The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Montrose's Crazy Mock Draft with trades v3

Here we go again, having some fun with it. Another crazy, trading mock draft that just happens to work out perfectly for the Broncos! Lets pretend we’d be able to pay for all of these picks too! Meh, I was bored on a conference call...

* Broncos trade Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler and a 2010 draft pick to the Browns for Brady Quinn, Shaun Rogers and the #5 pick.
* Broncos trade the #12 pick to the Eagles for the #21 and #28 picks.
* Broncos trade Brandon Marshall to the Vikings for the #22 pick and a conditional 2010 pick.

1) Lions: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia – Coming off an 0-16 season, the Lions enter a new era with a new face of the franchise.
2) Rams: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia – Orlando Pace is done and Monroe would be a natural fit to slide in at LT.
3) Chiefs: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest – The Chiefs select the new centerpiece of their defense.
4) Seahawks: Jason Brown, OT, Baylor – Could go QB or DT, but I expect they solidify the LT position.
5) Broncos: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech – With Brandon Marshall’s issues, the Broncos decide to change directions.
6) Bengals: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama – The Bengals need an OT badly and would easily overlook his character issues.
7) Raiders: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas – Orakpo brings a physical, pass-rushing presence to the Raiders defense.
8) Jaguars: Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern California – David Garrard left plenty of doubts last season.
9) Packers: Everette Brown, OLB, Florida State – The Packers will need pass rushers for their move to the 3-4 defense.
10) 49ers: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College – The 49ers need to get more physical on defense to mirror their Head Coach.
11) Bills: Aaron Maybin, OLB, Penn State – The Bills could use a dynamic pass rusher and the undersized Maybin fits their scheme.
12) Eagles: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri – The Eagles move up to pass Washington and add a big time weapon for Donovan McNabb.
13) Redskins: Brian Cushing, OLB, Southern California – Losing Jason Taylor and Marcus Washington creates a need in the front seven.
14) Saints: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State – While they’ve added CB’s in free agency, Jenkins is too good a value to pass up.
15) Texans: Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi – Jerry could join Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams and Antonio Smith on a formidable DL.
16) Chargers: Clay Matthews, OLB, Southern California – Matthews is a versatile LB who could fit many roles in the Chargers 3-4 look.
17) Jets: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee – Rex Ryan will want plenty of talent for his new front seven and Ayers is a riser.
18) Bears: Eben Britton, OT, Arizona – Britton and Chris Williams give the Bears the bookend tackles they need.
19) Buccaneers: Evander Hood, DT, Missouri: Raheem Morris is still a defensive guy and has a need at DT.
20) Lions: Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi – The Lions pickup Stafford’s left tackle for much cheaper than the #1 pick.
21) Broncos: Rey Maualuga, ILB, Southern California – Provides the Broncos with a nasty force in the middle.
22) Broncos: Tyson Jackson, DE, Louisiana State – The New England philosophy is to build from the inside-out and Jackson is a natural 5-technique.
23) Patriots: Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut – The Patriots have a major need a cornerback and Butler is an experience, New England-type player.
24) Falcons: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois –The Falcons need a CB to replace the departed Domonique Foxworth.
25) Dolphins: Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina – Nicks gives the Dolphins a WR threat across from Ted Ginn Jr.
26) Ravens: Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland – The local product could give Joe Flacco a speedy threat to stretch defenses.
27) Colts: James Laurinatis, ILB, Ohio State – Pat Kirwan believes Laurinatis is a stellar LB in coverage and that’s good enough for me.
28) Broncos: Larry English, OLB, Northern Illinois – English provides the Broncos a pass rush threat for their new 3-4 look.
29) Giants: Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers – Britt is a big target who could help replace Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer.
30) Titans: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida – Harvin gives the Titans another unique weapon to pair with Chris Johnson
31) Cardinals: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech – Johnson is a very physically talented player to help replace Antonio Smith.
32) Steelers: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest – After losing Bryant McFadden, the Steelers will need some help in the secondary.

Broncos Depth Chart:
QB: Brady Quinn, Chris Simms
RB: Correll Buckhalter, JJ Arrington, LaMont Jordan, Ryan Torain
FB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Michael Crabtree, Jabar Gaffney, Chad Jackson
WR: Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley, Rookie
TE: Daniel Graham, Jeb Putzier
LT: Ryan Clady, Tyler Polumbus
LG: Ben Hamilton, Lonnie Paxton
C: Casey Wiegmann, Kory Lichtensteiger
RG: Chris Kuper, Scott Young
RT: Ryan Harris

DE: Tyson Jackson, Carlton Powell
NT: Shaun Rogers, Ronald Fields
DE/UT: Marcus Thomas, Kenny Peterson
OLB: Larry English, Elvis Dumervil
ILB/WLB: DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard
MLB: Rey Maualuga, Andra Davis, Spencer Larsen
OLB: Boss Bailey, Jarvis Moss
CB: Champ Bailey, Jack Williams
CB: Andre’ Goodman, Josh Bell
FS: Renaldo Hill, Vernon Fox
SS: Brian Dawkins, Josh Barrett

K: Matt Prater
P: Brett Kern
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Shouldn't they take Sanchez with the 5 pick?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Shouldn't they take Sanchez with the 5 pick?
Already got Quinn in the trade.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Salary Cap, I would like to see it if it went down but man thats alot of money we just dont have.

Larry English i like better at SOLB. I am also giving Doom and Jarvis the chance to prove they can be the guy on the WOLB spot. if not draft Selvie next year or that kid from USC or Dunlap. gonna be another great year at OLB for 3-4 next year.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Andre smith at #6....hmmm??
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #6
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

You got way too much time on your hands Montrose. lmao
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
You got way too much time on your hands Montrose. lmao
I sit around on conference calls all day where one thing is mentioned to me at the beginning that effects me, then I zone off for 55 minutes and charge $50 for it. The positive of being a consultant. Too bad I could be let go any day.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
I sit around on conference calls all day where one thing is mentioned to me at the beginning that effects me, then I zone off for 55 minutes and charge $50 for it. The positive of being a consultant. Too bad I could be let go any day.
That does suck, sounds like a good gig.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Montrose,do you understand what "conditional" means?
I dont think DEN would get a conditional pick.
Whats the "condition?" That Marshall plays really, really good? DEN would be lucky to unload him for that much! AND! DEN gets a special pick!?!
He went to the Pro Bowl! Usually those trades are just for everything straight up. I dont think MIN is going to give even more based on some condition. They know what they are getting, and thats that.
Plus #22 ALOT! I think thats good.

#5 Everette Brown OLB (JACK) FL ST
#12 Brian Cushing OLB (SAM) USC (PHIL CAN KEEP THERE PICKS)
#22 Kenny Britt WR RUTGERS
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #10
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Montrose,do you understand what "conditional" means?
I dont think DEN would get a conditional pick.
Whats the "condition?" That Marshall plays really, really good? DEN would be lucky to unload him for that much! AND! DEN gets a special pick!?!
You could make the deal conditional on a number of factors:

1) Games played (this would be important if the deal was made before Goodell announces his suspension)
2) % of offensive snaps played
3) Stats (Receptions, TD's or Yards)
4) Pro Bowl

I'd make the pick a 3rd if met whatever standard was put in place, a 4th if not. I don't think a 1st and 3rd is too much to ask for a 24 year old Pro Bowl WR with two 100 catch seasons and a presently small contract.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #11
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You could make the deal conditional on a number of factors:

1) Games played (this would be important if the deal was made before Goodell announces his suspension)
2) % of offensive snaps played
3) Stats (Receptions, TD's or Yards)
4) Pro Bowl

I'd make the pick a 3rd if met whatever standard was put in place, a 4th if not. I don't think a 1st and 3rd is too much to ask for a 24 year old Pro Bowl WR with two 100 catch seasons and a presently small contract.
Dude, if anything DEN would have to give the 3rd!
Games played-If he isnt suspended!
% of offensive snaps-again, suspension will affect that!
Stats- Suspension!
Pro Bowl- He will more than likely make the pro bowl anyways, and then get susupended, and not be able to play in it! LO!L!!
What do you think of my picks? Cmon!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #12
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Dude, if anything DEN would have to give the 3rd!
Games played-If he isnt suspended!
% of offensive snaps-again, suspension will affect that!
Stats- Suspension!
Pro Bowl- He will more than likely make the pro bowl anyways, and then get susupended, and not be able to play in it! LO!L!!
What do you think of my picks? Cmon!
Man this is a fantasy mock draft! ! I like your picks, Kenny Britt is a sleeper although I'm not fully sold on Everette Brown - probably because I think Kamerion Wimbley whenever I see him.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #13
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Man this is a fantasy mock draft! ! I like your picks, Kenny Britt is a sleeper although I'm not fully sold on Everette Brown - probably because I think Kamerion Wimbley whenever I see him.
I think Kenny Britt is MArshall all over agian, big possesion reciever.
I LOVE Cushing cause he plays all over and is a field general.
Yeah, Everette Brown, much like Tyson Jackson, is a tough sell. Its weird, but i think theres better guys LATER in the draft.
I would rather have CMathews/CBarwin than alot of DE/OLB's like EBrown.
I would also rather have other 3-4 DEs LATER in the draft like Mitch King, Kyle Moore or Orion Martin than TJackson.
I just dont trust em, and i have admittedly watched specific players more, so that might play into that! (ya think!?!?!)
I do watch a TON of college football cause i am a junkie though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: