The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 02:31 AM   #1
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Pro days...

This is older but I thought Id point out that Wells improved his 40 time.

http://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblog...eanie_bla.html
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
This is older but I thought Id point out that Wells improved his 40 time.

http://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblog...eanie_bla.html
This is probably why there were rumors that he ran a 4.3 40 before the combine. Times were taken from the OSU fast track. I still think he is the best RB in this class and is every bit as fast as a great majority of the backs last year. Nobody is really making mention of the fact that times were so slow this year. What changed, the surface. Moreno ran a 4.58 40 at his pro day yesterday. Not too impressive, but he does have skills.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
This is probably why there were rumors that he ran a 4.3 40 before the combine. Times were taken from the OSU fast track. I still think he is the best RB in this class and is every bit as fast as a great majority of the backs last year. Nobody is really making mention of the fact that times were so slow this year. What changed, the surface. Moreno ran a 4.58 40 at his pro day yesterday. Not too impressive, but he does have skills.
moreno is also learning to run with a added 18 lbs of muscle dont forget he was 199 in his last game with georgia.....
ELEVATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:37 AM   #4
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELEVATION View Post
moreno is also learning to run with a added 18 lbs of muscle dont forget he was 199 in his last game with georgia.....
That's a good point. Beanie still outweighs him by 10-15 LBS though. But, he has had essentially the same frame since HS.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 AM   #5
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It looked like he was trying too hard at the combine and was fighting himself. I think its partly that and the surface. I think 4.4s is more indicative of his game speed.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It looked like he was trying too hard at the combine and was fighting himself. I think its partly that and the surface. I think 4.4s is more indicative of his game speed.
Yeah. I tend to take the difference between the combine and pro day as a players actual speed. On local radio, Chris Spielman was saying that Beanie looked tight and was trying too hard to put up an excellent time. This was most likely the case.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
That's a good point. Beanie still outweighs him by 10-15 LBS though. But, he has had essentially the same frame since HS.
thats what i mean beanie has been this way since he started moreno was always smaller and beefed up big time.....it will take him sometime. but i wil lsay moreno has better vision and overall athleticism for a Rb but wells is very quick for his size as well.....

i still belive both are top 15 picks when all is said and done.....
Old 03-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #8
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
thats what i mean beanie has been this way since he started moreno was always smaller and beefed up big time.....it will take him sometime. but i wil lsay moreno has better vision and overall athleticism for a Rb but wells is very quick for his size as well.....

They are probably worthy of being picked in that range, but RB is so undervalued I doubt either of them go in the top 20. Moreno can also catch out of the backfield. Nobody knows about Wells, OSU didn't use him in that capacity.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #9
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
He dropped his weight back down.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #10
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
He dropped his weight back down.
im showing he is still 216lbs.....

what are you showing him at?

usually when they lose weight its reported.....otherwise they keep the combine stuff

Last edited by ELEVATION; 03-20-2009 at 06:38 AM..
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 AM   #11
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
They are probably worthy of being picked in that range, but RB is so undervalued I doubt either of them go in the top 20. Moreno can also catch out of the backfield. Nobody knows about Wells, OSU didn't use him in that capacity.
I heard Wells was impressive catching the ball...either at his pro day or the combine (I forget which).
Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 AM   #12
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

My preference is Wells. I think they have comparable vision. I wouldnt say Moreno has a definitive advantage in that regard. I think the biggest advantage Moreno has over Wells is that he runs with more wiggle and energy.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #13
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
My preference is Wells. I think they have comparable vision. I wouldnt say Moreno has a definitive advantage in that regard. I think the biggest advantage Moreno has over Wells is that he runs with more wiggle and energy.
thats what i call overall athleticism...lol and to me that stems very much from vision as well.

I dont disagree that wells is good. i actually wouldnt mind either on this team....especially since we may have to get by on defense and a run game next year....lol
Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 AM   #14
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
thats what i call overall athleticism...lol and to me that stems very much from vision as well.

I dont disagree that wells is good. i actually wouldnt mind either on this team....especially since we may have to get by on defense and a run game next year....lol
Wells is big and has excellent vision that lets him to see openings but, more importantly, he has amazing feet for someone his size. Its just that he's 6'1 and 237 lbs so he cant make multiple moves in close quarters like Moreno. Conversely, Wells is stronger and a little faster though.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #15
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Well, I guess we are screwed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: