The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Default did you ever think about the fact the broncos could be telling the truth????

Think about it from this perspective:

Bellicheat franchises cassel for the SOLE reason of to be an insurance policy that Brady isn't heathy by training camp/opening day.

All reports NOW say that Brady will be fine by that time.

In the meantime Bowlen shakes up the broncos and hires a 32 yr old head coach......who was only a QB coach.........most recently for mr. Cassel.

Bowlen also hires a GM with no experience........

Maybe the broncos were telling the truth. They didn't intitate the trade talks.

Everyone assumes they did, but i beleive they didn't as they have said all along.

Maybe Bellicheat was looking for a way to unload that 14 mil for cassel now that Brady was going to be OK.

He probably contacted TB, Detroit, ect..... but maybe theydidn't want to be stupid and pay 14 mil for a unproven QB.

Then a light bulb went off.........Denver has a NEW GM, a NEW young head coach with no experience that just got done being the QB coach for cassel.

And the phone calls started from there.
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I think they told the truth just at the wrong moment, and not all of it
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

They couldn't have been telling the truth when they admitted they lied.

"We came late to the dance"

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I talked with Mr Bowlen today. He told me the entire Cutler vs McDaniels ordeal was made up with the sole intent of giving SoCalBronco a stroke.

Pat won, It has worked and SoCal will never be the same again
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I talked with Mr Bowlen today. He told me the entire Cutler vs McDaniels ordeal was made up with the sole intent of giving SoCalBronco a stroke.

I haven't had a stroke...............yet.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 03-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #6
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post

Joe Theismann?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #7
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed orange and blue View Post
...and hires a 32 yr old head coach......who was only a QB coach.........most recently for mr. Cassel.
Just to clarify, McDaniels was the OC in NE unofficially starting in 2005, and officially starting in 2006. So Belichik made a ~27 year old Tom Brady's position coach in 2004, and let him start calling the plays in 2005. I think that probably says something about the young man's abilities. To put a young man in a postion of that stature he must have been very impressive. Some of you act like he's just a water boy. Meanwhile he's been on the coaching staff of the winningest team in the league for the last ~8 years. 4 Super Bowls, 3 Super Bowl wins.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

I think the issue is not that they Initiated trade talkes but that MickyD said he came to Denver to work with Cutler, then after they were approached with the 1st call about a trade for Cutler they hid it from Cutler, lied to him, then were busted when the media found out before Jay.

If MickyD would have come out and said Hey, we listened just to see what your value was rather than say NO ONE IS UNTRADEABLE then this would not be an issue that MickyD feels needs fixing.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #9
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:

Well, to be fair, that can be contextually interpreted several different ways. For example, "got involved in talks regarding offers for Jay Cutler involving Matt Cassel late in the game". In this translation, are they lying?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Just to clarify, McDaniels was the OC in NE unofficially starting in 2005, and officially starting in 2006. So Belichik made a ~27 year old Tom Brady's position coach in 2004, and let him start calling the plays in 2005. I think that probably says something about the young man's abilities. To put a young man in a postion of that stature he must have been very impressive. Some of you act like he's just a water boy. Meanwhile he's been on the coaching staff of the winningest team in the league for the last ~8 years. 4 Super Bowls, 3 Super Bowl wins.
He was not offically calling plays until the 2006 season, there is disputes as to who was calling plays in 2005.

I think that young man may be a very good OC but has not seen enough in his 3 seasons at OC to be a great HC. He will probably learn on our dime, get fired after a couple years then compile what he did wrong and appy it to his next gig and be a Stud.

The way he started out here just shows his inexperience.

Plus the fact that they have been rumored in 2 trades that did not go through does not bode well for his abilty to get what he wants done. I'm just saying...
Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think the issue is not that they Initiated trade talkes but that MickyD said he came to Denver to work with Cutler, then after they were approached with the 1st call about a trade for Cutler they hid it from Cutler, lied to him, then were busted when the media found out before Jay.

If MickyD would have come out and said Hey, we listened just to see what your value was rather than say NO ONE IS UNTRADEABLE then this would not be an issue that MickyD feels needs fixing.
I agree. But one can also understand why he would want to keep this from Jay, particularly after seeing how Jay reacted to this information.

It's like when a woman asks you "do I look fat in these pants?" Even if she does you have to lie, right? Just to be clear, Jay is the woman in this example.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Well, to be fair, that can be contextually interpreted several different ways. For example, "got involved in talks regarding offers for Jay Cutler involving Matt Cassel late in the game". In this translation, are they lying?
At some point they told Jay they were not talking about trading him, then the media broke the story that they were. they lied to his face.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
I agree. But one can also understand why he would want to keep this from Jay, particularly after seeing how Jay reacted to this information.

It's like when a woman asks you "do I look fat in these pants?" Even if she does you have to lie, right? Just to be clear, Jay is the woman in this example.
If you talked to a woman about having one sexual encounter then your wife found out, what do you think would happen?

Jay is wrong but he is not the only one at fault.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

If only Gene was our GM, we probably wouldn't have had even the slightest issue.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #15
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
People can spin anything if they try hard enough.

The more that comes to light, the more it looks like the HC wanted to replace Cutler with Cassel. I just finished listening to Bill Simmons podcast - and these guys are basically speaking it as established fact. It is growing.

Now if someone wants to make the case that the coach can trade whomever, whenever - go ahead. From where I sit, Sparky tried to get Cassel and wanted to move Cutler out. And then lied to Cutler about that fact.
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #16
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
There is major difference in being a position coach or coordinator and being the head coach. There been lot of great coordinators that couldn't hack it as head coaches. Bolwen hired him to be the HC and looks to me McDaniels still afraid to give up his old role as QB coach and OC.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #17
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Well, to be fair, that can be contextually interpreted several different ways.
No, it really can't.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 03-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #18
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
No, it really can't.
Some people see what they want to, SoCal. As more information comes out, it just gets harder and harder for these poster to continue the denials without resorting to word games.

I just wonder if Bowlen knew that Sparky wanted to replace Cutler when he hired him.
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #19
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:

that can also be taken as "the other teams were working out details with eachother, but we were the last ones to know that anything was even brewing
Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #20
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
that can also be taken as "the other teams were working out details with eachother, but we were the last ones to know that anything was even brewing
No.....that would have been "the dance came late to us" not "we came late to the dance".

Try again.

Keep bending over backwards to try and slither around the most obvious of things. We finally have a clear statement and you people won't accept it.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
But Cutler found out, was told nothing was going on only to find out from media that it was true then was told no one is untradeable.

I wanted to believe MickyD but the longer it goes on and the fact that no one offered an olive branch after lying to him coming out with Quotes like "I'll take care of it" I cannot let it go.

MickyD was wrong, he should have said we made a mistake, we will work it out internally, we play to win the game and it would have been a non issue.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #22
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
No.....that would have been "the dance came late to us" not "we came late to the dance".

Try again.

Keep bending over backwards to try and slither around the most obvious of things. We finally have a clear statement and you people won't accept it.
the coaches/Gm are hired to make the team better.........if they felt it would have made the team better.......then so be it.

Do you see other players in the league crying because the team entertained trades about them? give me a break
Old 03-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #23
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
the coaches/Gm are hired to make the team better.........if they felt it would have made the team better.......then so be it.

Do you see other players in the league crying because the team entertained trades about them? give me a break
2 Issues

1. Ability to Evaluate Talent- It is without dispute that Cutler is superior to Cassel. That you WANT Cassel suggests either you are a poor talent evaluator and/or you let familiarity take a bigger role than talent.

2. It's not whether he has the power to do things to make them better. Its that he misrepresented himself to Jay (and everyone). He's now estopped from demanding that others act in good faith. He didn't, so he can STFU and STFD. It's a simple matter of waiver and estoppel.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 03-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #24
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
There is major difference in being a position coach or coordinator and being the head coach. There been lot of great coordinators that couldn't hack it as head coaches. Bolwen hired him to be the HC and looks to me McDaniels still afraid to give up his old role as QB coach and OC.
Kinda like how Shanahan didn't give up running the offense when he first came to town?

What McDaniels was trying to do in this whole situation was make the right head coach move. He's laid it out plain as day for anyone who wants to know. They started getting calls for Cutler, so they followed up to see what Cassel would cost. By the time any real specifics were even being thrown around New England was ready to **** or get off the pot and made the deal with KC.

McDaniels didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. He looked at making a slight downgrade at QB (to one he was familiar with) in order to add picks to fix the other holes (primarily on defense) that his team has. Cutler apprently doesn't get that, and is making flimsy at best connections between McDaniels saying he greatly looked forward to coaching him, and then considering a trade he never expected to be viable, as somehow telling a massive cover up lie that they've been perpetuating on Jay from the very day McDaniels took over the team.

In short, either Jay has a massive persecution complex or he's just looking for a reason to force his way out. I'm guessing (and for his sake hoping) the later.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #25
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I know they are telling the truth.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote