The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Default Stallworth "Flashed His Lights" Before Killing Pedestrian

W T F

MIAMI -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth said he flashed his car's headlights to warn a pedestrian before fatally striking a man in Miami Beach last month, according to a report released by police.

The report released Tuesday also said the pedestrian, 59-year-old Mario Reyes, wasn't in a crosswalk when Stallworth's Bentley hit him.

According to the report, Stallworth told officers he flashed his lights to try to warn Reyes, a construction crane operator who was rushing to catch a bus after getting off work around 7:15 a.m. March 14.

Police said Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone. They are investigating whether alcohol played a role in the accident. No charges have been filed against Stallworth pending the outcome of blood tests.

...Lock him up.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

he flashed his lights and then hit him?

wtf!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

im feel bad for him, im so sick of this god damn pedestrians have the right of way crap, use your head, look before you cross the street, we have stop lights every 500 feet to make sure there is one close enough that the lazy people will use them, and they still cross in between the lights. it sucks that the guy died, but im sorry unless dante was drunk i dont blame him at all.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
he flashed his lights and then hit him?

wtf!
Ni kidding, why not hit the brake instead? If you had that much time, you should have been able to stop.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Ni kidding, why not hit the brake instead? If you had that much time, you should have been able to stop.
That would be the sensical thing to do
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
im feel bad for him, im so sick of this god damn pedestrians have the right of way crap, use your head, look before you cross the street, we have stop lights every 500 feet to make sure there is one close enough that the lazy people will use them, and they still cross in between the lights. it sucks that the guy died, but im sorry unless dante was drunk i dont blame him at all.

I agree. Peds suck. Just a larger version of roadkill.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
I hate how people have the right of way over bullets. If I want to shoot around inside the mall people should just duck, it is not like they can't hear it.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Yeah I read that. Hey stupid, next time try the brakes instead of lights. It's obvious, Stallworth feeling entitled, felt the pedestrian should move faster, how dare he block me and make me slow down, then before he knew it boom he had killed him.

I'm smelling prison for Stallworth. I guess Lelie will have a better career then him after all.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Well for that then the almighty pro football player would have to slow his Bentley down for a lowly bus rider/pedestrian trying to make his way.

**** Stallworth, drunk, driving fast, flashing high beams instead of hitting brakes. Send this moron to prison for at least 5 yrs.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Remember Vick didn't even kill anyone. He killed some dogs. If you go to prison for fighting dogs then how long should manslaughter get you?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Remember Vick didn't even kill anyone. He killed some dogs. If you go to prison for fighting dogs then how long should manslaughter get you?
Depends i guess. The Goverment trys to make you believe that if your under the influence it wasnt done on purpose hence the manslaughter charge most of the time in DUI cases.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
I agree with you about pedestrians and right of way, but come on...this means he saw him and certainly soon enough to stop.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It wasn't dog fighting...it was violating interstate commerce law.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #14
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I hate how people have the right of way over bullets. If I want to shoot around inside the mall people should just duck, it is not like they can't hear it.
owned.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #15
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
ok ill get the crayons out for ya, i understand things may be different down there, but up here its legal to drive on a road, while its not legal to shoot a gun in the mall. I can only assume that in florida its legal to drive on a road, i mean that is what its for, now if you had said people get in the way of bullets in the shooting range i would agree with you.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

I don't know what else he could have done.

Finding this out changes everything, in my book. If he had just run him down with no warning, then I would have little sympathy for him. But he flashed his lights, and stuff.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #17
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah sorry. Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. Even if he wasn't drunk, he was traveling well over the posted speed. Anyone who knows anything about traffic safety will tell you that that 10 MPH was likely the difference between life and death, just as if he had been drunk, the split second reaction time that the alcohol impaired would have been the difference, as well.

When you're driving a 1 ton weapon on wheels, *you've* got to be the responsible one.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Whatever
Old 03-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

Who says the guys wasnt already hitting the breaks when he flashed?
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #20
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
only because the local DA didn't have the spine to pile on...
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #21
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I'm by no means attempting to defend Stallworth here, but I can't imagine it being all that hard to avoid a vehicle if you're paying any sort of a attention to what's going on around you.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #22
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Jaywalking is bad mmmkayyyy...but vehicular manslaughter under the influence of alcohol is not excusable, much less something to be pitied
Old 03-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #23
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Not taking Stallworth's back here but, how dumb do you have to be to continue walking in the road when a car is coming AND they flashed their lights?

Deer die that way and deer are stupid. Are you too?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #24
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
I'm by no means attempting to defend Stallworth here, but I can't imagine it being all that hard to avoid a vehicle if you're paying any sort of a attention to what's going on around you.
Maybe, I also can't imagine it being all that hard to avoid hitting and killing a pedestiran if you're not speeding and not driving under the influence of alcohol.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #25
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
Maybe, I also can't imagine it being all that hard to avoid hitting and killing a pedestiran if you're not speeding and not driving under the influence of alcohol.
Agreed, doesnt change the fact that deer are still stupid.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote