The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,773
Default The BS Report: Lombardi, McDaniels initiated talks

this posted here deserves its own thread. Lombardi states that McDaniels tried to go behind NE to get Cassel by initiating a three way with TB/DET without NE knowing. Didn't want to deal directly with NE. Familiarity with Cassel trumped Cutlers obvious talent for wanting this trade.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
DrFate
Lord of Order
 
DrFate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tower of Fate
Posts: 4,255
Default

I listened to that earlier - pretty interesting (and pretty funny)

Oh - you quoted me. Well



Thanks
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,247

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Of course they did. Did anyone actually think that they didn't. McDipSh**t wanted his boy and tried to be bold and go get him.

Amazing....Jay Cutler with a 1.05m cap number for

Matt Cassel with a 14.5m cap number and a 3rd round choice.

What the hell was he thinking. That guy is an absolute idiot!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,765

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Yet now its come out that Cutlet asked for a trade when Bates was axed. Well he didn't ask for a trade his agent did. But its the same thing.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,417

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

That's a damn good title and quite appropriate. The BS report.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer
 
RunSilentRunDeep's Avatar
 
I root for laundry

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Lombardi isn't making any sense. Sounds like he's just trying to throw Denver under the bus for sending him packing.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunSilentRunDeep View Post
Lombardi isn't making any sense. Sounds like he's just trying to throw Denver under the bus for sending him packing.
Lombardi was an unpaid adviser under Shanhan, they both agreed to the arrangement so Lombardi could still collect on his contract after being fired by Al Davis and help the Broncos in the process. They did it just to stick it him, IIRC.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:20 AM   #8
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,889

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Know what? A 25-year-old Pro Bowl QB with a pricetag of $1.5 mil.... vs. an older benchwarmer with a pricetag of $14 mil.....what kind of ******* moron even listens to the offer... much less considers this deal?
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 AM   #9
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

No proof. Anyone who buys this is a goddamn idiot (and, yeah, there are plenty of you on the board).
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #10
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Know what? A 25-year-old Pro Bowl QB with a pricetag of $1.5 mil.... vs. an older benchwarmer with a pricetag of $14 mil.....what kind of ******* moron even listens to the offer... much less considers this deal?
You are being an idiot. It's pretty clear that the deals that were CONSIDERED--NOT agreed to--would have included Cassel PLUS extra goodies. So, anyone who would NOT listen to such an offer is the idiot (i.e. YOU).
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #11
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,889

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
No proof. Anyone who buys this is a goddamn idiot (and, yeah, there are plenty of you on the board).
Is the McD KoolAid tasty?
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #12
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Is the McD KoolAid tasty?
Are Cutler's nuts tasty?
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #13
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,889

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You are being an idiot. It's pretty clear that the deals that were CONSIDERED--NOT agreed to--would have included Cassel PLUS extra goodies. So, anyone who would NOT listen to such an offer is the idiot (i.e. YOU).
Yeah, well then a lot of us Broncos fans are "being idiots"...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,822

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Know what? A 25-year-old Pro Bowl QB with a pricetag of $1.5 mil.... vs. an older benchwarmer with a pricetag of $14 mil.....what kind of ******* moron even listens to the offer... much less considers this deal?
If that rumor of Cassel, 1, 20 was true, youd be a moron not to listen
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #15
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,889

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Are Cutler's nuts tasty?
Classy, classy post.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #16
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Yeah, well then a lot of us Broncos fans are "being idiots"...
Yep, you are right here. A lot of you don't understand what it means to LISTEN to offers and give them consideration. Yep, that is pretty goddamn stupid.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #17
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Classy, classy post.
Oh, and the kool aid bit was classy I guess? Pot meet Kettle.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #18
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,889

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Yep, you are right here. A lot of you don't understand what it means to LISTEN to offers and give them consideration. Yep, that is pretty goddamn stupid.
Know what? I'm done talking to you about Cutler/McD.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
If that rumor of Cassel, 1, 20 was true, youd be a moron not to listen
Exactly. Unfortunately, Blueflame and others are too ignorant to understand this simple fact. There is NOTHING wrong with considering trade offers for ANY player. And don't give me the "they lied" BS...no one has offered any valid proof of such.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #20
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Know what? I'm done talking to you about Cutler/McD.
OK. A tacit admission of defeat. I win. P.S. I love your holier than thou crap where you called other people "idiots" in your prior post.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,600

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Yet now its come out that Cutlet asked for a trade when Bates was axed.


Where did that come out? I haven't seen a credible report on this yet. Peter King mentioned it as a rumor, and that's as far as it's gone. Is there another source on this?
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #22
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boondocks Ohio
Posts: 276
Default

This saddens me some, and even now, I'm not sure what to believe. I was hearing the deal came to McDaniel, not the other way around. Yes, it had been rumored, but McDaniels denied that, saying he was contacted by, whoever, and considered the deal, but then in the end, turned it down.

Pat Bowlen has to kick his way through the empty scotch bottles and get in the middle of this. People have been saying this, but the urgency now is beyond solution. Either get the kid a new home, or force a settlement of some kind; sign him to a zillion dollar contract and be done with it. Good God, this is ridiculous.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #23
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Where did that come out? I haven't seen a credible report on this yet. Peter King mentioned it as a rumor, and that's as far as it's gone. Is there another source on this?
Are you this vigilant about finding proof that McD lied? There is no evidence of such, yet you spread the BS like it's fact. McD's King interview is 100% consistent with what he said initially (in effect): We listened to offers, but nothing came of them and Jay Cutler is our QB.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:46 AM   #24
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,600

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Are you this vigilant about finding proof that McD lied? There is no evidence of such, yet you spread the BS like it's fact. McD's King interview is 100% consistent with what he said initially (in effect): We listened to offers, but nothing came of them and Jay Cutler is our QB.


I think that there is an overwhelming amount of proof that McDaniels wasn't straight with Cutler. And this is why people who have been saying McDaniels didn't lie are angry and trying to re-invent the story to include things such as Jay asking for a trade, or that this is all an act that Jay planned all along.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:48 AM   #25
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think that there is an overwhelming amount of proof that McDaniels wasn't straight with Cutler. And this is why people who have been saying McDaniels didn't lie are angry and trying to re-invent the story to include things such as Jay asking for a trade, or that this is all an act that Jay planned all along.
Give the evidence. McD said at the beginning, we listened to offers. He never said none were considered. I mean, where the hell is your proof? You don't have it. So, yeah, sorry...our position is the one with the evidence behind it...Jay is being a baby because they entertained trade offers. That's the only thing suggested by the credible evidence, sorry.

The only thing to do in order to give your argument legs is to provide the incontrovertible evidence that McD lied, or the only logical conclusion is that it is the Cutler supporters who either being dishonest or are ignorant of the facts.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 03-18-2009 at 12:52 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Denver Broncos