RETARD ON

Yeah, but you notice that he specified that he would only stiff arm people who try to talk to him at the owners' meeting! Not a week after the owners' meeting! He's a liar! See how two faced he is

RETARD OFF
Old 03-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

Detroit and Cleveland, for instance........he'd be much happier in Denver with a coach he doesn't like.
Be careful what you wish for.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
RETARD ON

Yeah, but you notice that he specified that he would only stiff arm people who try to talk to him at the owners' meeting! Not a week after the owners' meeting! He's a liar! See how two faced he is

RETARD OFF
lol...
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

some good stuff on the Mane today that's for sure hahahaha!!
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
Popps
It's so easy

Wow. Interesting, but who do you believe? He is an agent, after all.

Could be true, could be part of a smoke-screen. It would seem a little odd, though... as it sort of puts a distance between them, at face value.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by douchebag's sig
IDIOTS OF THE ORANGE MANE 2009 (list)
lex
Bronco Buff
Beantown Bronco
Blueflame
Beantown and Blueflame arent idiots. Misguided sure.

Lex is most definitely an idiot.

However, calling Buff an idiot is an insult to idiots
Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
TheDave
Sauced...

I know we are all Bronco fans and we tend to think this is the greatest team EVER and how could anyone not want to play here... BUT...

Consider this, EVERY team in the nfl would offer Cutler a better defense. I agree that no other team has our combination of Offensive line and skill players, but atleast he wouldn't have to score 30 every game just to have a chance at winning.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #9
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
I know we are all Bronco fans and we tend to think this is the greatest team EVER and how could anyone not want to play here... BUT...

Consider this, EVERY team in the nfl would offer Cutler a better defense. I agree that no other team has our combination of Offensive line and skill players, but atleast he wouldn't have to score 30 every game just to have a chance at winning.
Tell that to Rams fans They set records for futility.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:

Yeah but I think Jay wants to throw a lot and score a lot of points. I'm sure he wants to win as well, but if he wants to be a statistical super man, Denver is his best bet. (among teams he would potentially play for of course).
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
You might be right... but gawddamn I have just never experienced anything as pathetic as our Dwas the last 2 seasons. I remmber a buddy of mine and I actually caught ourselves chearring whenever they stopped a team from scoring. Nevermind the fact that they usually drove 80 yards down the field, chewed up 10 minutes on the clock, and simply missed the field goal... we were usually jumping around like we just won the ****ing superbowl.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Yeah but I think Jay wants to throw a lot and score a lot of points. I'm sure he wants to win as well, but if he wants to be a statistical super man, Denver is his best bet. (among teams he would potentially play for of course).
I agree we are his best chance for that... and in the long run I think he will realize that as well. I just think sometimes our fans forget just how pathetic we were on D and how frustrating that must of been for the offense.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #13
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
I agree we are his best chance for that... and in the long run I think he will realize that as well. I just think sometimes our fans forget just how pathetic we were on D and how frustrating that must of been for the offense.
I'm sure it was. I still cannot fathom how shanahan was willing to let Slowik have another go at it. It bordered on comedy, even when they stumbled on to a formation that worked, they would turn around and change it back to being ****ty. My friends and I could watch games and actually predict how teams were going to convert the 3rd downs. Not that it's hard to repeat 7 yard out over and over again.

Still, I would hope Cutler sees that type of Defensive staff that has been assembled and know that the D may not be good, but at least there are minds to keep it from being an abomination.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #14
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Just because he was, at times, a "statistical superman" last year doesn't mean that he wants that more than winning or even at all.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #15
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp View Post
Just because he was, at times, a "statistical superman" last year doesn't mean that he wants that more than winning or even at all.
Well he did choose to go to Vandy so winning doesnt appear to be a top priority for him
Old 03-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp View Post
I said I'm sure he wants to win, did you actually read my post?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Meanwhile, they couldn't touch Cutler if they wanted to because they're trapped under Bulger's contract. Talk about futility.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #18
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Meanwhile, they couldn't touch Cutler if they wanted to because they're trapped under Bulger's contract. Talk about futility.
they can't get rid of Bulger! you don't get rid of 2-time probowl franchise QB's that throw for 4000 yards with bad defenses!!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #19
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
they can't get rid of Bulger! you don't get rid of 2-time probowl franchise QB's that throw for 4000 yards with bad defenses!!
Ouch.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #20
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Eh, that probably wont sit over well around here
Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #21
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
This post > the world.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #22
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Just want to make sure everyone reads it.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Detroit and Cleveland, for instance........he'd be much happier in Denver with a coach he doesn't like.
Be careful what you wish for.
i agree especially since i don't think McDaniels will be here his full contract and if he is he won't be re-signed, so Jay can remain the man here.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:

Have you seen the Rams defense? It's even painful from the grandstands.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #25
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
Have you seen the Rams defense? It's even painful from the grandstands.
Actually I did... Might be because i am more emotionally invested in the Broncos, But I have never seen a more pathetic defense i'm my life.