The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Default McJayGate. why the 2 sides cannot get together.

i just figured out why this situation is so frustrating to many of us.

the Cutler supporters on the Mane sound just like women. and this dispute is like an argument with a woman. no matter how much logic and reason the McD side brings to the table to explain what happened and why it happened, the Cutler side cannot accept it because they are acting 100% on emotion, which is why they keep claiming its about trust and being lied to... this is exactly like fighting with your girlfriend or wife! you simply cannot win. McD cannot win. there is no reasoning with people who argue based on emotions. not saying either side is right or wrong with this observation... just saying it explains why the 2 sides cannot get on the same page. if McD wants Cutler to stay, he's going to have to act like he's arguing with his wife and learn to just say "sorry" for the sake of keeping the peace. unless he doesn't like his wife. then he can tell her (Cutler) to take a hike.

if McD doesn't want to trade Cutler for picks. and we cannot get a reasonable trade before the draft, then he's going to have to do exactly as Cutler wants and apologize in order to make Cutler happy.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
yerner
Ring of Famer

Was that supposed to be clever?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Was that supposed to be clever?
maybe. but i think its accurate as well. there is a difference between men and women and it is the "emotion" wildcard. i think that's what McD doesn't see here. i think McD doesn't realize that Cutler's response has been completely emotional and you don't counteract that by making a dispassionate argument. the same way you don't get a 3 year old to stop crying by using logic with them.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
scttgrd
Just treading water

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post

the Cutler supporters on the Mane sound just like women. and this dispute is like an argument with a woman. no matter how much logic and reason the McD side brings to the table to explain what happened and why it happened, the Cutler side cannot accept it because they are acting 100% on emotion, which is why they keep claiming its about trust and being lied to... this is exactly like fighting with your girlfriend or wife! you simply cannot win. McD cannot win. there is no reasoning with people who argue based on emotions. not saying either side is right or wrong with this observation... just saying it explains why the 2 sides cannot get on the same page. if McD wants Cutler to stay, he's going to have to act like he's arguing with his wife and learn to just say "sorry" for the sake of keeping the peace. unless he doesn't like his wife. then he can tell her (Cutler) to take a hike.

if McD doesn't want to trade Cutler for picks. and we cannot get a reasonable trade before the draft, then he's going to have to do exactly as Cutler wants and apologize in order to make Cutler happy.

Now that's just funny. I want my QB, my QB I said. Whaaaa, why can't I have my buddy boy be the QB?

Adjust your skirt and get over it. You work with what you have, or you aren't much of a coach.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

here's my take on the dispute in a nutshell...

Jay: waah waahh waahhh wahh! you want to trade me.

McD: no we don't. somebody asked us about you and we listened. we never considered trading you.

Jay: waah waahh waahhh wahh! i don't believe you. you lied to me. i don't trust you.

McD: (wtf?!?!?!?!)

McD is lucky Jay didn't ask him if he looks fat in his uniform.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #6
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

the Cutler supporters on the Mane sound just like women. and this dispute is like an argument with a woman. no matter how much logic and reason the McD side brings to the table to explain what happened and why it happened, the Cutler side cannot accept it because they are acting 100% on emotion

Might be true, but still funny as hell.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

This should be interesting.....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Everyone has a damn opinion, that's fine. But the worst part of this whole situation is that everyone feels so inclined to share that opinion in the form of separate threads, sometimes more than one. Yeah great, Jay was ticked off and i see how you made the emotional connection between he and a woman. And i like how you lumped all of us Jay Cutler "supporters" in there too. Because all we do is argue based on how we feel about it. I've NEVER corrected anyone on here when it comes to FACTS or anything LOGICAL. Ever. You are right. I support Jay, therefore I am just running on pure piss and vinegar.

Here's some logic for you:

McDaniels has stated that he wants Jay as his QB.
Jay has stated that, up until very recently, he wanted the same.

Why would a new contract for a quarterback that you plan to keep around for quite some time really be that out of the ordinary? Wouldn't you want to lock him up?

Or do you really NOT want him around? Is that why you would consider a deal for a quarterback that you, potentially, would want around?

No, that must just be my estrogen kicking in.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp View Post
Is that laughing i hear? Or the sound of Coach McD's abdominal skin vibrating against your lips?
Dude, that is really funny. Honestly. What you did was make a gay reference and you inserted it in place of laughing at a joke. That was the funny part.

Honestly, that was a real hoot. Great job.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

TheChamp has long been on my ignore list. i don't pay it any attention.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

I been saying it for awhile.

We are a failed species.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Dude, that is really funny. Honestly. What you did was make a gay reference and you inserted it in place of laughing at a joke. That was the funny part.

Honestly, that was a real hoot. Great job.
What's funnier is that it's NOT a gay reference.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:

the Cutler supporters on the Mane sound just like women. and this dispute is like an argument with a woman. no matter how much logic and reason the McD side brings to the table to explain what happened and why it happened, the Cutler side cannot accept it because they are acting 100% on emotion, which is why they keep claiming its about trust and being lied to... this is exactly like fighting with your girlfriend or wife!
You might have something there ... plus, we say Jay "wants to be wanted."

Not bad. We're still correct, but that's an interesting comparison.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Someone got their gender education in the sixties.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
We are a failed species.
Are there any successful ones?
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #16
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
Someone got their gender education in the sixties.
No kidding. But not everyone can be of the androgynous type.. we need the beef heads to balance everything out.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #17
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Well facts are facts. The two sides can't get together right now because Jay doesn't want to. The Broncos announce yesterday the want Jay but Jay says trade me. This is not getting worked out because Jay is not working it out. Working it out would mean, stay in Denver and work it out. So Saturday may not have gone well. Go back the next day and continue working it out.

We see this all the time in player union meetings, league rule meetings, hell, even congress. They didn't like the bill the first time, so they make changes, vote again. It's called working it out.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #18
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I like your metaphore, but I don't really see Cutler as a PO'd woman who just got lied to by her boyfriend. I see Cutler more like a young kid who does not know how to handle adversity, and I see McD as a young and hungry exec. too eager to prove his power.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #19
bombquixote
Ring of Famer

11-5 in 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
I been saying it for awhile.

We are a failed species.
Yeah, but at least we can tivo civilization's collapse and fast forward through the commercials.
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote