The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default Broncos arrive at draft crunch time

I know it is more Cutler news, and I apologize ahead of time, but I found it interesting how it says a lot of players have sided with Cutler.

http://www.denverpost.com/sportshead...516?source=rss

The NFL draft is barely a month away.

I only mention it because, strange as it may seem for a man who has yet to see a Sunday sideline as the Broncos' leader, the next three to four weeks could determine Josh McDaniels' future as the team's head coach.

Yes, these next few weeks could prove to be that important. First, there's the Jay Cutler issue. Is McDaniels going to ship out his disgruntled quarterback or is he going to extend an olive branch and develop a working relationship with him?

If Cutler is traded, there's no telling how much it could set the franchise back. For all his issues between the ears, Cutler is a rare talent, the likes of which the Broncos have searched for since John Elway's retirement. Maybe McDaniels could get by with a stop-gap quarterback, but it certainly isn't a recipe for long-term success.

Then there's the Brandon Marshall issue. Will Marshall be suspended? And if so, for how long? The Broncos need to know, and before the draft. If Marshall is sent to timeout for half or the entire season, it would impact how the Broncos conduct their business on draft day.

Finally, there's the matter of the rest of the roster. For all the attention the Cutler-McDaniels relationship has gotten, Cutler is just one player among 53. The most important player, yes, but just one player. McDaniels has to find a way to come out of this mess and maintain the respect of the other players, many of whom have sided with Cutler.

Trust me, it isn't just fans and media who are watching the young coach's every move. The other players are watching more closely than anyone else.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

8 games to 16 games? Please. If Brandon gets anything more than 1 or 2 I would be surprised.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Then there's the Brandon Marshall issue. Will Marshall be suspended? And if so, for how long? The Broncos need to know, and before the draft. If Marshall is sent to timeout for half or the entire season, it would impact how the Broncos conduct their business on draft day.
Happiest person in Denver with all the attention on Cutler recently.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
8 games to 16 games? Please. If Brandon gets anything more than 1 or 2 I would be surprised.
Busted for fighting with a girl a year after getting in trouble with a different girl. Charges were dropped because the two refused to testify against each other, I see 8 games - could go down to 6.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I will be shocked if Marshall gets less than 4

*waits for the idiotic "but he was not convicted" bull*****
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Busted for fighting with a girl a year after getting in trouble with a different girl. Charges were dropped because the two refused to testify against each other, I see 8 games - could go down to 6.
Busted for disturbing the peace, charges dropped because they should've never been arrested. I see 0 games.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #7
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Busted for disturbing the peace, charges dropped LESS THAN 12 HOURS LATER because they should've never been arrested. I see 0 games.
cosign...with my 2 cents...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
are you so stupid that you refuse to listen to all logic that says thats NOT what happened? when a judge laughs at the charges and throws them out, they werent dropped because they refused to testify against each other, and this has been made very, very clear to you ****ing morons multiple times.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
are you so stupid that you refuse to listen to all logic that says thats NOT what happened? when a judge laughs at the charges and throws them out, they werent dropped because they refused to testify against each other, and this has been made very, very clear to you ****ing morons multiple times.
.... but they are OUR morons, don't you see?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Busted for disturbing the peace, charges dropped because they should've never been arrested. I see 0 games.
Wrong.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...arrested_N.htm

They would not testify against each other so they were released. The issue will be that the police witnessed him hitting and kicking yet another woman.

Quote:
Municipal Judge Clinton Deveaux dismissed the case after Marshall and his fiance, Michi Leshase Nogami-Campbell, both of whom were charged with disorderly conduct, refused to testify against each other.
Quote:
While police looked on, the argument escalated and Marshall and his fiance began kicking and punching each other on the sidewalk outside his home, according to the report.

Last edited by Popcorn Sutton; 03-23-2009 at 04:40 PM..
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
supposedly they shouldn't have been arrested in the 1st place, and if he hit her, there would have been noticeable signs and he would not have been released after a few hours.

i doubt he gets suspended, and if he does it is no more than 4 games
Old 03-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
Wrong.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...arrested_N.htm

They would not testify against each other so they were released. The issue will be that the police witnessed him hitting and kicking yet another woman.
if the police saw him punching and kicking a woman, do you honestly, truely believe he would have been let out of prison after 12 hours?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
I know it is more Cutler news, and I apologize ahead of time, but I found it interesting how it says a lot of players have sided with Cutler.
That's a nice speculation on the writer's part. I wonder if Tony Sheffler is one of those "many" players?

Of course there are going to be people on both sides of this. Those are human beings. They're not all going to agree.

But, I haven't seen a single player even so much as hint that the coach needs to kiss Jay's ass, whereas we've had several players come out and compliment the coach, speak with excitement and our defensive team leader even hinted around that maybe Jay needs to learn how to handle his business better.

If there was any kind of major discord in the locker room about this, you can bet we'd be hearing some leaked quotes or something. Yet... nothing.

Right now, the public perception is that Jay won't speak to us. I imagine that perception will be furthered after this evening, despite what I expect to be efforts by our coach to paint the situation as fine.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #14
Bleed n Orange
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If the cops seen Marshall hit her they would not need anyone to testify, the cops would be the ones testifiying to what they saw. Matter of fact if he was seen yelling at her he would have been charged, even yelling at your spouse/girlfriend is domestic violence. I really doubt that the cops seen or heard anything or this would have been a bigger deal.
Bleed n Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed n Orange View Post
If the cops seen Marshall hit her they would not need anyone to testify, the cops would be the ones testifiying to what they saw. Matter of fact if he was seen yelling at her he would have been charged, even yelling at your spouse/girlfriend is domestic violence. I really doubt that the cops seen or heard anything or this would have been a bigger deal.
yea i dont understand how people dont understand that.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
if the police saw him punching and kicking a woman, do you honestly, truely believe he would have been let out of prison after 12 hours?
Domestic issues are dropped all the time when both parties refuse to press charges.

I do believe that if it was a "serious" incident and there was noticeable injuries on either of them then the state would have pressed charges regardless of what either of them wanted.

It's tough to say exactly but I think you are focused on all the wrong things. It really doesn't matter if he's convicted of anything or not. He was seen by police hitting and kicking a woman. A completely different woman than the one he had issues with last year. This could very easily be considered a breach in the player conduct policy and he could be suspended. Then he faces a larger than normal suspension because he's already been suspended once for similar issues.

Last edited by Popcorn Sutton; 03-23-2009 at 06:31 PM..
Old 03-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed n Orange View Post
Gotcha, so they arrested them for picking their nose?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #18
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
That's a nice speculation on the writer's part. I wonder if Tony Sheffler is one of those "many" players?

Of course there are going to be people on both sides of this. Those are human beings. They're not all going to agree.

But, I haven't seen a single player even so much as hint that the coach needs to kiss Jay's ass, whereas we've had several players come out and compliment the coach, speak with excitement and our defensive team leader even hinted around that maybe Jay needs to learn how to handle his business better.

If there was any kind of major discord in the locker room about this, you can bet we'd be hearing some leaked quotes or something. Yet... nothing.

Right now, the public perception is that Jay won't speak to us. I imagine that perception will be furthered after this evening, despite what I expect to be efforts by our coach to paint the situation as fine.
For the most part, the players that have spoken about this subject have been Dawkins, Gaffney and a few others who were signed by McD. Doom was for the most part on the fence when asked........
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #19
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
Domestic issues are dropped all the time when both parties refuse to press charges.

I do believe that if it was a "serious" incident and there was noticeable injuries on either of them then the state would have pressed charges regardless of what either of them wanted.

It's tough to say exactly but I think you are focused on all the wrong things. It really doesn't matter if he's convicted of anything or not. He was seen by policing hitting and kicking a woman. A completely different woman than the one he had issues with last year. This could very easily be considered a breach in the player conduct policy and he could be suspended. Then he faces a larger than normal suspension because he's already been suspended once for similar issues.
Unfortunately for us, I think you are right on. Additionally, If I were a betting man, I 'd postulate that Brandon probaby a dates strong, opinionated women who might not think twice about hitting a guy first and that certainly would not be a good mix with someone who fashions himself as a young, tough football player who doesn;t take anything from anyone. Basically, what I am saying is that Brandon probably needs to date a woman with the tempermant of a Librarian
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #20
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

http://www.denverpost.com/sportshead...516?source=rss

The NFL draft is barely a month away.

I only mention it because, strange as it may seem for a man who has yet to see a Sunday sideline as the Broncos' leader, the next three to four weeks could determine Josh McDaniels' future as the team's head coach.

Yes, these next few weeks could prove to be that important. First, there's the Jay Cutler issue. Is McDaniels going to ship out his disgruntled quarterback or is he going to extend an olive branch and develop a working relationship with him?

If Cutler is traded, there's no telling how much it could set the franchise back. For all his issues between the ears, Cutler is a rare talent, the likes of which the Broncos have searched for since John Elway's retirement. Maybe McDaniels could get by with a stop-gap quarterback, but it certainly isn't a recipe for long-term success.

Finally, there's the matter of the rest of the roster. For all the attention the Cutler-McDaniels relationship has gotten, Cutler is just one player among 53. The most important player, yes, but just one player. McDaniels has to find a way to come out of this mess and maintain the respect of the other players, many of whom have sided with Cutler.

Trust me, it isn't just fans and media who are watching the young coach's every move. The other players are watching more closely than anyone else.
Anyone know where the post is getting this from? I know there are some players out there that are siding with Jay (Tony Scheffler, maybe Brandon Marshall) but I didn't know there were "many" players who have sided with Jay. How many is "many"?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
For the most part, the players that have spoken about this subject have been Dawkins, Gaffney and a few others who were signed by McD. Doom was for the most part on the fence when asked........
agreed and Royal also talked about liking McDaniels, but when in this system, Royal is going to be our Wes Welker with more talent, and be mentioned among the elite receivers in the game, it is best not to rock the boat.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Anyone know where the post is getting this from? I know there are some players out there that are siding with Jay (Tony Scheffler, maybe Brandon Marshall) but I didn't know there were "many" players who have sided with Jay. How many is "many"?
majority of the offense, some of the young defensive guys.

basically everyone outside of old veterans and guys McDaniels himself brought in, are probably sided with Jay, even though they won't admit to it, so as not to piss off the guy who controls their future for the time being
Old 03-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #23
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

meh...the focus to me shouldn't be on the word "many" but rather on "sided."

What does sided mean? Does it mean they think McDaniels is an Ahole who should grant Cutler his wish and trade him? Does it mean that they can empathize with the perceived insult of being talked about in trade talks? Does it mean that they think he's a good QB and shouldn't be traded? Does it mean that they will mutiny and all drop steamers on McD's desk? Does it mean that they will whisper mean things about coach during film sessions/ Spitballs? Maybe the lockeroom will divide Crips and Bloods style and wipe each other out?

Players know that they aren't the GM. Their siding with Jay is emotional and empathetic, but if they value their jobs, it has no real consequence.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #24
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I see someone who always sides with the player, regardless.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #25
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Anyone know where the post is getting this from?
Perhaps they're getting it from their bruised egos over the fact that McDaniels won't talk to them.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote