The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default Armstrong: Ticket sales say plenty about Jay

Now for something we don't have to wonder about: The impact of the Cutler-McDaniels spat on the Broncos' bottom line. Incredible as it seems, given the height of the anxiety between the two and the depths of the economy, the Broncos haven't taken an economic hit.

This remains first, foremost and everywhere in between, a Broncos town. It must be. How else do we explain the Broncos wrapping up their season-ticket drive and feeling no effects from hard times among their fan base or hard feelings between their coach and quarterback?

"We're solid," said Kirk Dyer, the Broncos' executive director of ticket operations and administration. "We're tracking right where we've been every other year. We're very pleased. We haven't felt the impact as far as renewals go, not at all."

They're right where they've been every other year. According to Dyer, that's a high 90 percent renewal rate. Oh, and did I mention that 34,000 names remain on the season-ticket waiting list? Even the Broncos wondered about that number, since, according to Dyer, they reconfirmed its viability a couple of years ago.

The moral to the story? Given all those tickets readily available via Craigslist, The Post's classifieds or a knock on a neighbor's door, attendance no longer is mandatory at Invesco Field. But don't kid yourself. The Broncos remain high atop the sports food chain in Denver.

If you're Cutler and you're reading this, there's only one logical conclusion to draw: You need the Broncos a lot more than they need you.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11981144
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,311
Default

FYI...season ticket holders are not required to make a payment until the end of May 2009.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post

If you're Cutler and you're reading this, there's only one logical conclusion to draw: You need the Broncos a lot more than they need you.
Righhhhhhhtttttttttttttttt.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
DB Doom
super villian
 
DB Doom's Avatar
 
check out the big brain on Brad...

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ..permanently floating
Posts: 116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post

If you're Cutler and you're reading this, there's only one logical conclusion to draw: You need the Broncos a lot more than they need you.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11981144

that doesn't make any sense at all.
DB Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
dumpy
Pro Bowler
 
dumpy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
FYI...season ticket holders are not required to make a payment until the end of May 2009.
Really? I had to make a payment on March 3.
dumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,304

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
Really? I had to make a payment on March 3.
Yeah, thought at least some of the tickets had to be paid off by now.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
Clark
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
FYI...season ticket holders are not required to make a payment until the end of May 2009.
FYI....If you are a season ticket holder. you're delinquent on your first payment.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

The limp-legged whiney b****es on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. Cutler can stay or go, and you'll still see the stadium packed.

The games will sell out and if they DON'T, it's not because of Jay Cutler, it's because of this little issue called a recession.

But, looks like there won't be many empty seats. Props to the best fans in football.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,311
Default

you have to make a payment by March 3rd if you want to have a chance at improving your seats. The Broncos will not release your seats until after the May deadline.

even if times are tough, the Broncos ticket office willl allow you to stretch things out over the summer.

Just make sure you keep in contact with them.

bottom line, Jim Armstrong is way premature in his assessment.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
scttgrd
Just treading water
 
scttgrd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 1,285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall
Default

I thought there were a couple of guys on here who jumped 2-3000 spots on the waiting list because people were giving them up?
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #11
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
The limp-legged whiney b****es on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. Cutler can stay or go, and you'll still see the stadium packed.

The games will sell out and if they DON'T, it's not because of Jay Cutler, it's because of this little issue called a recession.

But, looks like there won't be many empty seats. Props to the best fans in football.
All that sounds great ....but then that pesky little thing call Win's and losses will start to weigh in . if you are trying to find offenses that means less spent on the real problem . but you guys that want to run all the none problems out of town got a great plan .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #12
lifeafter elway
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Cutler can stay or go, and you'll still see the stadium packed.
I don't agree with everything you say, as I think both sides look equally bad in this. But to this , stay or go - I was a bronco fan before and after Cutler.
lifeafter elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #13
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scttgrd View Post
I thought there were a couple of guys on here who jumped 2-3000 spots on the waiting list because people were giving them up?
The article said "high 90 percent renewal rate"; not 100% renewal rate.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The article said "high 90 percent renewal rate"; not 100% renewal rate.
Yup and with a deep waiting list the seats will sell. No matter who is coaching or playing QB.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #15
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Yup and with a deep waiting list the seats will sell. No matter who is coaching or playing QB.
Except those club seats.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #16
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder
 
RMT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 3,289
Default

34,000 names on the season ticket waiting list?

that number seems AWFULLY high given the team's recent mediocrity and the economic difficulties in our country.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #17
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
The limp-legged whiney b****es on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. Cutler can stay or go, and you'll still see the stadium packed.

The games will sell out and if they DON'T, it's not because of Jay Cutler, it's because of this little issue called a recession.

But, looks like there won't be many empty seats. Props to the best fans in football.
You mean like last year?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:02 PM   #18
RodInCanton
Solid Starter
 
RodInCanton's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 130
Default

[QUOTE=Popps;2350329]The limp-legged whiney b****es on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. QUOTE]

Classy. I only hope to be a great fan like you one day so I can sit in judgment of everybody else...
RodInCanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.
 
Circle Orange's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Styxx, D.C.
Posts: 3,948
Default

Oceans of orange be not reliant on a legend wannabe. Thus it was, and so shall it be.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

[QUOTE=RodInCanton;2350578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
The limp-legged whiney b****es on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. QUOTE]

Classy. I only hope to be a great fan like you one day so I can sit in judgment of everybody else...
Weird, Rod. I didn't mention your name personally, Rod.

Why did you feel obligated to respond... Rod?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #21
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMT View Post
34,000 names on the season ticket waiting list?

that number seems AWFULLY high given the team's recent mediocrity and the economic difficulties in our country.
The wait time is estimated at 11-13 years.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #22
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,818
Default

Armstrong is a blithering idiot.

The spin. The drill. Yada yada yad. Boys guys fellas.

Blech.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #23
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I really doubt fans would stay away from the games just because Cutler wasn't the QB. The team has sold out for years no matter who was the QB or the condition of the team.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #24
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I really doubt fans would stay away from the games just because Cutler wasn't the QB. The team has sold out for years no matter who was the QB or the condition of the team.
If you've been a fan of this team for any length of time, you've seen far worse than this.

As I said, the squeaky wheels around here aren't representing the real fan base.

You'll see that on opening day, no matter who is QB.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #25
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
AND Bob

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Love of Broncos > Love of any player or coach.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Denver Broncos