The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Why Denver should be tops on Cutler's list

I don't know, if I'm a young star QB in the making, I'm looking for a few things that I think will make me a successful QB, which would lead to larger contracts in the future and of course, winning.

The Broncos are loaded with offensive talent. A QB's best friend in a dominant LT. An excellent pass blocking OL, which is improving on their run game as well. Sure the Broncos had a ton of injuries at the RB spot but this team has been one of the best running teams over the past 10 years and with healthy backs, a great passing game and great OL, should return to glory next season. Josh may be young but he's proven his ability to make an offense click at a high level, even with important missing pieces such as future HOF QB Brady. He's handled players that have troubled pasts and large egos (Moss) and made them accept their role without much complaining. You have a city where the QB position is like being public personality #1. A great sports venue, a state of the art grass field, great fans, an owner who has won superbowls and is passionate about winning more (and trust me, some owners aren't so passionate about it).

So there is the list of things I think Jay would want to stay for. Is this a list of reasons why he would want to leave?

Being in John Elway's shadow
Being traded out of the AFC West he would not have to deal with Rivers issue
Denver's defense sucks so bad he can't take it anymore
Marhsall's off the field problems aggravate him too much
Bowlen keeps raiding all his booze from his locker
His parents would rather live on flat land then in the mountains
He misses going to Shanny's for party's
He doesn't like the colors blue and orange
Mike Leach was secretly his best friend
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

If people remember the games from 07 when Jay got hit a little he went from good to Ryan Leaf in no time flat. He gets very average when he has people in his face. Ben Rothlesberger he is not.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
If people remember the games from 07 when Jay got hit a little he went from good to Ryan Leaf in no time flat. He gets very average when he has people in his face. Ben Rothlesberger he is not.
One of Ben's biggest criticisms is that he holds on to the ball too long and his line certainly hasn't helped. But Cutler is eons better at getting rid of the ball, and I will say just as good at buying time in the pocket.

Both have made some silly throws in their day, too.
Man-Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

THIS JUST IN

Jay Cutler has been traded to the Denver Broncos!

The contact is for three years!

More in the coming days!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
THIS JUST IN

Jay Cutler has been traded to the Denver Broncos!

The contact is for three years!

More in the coming days!
Sweet. We need one.
Man-Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

I hate Mcd and Bowlen for f**ing this team up
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #7
cutler_to_marshall
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

People will say we didnt have the red zone efficiency or whatever and that this offense didnt score very many points. But watching this season on the offensive side of the ball, you really appreciated how lethally quickly cutler and co. could get the ball up the field in such a short time. If we had any resemblance to a dependable running game, it would be even more difficult to make the case to get rid of this guy.

Im going to miss his play if he goes.
cutler_to_marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
'cause 8-8 is so much fun?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutler_to_marshall View Post
People will say we didnt have the red zone efficiency or whatever and that this offense didnt score very many points. But watching this season on the offensive side of the ball, you really appreciated how lethally quickly cutler and co. could get the ball up the field in such a short time. If we had any resemblance to a dependable running game, it would be even more difficult to make the case to get rid of this guy.

Im going to miss his play if he goes.
And then you watched games where Cutler didn't want to work at running the offense and just expected that the big play would come and things would be easy and you lose to the pathetic Chiefs and the equally pathetic Raiders at home because you never got anything started on offense.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #10
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Cutler will sign a large extension with the Broncos before the start of the season bank on it.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #11
cutler_to_marshall
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
And then you watched games where Cutler didn't want to work at running the offense and just expected that the big play would come and things would be easy and you lose to the pathetic Chiefs and the equally pathetic Raiders at home because you never got anything started on offense.
I think the chiefs game at KC was a problem due to the untimely turnovers. Dont hold me to it because I was on the road during that one but i do remember Cutler still threw for about 380 yards ? But the interceptions and fumbles killed anything.

Theres no doubt this guy could move our offense up and down the field. It might have taken maybe 1 or 2 more years and we would have had a real elite player on our hands.
cutler_to_marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
Old No. 7
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Theft of E-Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
How right you are, and it's the reason I have to occasionally backhand some of my more astute fellow fans when they talk about wanting Cutler in KC.

Herm Edwards managed to thrash Jay Cutler and the Broncos. Herm Edwards.

Take your Golden Child, please!
Old No. 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #13
DBBBSBS
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Team Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Then why dont you buy the team and make it better ?
DBBBSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #14
DBBBSBS
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Team Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
Cutler will sign a large extension with the Broncos before the start of the season bank on it.
If they give that whiner a contract extension... that would be the last day i will watch broncos. I love broncos.. not a player. And after all this if a player wins over broncos.. that means it is trouble.

Belive me, i am for cutler.. if cutler ever can win a SB it is with denver. If he gets traded and that too to detroit. He will be average player who will play out what ever he signs with them and go into darkness...

But i want him to be a leader and play and win and get us into playoffs have a decent run before coming in for more money
DBBBSBS is offline   Reply With Quote