The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
meangene
Ring of Famer

Default Clint Sintim: OLB Virginia

Clint Sintim
Height: 6-23/4 | Weight: 256 | 40-Time: 4.78
Clint Sintim | Virginia Cavaliers
Official Bio

Stars
Strengths:
Excellent size...Long arms...Good athlete...Fantastic pass rusher and blitzer...Good strength...Tough...Physical...A powerful tackler...Looks comfortable in coverage...Does a nice job of taking on and shedding blockers...Decent range...Aggressive with a non-stop motor...Makes plays in pursuit...Solid instincts...Is intense and competitive...Offers some versatility...Productive...Has a lot of experience...A team leader.

Weaknesses:
Relatively average timed speed...Limited reps in coverage...Hips aren't real fluid...Tends to play too tall...Will struggle to turn and run in man...Does not use his hands well...Didn't make many plays on the boundaries...Possible conditioning issues...Minor durability concerns.

Notes:
Was a four-year starter in the ACC...Named 2nd Team All-ACC in 2008...Led the entire country in linebacker sacks as a senior...Played through a serious shoulder injury in 2006 that eventually required surgery...Started his final 49 games with the Cavs...Could project outside or inside...Best fit at the next level will likely come on the strongside in a 4-3 scheme or outside in a 3-4...Big, versatile 'backer who makes a ton of impact plays...Excellent pro prospect who could end up being a stud in the NFL like Ahmad Brooks was supposed to be.
Career Statistics
Year GP TKL TFL SACK PBU INT
2004 RS - - - - -
2005 12 53 7.0 3.0 1 0
2006 12 45 10.0 4.0 0 0
2007 13 77 9.0 9.0 0 0
2008 12 70 13.0 11.0 3 0
Totals 49 245 39.0 27.0 4 0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy seems to be flying under the radar a little bit for some reason. Could be a real steal if he is there for our 2nd rounder.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I want to put it in your avatar.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I want to put it in your avatar.
Who knew a drawing could be so hot, right?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Sexy drawings aside, I don't think he's that under the radar. If I'm not mistaken, he really disappointed at the senior bowl, maybe that's why talk on him has cooled.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #5
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Sexy drawings aside, I don't think he's that under the radar. If I'm not mistaken, he really disappointed at the senior bowl, maybe that's why talk on him has cooled.
It think he has the size to get moved around in a 3-4 and could be some good value. Of course I drafted him for the Dolphins, so I'm a bit biased.

And I want have sex with that drawing too.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It think he has the size to get moved around in a 3-4 and could be some good value. Of course I drafted him for the Dolphins, so I'm a bit biased.

It's moments like these when I realize technology still has a long way to go before we're truly free.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
It's moments like these when I realize technology still has a long way to go before we're truly free.
Here's a video of theReverend as he goes off to have sex with the picture in his dreams. I'm the old guy in the toga and some black guy (JasoninLA) is at the end.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Are You Not Entertained?!?!?!?!?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #9
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Are You Not Entertained?!?!?!?!?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #10
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I don't remember him performing poorly at the senior bowl. I think he had a decent combine. I know one thing - he shows up on game day. Seems like there are a lot of DE / OLB types in this draft and maybe he is undervalued. Last year he was overshadowed by Long and this year UVA had a poor season. I think he is going to be a steal for somebody in Round 2.

Btw, I'm so glad the avatars are back! They make for great threads.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

If we don't get Everrette Brown in the 1st, Sintim or Barwin would be solid choices in the 2nd round.

Sintim is more versatile than most of the other rush OLBs and could be moved to SOLB opposite Jarvis Moss if we have to.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

An early warning: Every linebacker I've taken in the mock draft has ended up plummeting to late day 2.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
An early warning: Every linebacker I've taken in the mock draft has ended up plummeting to late day 2.
Can we get back on topic to boning the 2D hottie?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Focus, people.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #15
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

I would take Sintim in a heartbeat. But, im bias anyway.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene View Post
Clint Sintim
Height: 6-23/4 | Weight: 256 | 40-Time: 4.78
Clint Sintim | Virginia Cavaliers
Official Bio

Stars
Strengths:
Excellent size...Long arms...Good athlete...Fantastic pass rusher and blitzer...Good strength...Tough...Physical...A powerful tackler...Looks comfortable in coverage...Does a nice job of taking on and shedding blockers...Decent range...Aggressive with a non-stop motor...Makes plays in pursuit...Solid instincts...Is intense and competitive...Offers some versatility...Productive...Has a lot of experience...A team leader.

Weaknesses:
Relatively average timed speed...Limited reps in coverage...Hips aren't real fluid...Tends to play too tall...Will struggle to turn and run in man...Does not use his hands well...Didn't make many plays on the boundaries...Possible conditioning issues...Minor durability concerns.

Notes:
Was a four-year starter in the ACC...Named 2nd Team All-ACC in 2008...Led the entire country in linebacker sacks as a senior...Played through a serious shoulder injury in 2006 that eventually required surgery...Started his final 49 games with the Cavs...Could project outside or inside...Best fit at the next level will likely come on the strongside in a 4-3 scheme or outside in a 3-4...Big, versatile 'backer who makes a ton of impact plays...Excellent pro prospect who could end up being a stud in the NFL like Ahmad Brooks was supposed to be.
Career Statistics
Year GP TKL TFL SACK PBU INT
2004 RS - - - - -
2005 12 53 7.0 3.0 1 0
2006 12 45 10.0 4.0 0 0
2007 13 77 9.0 9.0 0 0
2008 12 70 13.0 11.0 3 0
Totals 49 245 39.0 27.0 4 0
Against Virginia Tech 0-4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy seems to be flying under the radar a little bit for some reason. Could be a real steal if he is there for our 2nd rounder.

The bold stat is what makes me think this is a pass situation. Besides, we don't want UVA trash on the team. They bring down the toughness on any team.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #17
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The bold stat is what makes me think this is a pass situation. Besides, we don't want UVA trash on the team. They bring down the toughness on any team.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #18
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
CLINT SINTIM
Career Highs
Tackles: 10 vs. Wake Forest, 2007; vs. Virginia Tech, 2007
Tackles for Loss: 3 vs. Wyoming, 2006; vs. Virginia Tech, 2006; vs. Virginia Tech, 2007
Sacks: 3 vs. Virginia Tech, 2007
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No wonder you don't like him - he was a one-man wrecking crew against "Hokie High"!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #19
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
CLINT SINTIM
Career Highs
Tackles: 10 vs. Wake Forest, 2007; vs. Virginia Tech, 2007
Tackles for Loss: 3 vs. Wyoming, 2006; vs. Virginia Tech, 2006; vs. Virginia Tech, 2007
Sacks: 3 vs. Virginia Tech, 2007
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No wonder you don't like him - he was a one-man wrecking crew against "Hokie High"!

He's still bitter about this:

Old 03-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #20
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Yea, I didn't do well at the senior bowl. Not to good in coverage and I don't htink he did to well in run defense. He's kind of a one trick pony. Only able to pass rush. I will pass on him. Barwin on the other hand would be a good second round pick.

Last edited by HILife; 03-24-2009 at 10:09 AM..
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #21
crosswatt
Just Drafted

Visiting Saints fan...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Boss and Champ

Quote:

You know, technically, you could.....

/printer and scissors
crosswatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #22
Snarfalicious
Catalina Wine Mixerer

Certified

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John C. Reilly

I've always been really high on Sintim. The transition to our D would be very easy for a guy like this. He can still play OLB in a 4-3 and OLB/ILB in a 3-4. He's a great blitzer, great tackler, and explodes through ball carriers. He's basically a poor-man's Aaron Curry and he could really be a stud in the NFL. He could use a little brushing up on his pass-coverage because he was used primarily as a flats-coverage and blitzing LB at Virginia, which might very well be what we expect him to do here with the ILB covering the intermediate middle coverages. If we could somehow add Sintim and a Jasper Brinkley to go alongside DJ Williams and hopefully a Moss or Doom, we might very well have a fierce LB corps. The only problem with Sintim is he won't last till the 48th and its way too soon to pick him at 12. I guess it's just another reason to trade down if the value isn't there at 12.
Snarfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #23
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarfalicious View Post
I've always been really high on Sintim. The transition to our D would be very easy for a guy like this. He can still play OLB in a 4-3 and OLB/ILB in a 3-4. He's a great blitzer, great tackler, and explodes through ball carriers. He's basically a poor-man's Aaron Curry and he could really be a stud in the NFL. He could use a little brushing up on his pass-coverage because he was used primarily as a flats-coverage and blitzing LB at Virginia, which might very well be what we expect him to do here with the ILB covering the intermediate middle coverages. If we could somehow add Sintim and a Jasper Brinkley to go alongside DJ Williams and hopefully a Moss or Doom, we might very well have a fierce LB corps. The only problem with Sintim is he won't last till the 48th and its way too soon to pick him at 12. I guess it's just another reason to trade down if the value isn't there at 12.
What I like is that he is one of the few linebackers coming out who could, I think, play either OLB spot in the 3-4. Clay Matthews is another. I think we will end up trading back.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #24
Snarfalicious
Catalina Wine Mixerer

Certified

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John C. Reilly

Quote:
What I like is that he is one of the few linebackers coming out who could, I think, play either OLB spot in the 3-4. Clay Matthews is another. I think we will end up trading back.
Yeah, he actually could play any position in a 3-4 because he is big enough, stout enough, and shed blocks well enough to play ILB as well. But putting him at ILB wouldn't be ideal because his ability to rush the edge is pretty much wasted.
Snarfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: