The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default question for season ticket holders

how easy is it to move tickets to games you won't be going to?

I put myself on the wait list probably 8 years ago - I was living in FL at the time, but figured my career might take me to Denver - you never know. last year, I tried to make the move but I couldn't find a job out there. I ended up moving to South Carolina (near Charlotte).

I just called the Bronco ticket office, and I'm now 1208 away. With the economy and Cutlergate, I'm thinking that there will be a few tickets that aren't renewed and I just might finally make the cut this year.

It still isn't out of the question that I end up in Colorado within the next 5-10 years, and it would be awesome to have tickets at that time. I'm inclined to get the tickets, and sell the bulk of them on e-bay/craigslist/stubhub - maybe I'll fork out the cash and fly into town to see a game or two myself.

So - how difficult is it to move tickets? Any nuances I should be aware of?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

if youre caught selling them for above market value i think they can (and will?) revoke your season tickets..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
if youre caught selling them for above market value i think they can (and will?) revoke your season tickets..
well, all I really want is to recoup the cost - I fully plan on using said tickets at some point in the future. Right not, it's not really a profit endeavor, but profit would be nice.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
BBB1980
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Marshal

I am a season ticket holder and frineds with many others. One of them last year had a tough year and had to sell her tickets to most of the games. She did this through a site that was set up with the Broncos. She was able to sell most of the games that she could not attend. They would add the money her account each time so when the renewal notice came out this season she had a credit for a good portion of what she owed for the new season. She was very satisfied with how it was handled and the outcome.
BBB1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB1980 View Post
I am a season ticket holder and frineds with many others. One of them last year had a tough year and had to sell her tickets to most of the games. She did this through a site that was set up with the Broncos. She was able to sell most of the games that she could not attend. They would add the money her account each time so when the renewal notice came out this season she had a credit for a good portion of what she owed for the new season. She was very satisfied with how it was handled and the outcome.
good to know...thanks. Did she ever not sell?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
seanpgk
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
EVP John Elway

Yep, you can set up your account through the Broncos official website. You log in on the bottom-left corner of the page. They issue you an account and initial password after you become a season ticket holder (the site is actually run by Ticketmaster). During the season, you can choose to sell any of your seats to any of the games- all without ever dealing with the actual buyer. The buyer prints out the tickets on their own. The Colorado State Legislature passed a law in 2008 allowing anyone to sell their tickets ABOVE face value (if they choose) to any event. In fact, there are minimums to selling through this site depending on what section your seats are. I'm in Sect. 537 and my minimum is $60/seat. When your seats are sold, they credit your account as stated above. For those who don't want to deal with StubHub, craigslist, etc (like me), it's really easy to use.

Also, another reason I use the Broncos TicketExchange to sell tickets I won't use is that this is the only way to sell your tickets and not be responsible for the actions of whoever is in your seats. Otherwise, you are liable for any actions that happen in your seats and if someone really screws up and makes an complete ass of themselves- the Broncos can and probably will revoke your season ticket privileges.

I've had my season tickets 2 full seasons and haven't had too much trouble selling seats when I haven't been able to make a game here or there. This season might be a different story though, we'll see.
seanpgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

do they let you do payments? like half and half or something?

also isn't there a deposit?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpgk View Post
Yep, you can set up your account through the Broncos official website. You log in on the bottom-left corner of the page. They issue you an account and initial password after you become a season ticket holder (the site is actually run by Ticketmaster). During the season, you can choose to sell any of your seats to any of the games- all without ever dealing with the actual buyer. The buyer prints out the tickets on their own. The Colorado State Legislature passed a law in 2008 allowing anyone to sell their tickets ABOVE face value (if they choose) to any event. In fact, there are minimums to selling through this site depending on what section your seats are. I'm in Sect. 537 and my minimum is $60/seat. When your seats are sold, they credit your account as stated above. For those who don't want to deal with StubHub, craigslist, etc (like me), it's really easy to use.

Also, another reason I use the Broncos TicketExchange to sell tickets I won't use is that this is the only way to sell your tickets and not be responsible for the actions of whoever is in your seats. Otherwise, you are liable for any actions that happen in your seats and if someone really screws up and makes an complete ass of themselves- the Broncos can and probably will revoke your season ticket privileges.

I've had my season tickets 2 full seasons and haven't had too much trouble selling seats when I haven't been able to make a game here or there. This season might be a different story though, we'll see.
cool - thanks.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Don't forget about having to eat Preseason games too, they make you pay for those
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #10
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Don't forget about having to eat Preseason games too, they make you pay for those
I know I will sound stupid, but you get preseason as a part of the package...or it is extra?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #11
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbmasterflash View Post
I know I will sound stupid, but you get preseason as a part of the package...or it is extra?
If you only want the regular season you are screwed. you have to buy 10 games 8 reg and 2 PS.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
seanpgk
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
EVP John Elway

Yeah, you pay the first half sometime in the late spring/early summer and the rest a little later. After the first season, you can pay the first half deposit by early March to be on the Seat Improvement request list. I hope to move a little closer to the 50 this year. Needless to say, I think I'll have a lot more options this year
Old 03-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
If you only want the regular season you are screwed. you have to buy 10 games 8 reg and 2 PS.
in the pink section, they say it's $580 - that includes pre-season games too, right? $580 is for 10 games?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #14
seanpgk
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
EVP John Elway

$58/seat/game@10 games= $580/season ticket + approx $5 processing fee

It's pretty hard to move the preseason tickets if you don't go- so pretty much spread that cost over 8 gms and the real price is $72.50/season ticket in Sect 537.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
actually I am good with this, I just did not know how it worked but thank you for the reply

preseason is still football and at that point I won't care
Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #16
seanpgk
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
EVP John Elway

At least pretty hard to get anything close to face value...
Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #17
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpgk View Post
Yeah, you pay the first half sometime in the late spring/early summer and the rest a little later. After the first season, you can pay the first half deposit by early March to be on the Seat Improvement request list. I hope to move a little closer to the 50 this year. Needless to say, I think I'll have a lot more options this year
thanks man
Old 03-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #18
seanpgk
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
EVP John Elway

No problem- it's definitely worth it if you have/get them.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #19
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I cannot wait, I think I have been on it since like 2003 or so...I did it with the mindset that by the time my number is up I can afford them

4 more years I am guessing for me (6,515 as of today)
Old 03-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #20
seanpgk
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
EVP John Elway

I got on the list in 2000 when I was 21 (with the same idea of affording them when I got there) and in my seats '07. Should of had them in '06, but they had my cell # a digit off! I politely requested to be at the top of the list in '07 (they admitted it was their error) and I got them that summer. I was pretty psyched to say the least.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #21
seanpgk
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
EVP John Elway

Quote:
4 more years I am guessing for me (6,515 as of today)
Maybe less at this rate...
Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I am hoping so, I have been in the "ok I can afford it now" mode for a few years now and am getting antsy

I was even going to get AFL season tix this year to get me by but noooooooooo
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #23
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Last year for the Bills game there were 1500 tickets on sale at stubhub... AT GAME TIME! Some of them were going for as little as $15 per ticket. Most years it is difficult to find a pair of tickets without paying 15-25% over the face value. With the current economy and a little senseless drama going I would think this year would be more of the same.

Oh, and how could it be that you're number is up already. The Broncos told CaliJohn that there was still a 12 year waiting list. Some people are naive I guess. Just like they aren't losing many fans in terms of season ticket sales. Propaganda and the Broncos are doing their best to fight off a mass turn in at this point. I've been saying it for three months now, Pat Bowlen is sweating bullets b/c sales are down. That is a huge reason why we are going through so many changes, Pat knew something had to change. Bronco fans are amongst the best in the country, but even we have our limits. The economy and a poor product even affects the most faithful!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #24
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I have had success selling my extra games early in the season. I don't go to all the games, like I used to, so before the season I decide which games I am going to and I sell the rest. Easy to sell the regular season games, even against the bad teams, before the 1st game or early in the season when optimism is high. If the season goes south for the Broncos then the tickets are harder to sell.

Preseason is another story. In recent years I have picked one of those games to go to, and I give the other as a gift to a business client or friend.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #25
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

so at least 1208 ticket holders did not renew between March 18 and today - I got the notification e-mail today that season tickets are available.

pulling the trigger on this will be tough for me - since March, I took a 10% pay-cut and my wife had a baby, making travel w/ the wife to see a game challenging at best. not sure what I'm gonna do. Anyone wanna go halvsies?