The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default Elway speaks on Cutler!

Denver Broncos legendary quarterback John Elway had a few things to say about the Jay Cutler soap opera. Elway was attending a fundraising event in Pueblo, CO.

Speaking at a fundraising event in Pueblo, Elway said, “I’m disappointed for both sides, I look at the Denver Broncos organization as the best in the NFL, as well as Jay Cutler as (one of) the top five quarterbacks in the league.”

He went on to say, “I just hope with everything that’s gone on, obviously, there’s been feelings hurt along the way, that they can get over that and realize that it’s all about winning football games.”

Elway was also optimistic that things will work out in the long run.

“I’m sure that they’ll keep working on it and we’re going through a phase right now, obviously Jay’s feelings have been hurt, and I understand that because if you like the place you are playing you don’t want to hear your name in trade talks,” Elway said. “It’s tough, I’m hopeful, I think Pat Bowlen’s still the best owner in the NFL and if I’m Jay Cutler, the place I wanna play is a place where the No. 1 thing that counts is winning Super Bowls and that’s what Pat Bowlen cares about.”

Amen Elway! I think Elway is going to pull another comeback victory out for the Denver Broncos. Elway to save the day! Hurry get Cutler on the phone now. Tell him what you think. Cutler must listen to the ultimate Bronco, right?

http://coloradosportsdesk.com/wp/?p=130

Also I found it interesting how our beloved Elway says Jay is a top 5 QB. Anyone want to challenge him or remind us of how much Jay "sucks" as a QB and how we'd be so much better off with some scrub/rookie in his place tossing the pigskin? Spin it all you want Cutler haters. The king of all Broncos has spoken, and if you are going to say he's wrong (a Hall of Fame QB) then you're only further admitting your stupidity.

He does make it clear though that Cutler should realize that Denver is one of the best places for him to succeed as a QB. Hopefully the FO and Cutler are just sitting back right now and letting everything cool off. Come training camp McDaniels should be able to get 1v1 and hopefully by now he will be able to talk with Cutler and acctually assure him he's the QB if he works hard like he was doing originally (studied the playbook 2 weeks strait, prior to the trade fiasco).

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 03-20-2009 at 12:51 AM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #2
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Elway for GM!!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Come on, John.

Call Pat Bowlen up and smack sense into him.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

That would the greatest comeback of all...

Unless he's got Jay's #, it's all talk.

This isn't the Dove Valley Elway rode off into the sunset with.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I thought the rumor in January about Elway being GM was one of the silliest thing i've heard in awhile... now i'm starting to hope it happens. At least the guy has a brain in his head which is more than I can say for Bowlen, Colonel or McNugget.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

If Elway told Bowlen to jump, He would ask, "how high?"
Old 03-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #7
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
That would the greatest comeback of all...

Unless he's got Jay's #, it's all talk.

This isn't the Dove Valley Elway rode off into the sunset with.
Oh, I'm sure John has Jay's #. However I doubt he's calling him and getting involved in this mess. Again, I hope things just stay as they are... quiet... and come training camp when Cutler reports (like he said he would to all mandatory events) everything will be settled. I just don't want to deal with mediocrity at QB again for another decade or more. I actually ENJOY watching Jay play and get better through time. I'm hoping we can all watch the offense grow up together and our new defense tears some faces a part.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 03-20-2009 at 12:55 AM..
Old 03-20-2009, 12:55 AM   #8
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Denver Broncos legendary quarterback John Elway had a few things to say about the Jay Cutler soap opera. Elway was attending a fundraising event in Pueblo, CO.

Speaking at a fundraising event in Pueblo, Elway said, Im disappointed for both sides, I look at the Denver Broncos organization as the best in the NFL, as well as Jay Cutler as (one of) the top five quarterbacks in the league.

He went on to say, I just hope with everything thats gone on, obviously, theres been feelings hurt along the way, that they can get over that and realize that its all about winning football games.

Im sure that theyll keep working on it and were going through a phase right now, obviously Jays feelings have been hurt, and I understand that because if you like the place you are playing you dont want to hear your name in trade talks, Elway said. Its tough, Im hopeful, I think Pat Bowlens still the best owner in the NFL and if Im Jay Cutler, the place I wanna play is a place where the No. 1 thing that counts is winning Super Bowls and thats what Pat Bowlen cares about.

Amen Elway! I think Elway is going to pull another comeback victory out for the Denver Broncos. Elway to save the day! Hurry get Cutler on the phone now. Tell him what you think. Cutler must listen to the ultimate Bronco, right?

Also I found it interesting how our beloved Elway says Jay is a top 5 QB. Anyone want to challenge him or remind us of how much Jay "sucks" as a QB and how we'd be so much better off with some scrub/rookie in his place tossing the pigskin? Spin it all you want Cutler haters. The king of all Broncos has spoken, and if you are going to say he's wrong (a Hall of Fame QB) then you're only further admitting your stupidity.

He does make it clear though that Cutler should realize that Denver is one of the best places for him to succeed as a QB. Hopefully the FO and Cutler are just sitting back right now and letting everything cool off. Come training camp McDaniels should be able to get 1v1 and hopefully by now he will be able to talk with Cutler and acctually assure him he's the QB if he works hard like he was doing originally (studied the playbook 2 weeks strait, prior to the trade fiasco).
Certainly, it used to be. But a lot has changed in the last 3 months.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:56 AM   #9
Popps
It's so easy

John played it smart. Said absolutely nothing and really supported neither side.

He knows Bowlen is one of the best owners in sports and knows that half of Denver will be chippy if he rails on Cutler. So, he took the path of least resistance and said zero.

Smart move, #7.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #10
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Speaking at a fundraising event in Pueblo, Elway said, Im disappointed for both sides, I look at the Denver Broncos organization as the best in the NFL, as well as Jay Cutler as (one of) the top five quarterbacks in the league.

He went on to say, I just hope with everything thats gone on, obviously, theres been feelings hurt along the way, that they can get over that and realize that its all about winning football games.

Im sure that theyll keep working on it and were going through a phase right now, obviously Jays feelings have been hurt, and I understand that because if you like the place you are playing you dont want to hear your name in trade talks, Elway said. Its tough, Im hopeful, I think Pat Bowlens still the best owner in the NFL and if Im Jay Cutler, the place I wanna play is a place where the No. 1 thing that counts is winning Super Bowls and thats what Pat Bowlen cares about.

Not to mention, he doesn't mention his feelings being hurt by someone comparing their arm to his...he was cocky too.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #11
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
John played it smart. Said absolutely nothing and really supported neither side.

He knows Bowlen is one of the best owners in sports and knows that half of Denver will be chippy if he rails on Cutler. So, he took the path of least resistance and said zero.

Smart move, #7.
Yeah, assumptions are OK if you're the one making them. You're a trip.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #12
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

Smart move, #7.
Yeah, he was very wise... but you have to remember that #7 has a few years of experience in dealing with existence within the "goldfish bowl" of media attention.

Nonetheless, good interview.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #13
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:

Smart move, #7.
Really?

It sounded more like he was living in the past.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:21 AM   #14
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Is Bowlen really, given the last 3 months?

Has he shown any ability to negotiate a solution?

Or command one?

He's gun shy about the CBA and the economy or something.

He's still hoping for a resolution, but it won't be as easy this time as in '91.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #15
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer

This space for rent

meh, I'm going back to bed...
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #16
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I thought the rumor in January about Elway being GM was one of the silliest thing i've heard in awhile... now i'm starting to hope it happens. At least the guy has a brain in his head which is more than I can say for Bowlen, Colonel or McNugget.
I kinda started that rumor ....
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #17
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

What I noticed is that Elway gave props to both Cutler and Bowlen... but there was no acknowledgement whatsoever of the Patriot.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 AM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
What I noticed is that Elway gave props to both Cutler and Bowlen... but there was no acknowledgement whatsoever of the Patriot.
I know
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:26 AM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTribbey View Post
Elway for GM!!
**** that. Elway for Owner, GM, Player-HC
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 AM   #20
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Yeah, he was very wise... but you have to remember that #7 has a few years of experience in dealing with existence within the "goldfish bowl" of media attention.

Nonetheless, good interview.
Yea, I mean... he said things that were correct, and I agree... Jay's best opportunity in the short-term is in Denver.

But, he wisely avoided taking sides.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #21
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Yea, I mean... he said things that were correct, and I agree... Jay's best opportunity in the short-term is in Denver.

But, he wisely avoided taking sides.
John is a Bronco. Josh is a Patriot.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:02 AM   #22
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Thats what stood out to me as well. Its what Ive been saying. This is more about Pat and Jay. Whatever Josh does is because Pat allows it to happen. It goes back to Pat.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #23
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

I don't know why more people aren't hitting on it, but after all the Cutler haters shifted from being mad at him for "whining" to attacking him as being a crappy/average QB who cant win, what with his horrible 86 QB rating and all... Elway clearly stated he thought Cutler was a top 5 QB in the ENTIRE NFL.

In no order, P. Manning, Brees, Rivers (had to), Brady, Cutler... that's your top 5. I'd put Warner in the mix too, tbh. After these guys you have E. Manning and Big Ben... then you got a young up and coming Cutler'esq player in Matt Ryan who I believe will be a top QB in a few years.

We really need to fix this. I don't want to turn in to the Browns, Lions, Bucs... among tons of other teams who have been searching forever for a franchise QB. Waiting through Griese and Plummer was enough. I don't care what anyone says... if we have the current Cutler in 2005 we go at least 14-2, obliterate the Steelers, and go on to win the Super Bowl. Plummer managed the game admirably under Shanahan and Kubiak's tutalage, but Cutler would have taken our offense to another level.

Anyway... if whenever I see a person calling Cutler a crappy QB now, it's nice to point out Elway, our Hall of Fame QB, clearly says otherwise.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:44 AM   #24
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't know why more people aren't hitting on it, but after all the Cutler haters shifted from being mad at him for "whining" to attacking him as being a crappy/average QB who cant win, what with his horrible 86 QB rating and all... Elway clearly stated he thought Cutler was a top 5 QB in the ENTIRE NFL.

In no order, P. Manning, Brees, Rivers (had to), Brady, Cutler... that's your top 5. I'd put Warner in the mix too, tbh. After these guys you have E. Manning and Big Ben... then you got a young up and coming Cutler'esq player in Matt Ryan who I believe will be a top QB in a few years.

We really need to fix this. I don't want to turn in to the Browns, Lions, Bucs... among tons of other teams who have been searching forever for a franchise QB. Waiting through Griese and Plummer was enough. I don't care what anyone says... if we have the current Cutler in 2005 we go at least 14-2, obliterate the Steelers, and go on to win the Super Bowl. Plummer managed the game admirably under Shanahan and Kubiak's tutalage, but Cutler would have taken our offense to another level.

Anyway... if whenever I see a person calling Cutler a crappy QB now, it's nice to point out Elway, our Hall of Fame QB, clearly says otherwise.
Solomon Wilcots has 4 guys in clearly in the top 4: Brees, Manning, Brady, and R'berger. He says there are then several guys in the mix to be 5 and Cutler is as good as any of them...but Cutler is also the youngest of anyone in the mix. I kind of agree with this. Im not so sure R'berger is better but based on accomplishment, Ill acknowledge him as a top 4 QB.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:04 AM   #25
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Solomon Wilcots has 4 guys in clearly in the top 4: Brees, Manning, Brady, and R'berger. He says there are then several guys in the mix to be 5 and Cutler is as good as any of them...but Cutler is also the youngest of anyone in the mix. I kind of agree with this. Im not so sure R'berger is better but based on accomplishment, Ill acknowledge him as a top 4 QB.
Roth has "touch" as a talent and Jay has "arm" for a talent. Neither one is great at the other's best talent.....