The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
80smith
Perennial Pro-bowler

Love me some grilled food!

Default I know, I know, I know more Cutler stuff in Chicago.

Just heard an update on Chicago sports radio 670 that Orton is still the starting QB for the bears. Had to do with Cutler still the QB for Denver and Orton will stay the starting QB till other wise told by the bears.
80smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

OK.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

WTF 222 post count rule!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
80smith
Perennial Pro-bowler

Love me some grilled food!

Sorry for the bad reporting. Had 2 kids to get ready for dinner and listening to the radio at the same time... I'll listen to the pod cast when it comes available for more info cause they talked about the situation in more detail. This is all speculation on my part but lets not forget that Mike Shanahan is from the suburbs of Chicago and Indiana is closer to Chicago than Denver for Cutler. The bears might give up some picks and maby Hester also. Maby Lex or other Chicago Bronco fans can chime in......
80smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
Crushisback
Camp fodder

I just heard that free agent Joe Montana is not planning on playing this year.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80smith View Post
Sorry for the bad reporting. Had 2 kids to get ready for dinner and listening to the radio at the same time... I'll listen to the pod cast when it comes available for more info cause they talked about the situation in more detail. This is all speculation on my part but lets not forget that Mike Shanahan is from the suburbs of Chicago and Indiana is closer to Chicago than Denver for Cutler. The bears might give up some picks and maby Hester also. Maby Lex or other Chicago Bronco fans can chime in......
Um, what does Shanahan have to do with it?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I watched Chicago Tribune Live yesterday and caught one of the reporters complaining how Ted Phillips has said that he'd rather invest in their own players as being their excuse for doing nothing in FA this year (For those that dont know, the McCaskeys, who own the Bears, are well known here for not spending the money to be competitive).

Also, along those lines, it doesnt seem like it would make sense for people to talk of bringing in Shanahan while Angelos is here. Its hard to imagine Shanahan and Angelos not butting heads at somepoint, especially with the McCaskeys being stingy. Thats speculation on my part about Shanahan but I havent heard any innuendos of him coming here. Ive thought about that knowing he's from here but hadnt heard it verbalized by the local media yet.

Regarding the Bears trying to make a move for Cutler, they dont have the ammo that a lot of teams do. If McDaniels wants a no talent robot (compared to Cutler), then Orton might have some appeal. But Cleveland can trump anything Chicago can offer.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #8
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
The suggestion is that one day Shanahan may come back to coach here.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

In ten words or less, someone tell me what this thread is about.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Well there you go this definitively ends the speculation. The Deal is Done!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
Tankgunner95
Hell yea I want some PIE!

Oh its true

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Cartman

OK because I did not want to start a new tread because im tired of this
**** already. Here what I heard on the 104.5 the zone in Nashville. They are making some good points about Cutler coming back to play in Nashville. What the could not say is what Denver would get in return, thus bringing a third team into the picture and they suggested PHILLY. Some how bring MCNABB to Denver Cutler to Nashville, and Denver gets something else and maybe ship Vince young to PHILLY. I dont know I hate this **** but thats what I heard on the way home from work.
Tankgunner95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #12
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Nothing, but what does anything have to do with it? I mean, this news item seems to imply there was the possibility of Kyle Orton being benched for a player who's not on the team.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #13
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankgunner95 View Post
**** already. Here what I heard on the 104.5 the zone in Nashville. They are making some good points about Cutler coming back to play in Nashville. What the could not say is what Denver would get in return, thus bringing a third team into the picture and they suggested PHILLY. Some how bring MCNABB to Denver Cutler to Nashville, and Denver gets something else and maybe ship Vince young to PHILLY. I dont know I hate this **** but thats what I heard on the way home from work.
Has anyone ever seen Tankgunner and 80smith in the same room at the same time?

Just throwing it out there.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #14
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Nashville will not be where Jay heads its got to be a team with enough chips. Cleveland and Detroit seem to fit that bill
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #15
Tankgunner95

Oh its true

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Cartman

What are you saying?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #16
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
McNabb is getting older and has too many bouts with accuracy.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
What in gods name would we do with McNabb? People are retarded
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #18
Tankgunner95

Oh its true

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Cartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
McNabb is getting older and has too many bouts with accuracy.
I agree with you, I dont want McNabb just telling everyone what I heard on the the radio.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #19
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Just heard an update on Chicago sports radio 670 that Orton is still the starting QB for the bears. Had to do with Cutler still the QB for Denver and Orton will stay the starting QB till other wise told by the bears.
Bro - more background info

I heard Stink on the Chicago AM 1000 this afternoon. Seems the local Chicago area Media all want Cutler here BAD, ego, pouts and all.

Anyway Stink stuck it to Bowlen for firing Shanny but hiring McDaniels and giving him the same power he gave Shanny. He said Bowlen should have hired a GM who had the same vision Pat had and then hired a HC based on that rather than hire a younger more inexperienced Shanny.

He slammed Bowlen and mickyD and Cutler in the interview, but Cutler was last so that is what everyone remembered.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #20
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Bro - more background info

I heard Stink on the Chicago AM 1000 this afternoon. Seems the local Chicago area Media all want Cutler here BAD, ego, pouts and all.

Anyway Stink stuck it to Bowlen for firing Shanny but hiring McDaniels and giving him the same power he gave Shanny. He said Bowlen should have hired a GM who had the same vision Pat had and then hired a HC based on that rather than hire a younger more inexperienced Shanny.

He slammed Bowlen and mickyD and Cutler in the interview, but Cutler was last so that is what everyone remembered.
Wow, he was also on the Fan in Denver. He's getting around.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #21
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry for the bad reporting. Had 2 kids to get ready for dinner and listening to the radio at the same time... I'll listen to the pod cast when it comes available for more info cause they talked about the situation in more detail. This is all speculation on my part
What exactly did you speculate? I'm confused
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
What exactly did you speculate? I'm confused
That they were talking about benching Orton for Cutler, who isn't on the team yet.

I didn't hear this interview even though 80smith called me but I did listen to the Stink interview earlier in the day on the other sports station here in Chi-town. I was Cutlered out at the time he called.

The real big story out of Chicago could be the fact that Lovie moved up the date of the 1st Mini-camp, duh bears are running their 1st minicamp this week because Lovie wanted to see what he had to work with talent wise.

I am not sure when he moved the date up, could have been before Cutler news broke but it is interesting that Lovie could be getting a look at Orton now to decide if he should convice Angelo to make a move for Cutler before the draft.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
WTF 222 post count rule!
Everyone needs to learn, sometimes you learn like MickyD - THE HARD WAY.

Let the guy find his groove, he mentioned that he was in a hurry to post the info while trying to feed the youngin's at the same time.

It took me a long time to figure out how the InteRNets worked also.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #24
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That they were talking about benching Orton for Cutler, who isn't on the team yet.

I didn't hear this interview even though 80smith called me but I did listen to the Stink interview earlier in the day on the other sports station here in Chi-town. I was Cutlered out at the time he called.

The real big story out of Chicago could be the fact that Lovie moved up the date of the 1st Mini-camp, duh bears are running their 1st minicamp this week because Lovie wanted to see what he had to work with talent wise.

I am not sure when he moved the date up, could have been before Cutler news broke but it is interesting that Lovie could be getting a look at Orton now to decide if he should convice Angelo to make a move for Cutler before the draft.

I dont think the start of mini camp has anything to do with Cutler. When you realize that the Bears have three layers of stingyness in the McCaskeys, Ted Phillips, and Jerry Angelo, its doubtful that Lovie has much input on moves like this. Plus when you consider that Orton has almost as much playing time as Cutler, they should already know what they have. The explanation I heard for moving the date up yesterday on CTL was that Lovie wants more focus from the team this year.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #25
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Everyone needs to learn, sometimes you learn like MickyD - THE HARD WAY.

Let the guy find his groove, he mentioned that he was in a hurry to post the info while trying to feed the youngin's at the same time.

It took me a long time to figure out how the InteRNets worked also.
Dont even bother with Oskie. He's a leg-humping ass clown.