The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Look into your crystal ball: how does the Cutler saga end?
Trade 52 47.71%
New contract 17 15.60%
He returns under the existing contract 40 36.70%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default How does it end?

Your forecast for #6.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

His ego won't let him listen to anything other than a trade.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I see trade in his future as well
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I voted he returns under the existing contract. I see Cutler only reporting to mandatory functions and playing out the season in what is a very tumultuous and hostile season before being traded next year when we start all over again with a new QB.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Retires from football and takes over for Wilford Brimley at Liberty Medical. After a struggle with diabetes, Jay dies at 32.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Montrose you really think this can be patched up?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Retires from football and takes over for Wilford Brimley at Liberty Medical. After a struggle with diabetes, Jay dies at 32.

Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
WOW.... I guess he did not follow Wilfords advice
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
Punisher
The Horsemen Are coming

For You WOOOOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

In Mile High Chants SIMS!,SIMS!,SIMS!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
I voted he returns under the existing contract. I see Cutler only reporting to mandatory functions and playing out the season in what is a very tumultuous and hostile season before being traded next year when we start all over again with a new QB.
MAn your thread happy today! Good thing too!
As much as i want Ajy to stay and play in DEN, i think he gets dealt.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I don't think there is any way in hell he returns under his existing contract when you consider that Chris Simms is scheduled to make 3x more than Cutler is this season...
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #12
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bowlen votes trade?
He was asked if he thought Culter would remain a Bronco.
"To tell you the truth, I have no answer to that question," Bowlen said. "I would like to keep him here, obviously. But if you are going to be an unhappy camper there is no real reason to be here."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Sprkkk * sss ** sprk **

This is OldDude, transmitting from the future, in the year 2023, when so many of the Tradegate threads have been generated that they have somehow gained sentinence, combined, and are now crawling up the walls of the Quest building in an attempt to dominate the region's telecommunication systems

Please. I beg you. Sto ---

Spprk ** blzt.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #14
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

I think they work it out, and he stays. I think Cutler figures out that he's already done enough damage to his rep by being a douchebag throughout this process, and figures he might as well cut his losses and come play under the contract he is currently under.

It may take a firm "we are not trading you. Deal with it" for that to happen, but we'll see.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

There is no way he plays the upcoming season in his current contract.

The question is whether he gets that here or someplace else. My guess is somewhere else.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Montrose you really think this can be patched up?
No. I just think both sides are at standoff that will bring out the worst in each of them. I just don't see Denver caving in and giving Jay a new deal, especially if they're uncertain as to how he'll fit in this offense. Furthermore, I have a hard time believing Denver will trade him unless they get a deal that knocks their socks off. They've been so insistent they won't trade him, how does it make them look if they again, give in, and deal him. We've speculated deals of the teams we think are interested, but the truth is that none of these appear to be deals Denver would want to do had this incident never came up. The only thing I see forcing a trade is if Jay holds out from mandatory functions and informs the team he won't attend training camp. This would directly go against what he's said thus far and I just doubt that "Mr. I play for my teammates" would holdout and not be paid.

That's why I expect a cold Cutler to report to all mandatory functions and play the season out as the QB. I think he and McDaniels will hate each other every second of it and it will create a very uncomfortable situation in the locker room. If we take Jay at complete, public face value and that this has nothing to do with money and everything to do with trust; there's no denying he's a headstrong guy who can hold a grudge. He will never trust McDaniels, and even if he did - I believe he'd rather not play for him because of this system. I think Jay wants to play for a team that will build an offense to his abilities. This is why, following the season, I believe Cutler will be dealt to Shanahan's new team and we'll be starting over again in 2010, rendering 2009 pointless. IMO, this is the worst case scenario - which is why I expect it to happen.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I voted he'll come back under the existing contract. Din't he get a $17 million signing bonus? Did Simms get one of those? By the end of next season, the Mane will be filled with drama over Jay's new contract talks. Same as it ever was.

Oh, and by next December, Josh and Jay will be good buddies.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Thankfully mandatory minicamps are before the draft. Cutler has said he will report, which means he and Coach McDaniels can sit down and talk without bus cook there. Hopefully at that time they will be able to work out their differences and we're all good and laughing about this a year from now.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't think there is any way in hell he returns under his existing contract when you consider that Chris Simms is scheduled to make 3x more than Cutler is this season...
Simms is going to make $21 million??
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #20
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

He will be traded, no doubt.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #21
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
No. I just think both sides are at standoff that will bring out the worst in each of them. I just don't see Denver caving in and giving Jay a new deal, especially if they're uncertain as to how he'll fit in this offense. Furthermore, I have a hard time believing Denver will trade him unless they get a deal that knocks their socks off. They've been so insistent they won't trade him, how does it make them look if they again, give in, and deal him. We've speculated deals of the teams we think are interested, but the truth is that none of these appear to be deals Denver would want to do had this incident never came up. The only thing I see forcing a trade is if Jay holds out from mandatory functions and informs the team he won't attend training camp. This would directly go against what he's said thus far and I just doubt that "Mr. I play for my teammates" would holdout and not be paid.

That's why I expect a cold Cutler to report to all mandatory functions and play the season out as the QB. I think he and McDaniels will hate each other every second of it and it will create a very uncomfortable situation in the locker room. If we take Jay at complete, public face value and that this has nothing to do with money and everything to do with trust; there's no denying he's a headstrong guy who can hold a grudge. He will never trust McDaniels, and even if he did - I believe he'd rather not play for him because of this system. I think Jay wants to play for a team that will build an offense to his abilities. This is why, following the season, I believe Cutler will be dealt to Shanahan's new team and we'll be starting over again in 2010, rendering 2009 pointless. IMO, this is the worst case scenario - which is why I expect it to happen.
I was thinking this exact same thing on my way home from work last night...I was also hoping that Shanny got hired by a bottom three team to up the compensation.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #22
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Pat is going to give in and sign Jay to a new contract, but won't recall doing it.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #23
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Thankfully mandatory minicamps are before the draft. Cutler has said he will report, which means he and Coach McDaniels can sit down and talk without bus cook there. Hopefully at that time they will be able to work out their differences and we're all good and laughing about this a year from now.
Yup, I think minicamp is where the final decision will be made, and unless Jay is listening to his i-pod the whole time or doesn't show, I expect it will be to keep him. I think how cold the relationship stays depends on Cutler, if he picks up the offense well, they will score points and look good and that will do worlds for his ego, pride, and happiness with being a Bronco. He will never have a Shanny/Bates relationship with him, but I think that is a good thing anyways.
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #24
bjeffrey
Fresh off IR

Be a Man, Not a Mouth

IF, and it's a big IF, we can get to mini-camp in April without the media recruiting one or more of the participants to "fan the flames", then I think it settles down and he plays here. As Montrose says, it's gonna be muy uncomfortable, but I see Jay's sense of team and his own ego taking over. I also agree with Montrose that Cutler's skills are not the ones that McD will emphasize. If he's here beyond 2009, it will be because one of the two makes an accomodation in how Jay and the "system" interact.
bjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #25
jayman_37
Seasoned Veteran

Where is the option that says he comes back and then McDaniels puts him as the second string?
jayman_37 is offline   Reply With Quote