The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Default Cutler wants out, but should we (Bears) want him?

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr...-him-here.html

I donít know whatís true and whatís not in this little soap opera. One question I have is whether Cutler realizes heís an employee and not the owner. Another question I have is whether Iíd really want this guy in Chicago.

The Broncosí new coach isnít saying he wouldnít still trade Cutler. Heís saying that the Broncos donít want draft picks.

McDaniels didnít say which teams offered those picks, so itís unclear if Bears general manager Jerry Angelo was allowed to use the McCaskey's money to make a long-distance call and itís equally unclear if the man who claims everyone in the Bears organization is ďfixatedíí on the quarterback thinks Cutler would be an upgrade over Kyle Orton, Caleb Hanie and Brett Basanez.

I made it clear that Cutler would be better, trying to help Angelo put the ďfixí in fixated when the possibility of Cutlerís leaving Denver first popped up a couple weeks ago. I wanted the Bears to make a pre-emptive strike.

I mean, Cutlerís young, strong, a Pro Bowler -- do we ever see that around here? And hey, if Angelo is going to be fixated on the quarterback position, that looked like a pretty good fixation.

But now, Iím not so sure. Now, in fact, it looks like Cutler doesnít need a trade as much as a supply of Pampers.

The fact that the stories are so different makes you wonder if Cutler lives in a parallel universe. Then again, maybe itís the same parallel universe where Bears coach Lovie Smith sees his team as ďclose.í

Whatever, getting traded is one of the vagaries of pro sports. Itís one reason athletes get paid a lot of money. That inconvenience goes for all players, including quarterbacks. Deal with it.

And this is how Cutler deals with it? Tell you what, if heís this big of a baby over a trade that didnít actually happen, then I have to believe if he would get destroyed here. Shredded. Roasted. Be made an honorary McCaskey.

Look at the strafing Cedric Benson got for whining about not starting after being here for, oh, 15 minutes.

Rex Grossman endured misery, but that was more because he couldnít be trusted, and frankly, he acted a lot more professional than the people who scammed him into believing the team was holding an honest quarterback derby last summer.

But this hissyfit by Cutler is about as diva as it gets. If this is a blip, then OK, fine. But if this is the guyís real persona, then forget it.

If the fans and media donít kill this guy here, then Olin Kreutz certainly would.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Ahaha...now we're seeing fans of teams like the Lions and the Bears taking a step back on Cutler because of the whining. No one wants a quarterback, no matter how good, that is going to complain and mope his way through seasons.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

All my friends here in Chicago want him on duh Bears. They are giving me the business about him but they all say they want him at the drop of the hat.

They have not had a franchise QB since Sammy Baugh.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
Ahaha...now we're seeing fans of teams like the Lions and the Bears taking a step back on Cutler because of the whining. No one wants a quarterback, no matter how good, that is going to complain and mope his way through seasons.
The one thing a few of us have been repeating since the beginning of this is... no matter who's side you fall on, Jay Cutler his poisoning his own waters with his behavior.

He'll get a big contract, but this will stick with him.... and it won't help.

All he had to do was go into the front office and say... "I want out, let's make this happen so we both get the most we can."

Or, maybe he did that... the front office said no, and Bus Cook has instructed him on how to create chaos.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

BTW the Trib also proposed a Cutler trade proposal a few days ago.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

so it’s unclear if Bears general manager Jerry Angelo was allowed to use the McCaskey's money to make a long-distance call

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
All my friends here in Chicago want him on duh Bears. They are giving me the business about him but they all say they want him at the drop of the hat.

They have not had a franchise QB since Sammy Baugh.
Yeah, no kidding. Cutler would be the best QB theyve had since Sid Luckman, who, believe it or not, still holds passing records in Chicago. Anyone who says they wouldnt want him is fooling himself. But its might be possible that Bears fans have no idea what a good QB is and so some may not realize what theyre missing and so you see these boo-hoo comments about Cutler being a diva.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
The one thing a few of us have been repeating since the beginning of this is... no matter who's side you fall on, Jay Cutler his poisoning his own waters with his behavior.

He'll get a big contract, but this will stick with him.... and it won't help.

All he had to do was go into the front office and say... "I want out, let's make this happen so we both get the most we can."

Or, maybe he did that... the front office said no, and Bus Cook has instructed him on how to create chaos.
Thats a bunch of crap. It all depends on how well he plays when he goes someone else and nothing else. If you dont believe me, see how negative the fans were toward Manny Ramirez in LA vs Boston. Manny went to LA and produced. Thats what it comes down to.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Thats a bunch of crap. It all depends on how well he plays when he goes someone else and nothing else. If you dont believe me, see how negative the fans were toward Manny Ramirez in LA vs Boston. Manny went to LA and produced. Thats what it comes down to.
How about Terrell Owens? How have his landings been?

I'm not saying Cutler is Owens, but don't ****ing cherry-pick your examples to fit your cause.

Bottom line is, there was concern out there about Cutler's demeanor before all of this, and now... just look around at the sentiment. He's a problem-case.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How about Terrell Owens? How have his landings been?

I'm not saying Cutler is Owens, but don't ****ing cherry-pick your examples to fit your cause.

Bottom line is, there was concern out there about Cutler's demeanor before all of this, and now... just look around at the sentiment. He's a problem-case.
Youre coming closer to calling Cutler TO than I am to cherry picking.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

BTW, just now on the Chicago Tribune Live, all 4 panelists were discussing Cutler and how the Bears should go after him.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
BTW, just now on the Chicago Tribune Live, all 4 panelists were discussing Cutler and how the Bears should go after him.
Good.

If Jay wants out of town, I at least want some hype built up to get something for his malcontent-ass.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Good.

If Jay wants out of town, I at least want some hype built up to get something for his malcontent-ass.
I hope it builds to a competitive frenzy between a few teams by draft day.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
Malcontent
Life....on tap.

Got Mustard?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Mustard

Cutler for their dome headed linebacker, plus Alex Brown, and their 1st rd draft pick and I would be ok with that..Pick Sanchez, Maualuga, in the draft and start over.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #15
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Cutler for their dome headed linebacker, plus Alex Brown, and their 1st rd draft pick and I would be ok with that..Pick Sanchez, Maualuga, in the draft and start over.
No way.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #16
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Why wouldn't they want him? their QB's are ****...with Cutler there and that good defense they may win it all.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #17
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Cutler needs to go someplace like the Jets, where he's got a chance to win something right away, or Minnesota. Any team looking to build around this guy is taking a big risk with his pouty nature over the long term, imo.

I think the Bears would be a good fit, but their defense isn't what it was at one point.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 PM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Urlicker is at the end of his career and he pulled a bigger hissy fit than Cutler did last year, AND HE GOT PAID!

I would like Brigs and a low pick or a pick next year. Duh bears are going to suck next year.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #19
Drek
Ring of Famer

For me the price on Cutler should start (for a team like the Bears, Bucs, Jets, 'Skins, etc. picking in the middle of the draft) at their '09 first, '09 3rd, and their '10 1st.

Anything less than that and I think the Broncos can manage to pay Cutler his 1.035M base this season and let him ride pine to see if he'll learn to man up.

Jared Allen got a 1st and two 3rds in the same draft class, as a franchise tender who got a big deal from day one. Cutler is younger, at a higher value position, and has three years of contract control still. He should bring back more than him, way I see it.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #20
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

It's crap. When Cutler gets his $$$$$$$ he will be a model employee. I'd take him in a second if I were the Bears, or any other team that needs a QB.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Yeah, no kidding. Cutler would be the best QB theyve had since Sid Luckman, who, believe it or not, still holds passing records in Chicago. Anyone who says they wouldnt want him is fooling himself. But its might be possible that Bears fans have no idea what a good QB is and so some may not realize what theyre missing and so you see these boo-hoo comments about Cutler being a diva.
I dunno. The Punky QB won a SB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
For me the price on Cutler should start (for a team like the Bears, Bucs, Jets, 'Skins, etc. picking in the middle of the draft) at their '09 first, '09 3rd, and their '10 1st.

Anything less than that and I think the Broncos can manage to pay Cutler his 1.035M base this season and let him ride pine to see if he'll learn to man up.

Jared Allen got a 1st and two 3rds in the same draft class, as a franchise tender who got a big deal from day one. Cutler is younger, at a higher value position, and has three years of contract control still. He should bring back more than him, way I see it.
Absolutely. I think the swirl of the bidding war will be fun to watch if and when the Broncos finally decide to pull the trigger. I'd give quite a bit just to hear the offers as they escalate over the next month. I bet there are some supposedly solid QB starters in some towns that would throw a hissy fit of their own if they new the deals that might be presented by their teams.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #23
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

The Bears fans will eat his whiney, mopey, juvenile ass to shreds. I would love watching that unfold if he were to get traded there.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #24
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
Yeah and Manny playing his way out of Boston and the antics that he and his agent put on was the entire reason that 6 year 175 million deal that they were looking for turned into the Dodgers, and only the Dodgers, offering him no more than 2 years.

He produced, but no other team other than the Dodgers placed a bid on him even, and it took Boras 4 contract rejections and into spring training in order to realize that they are going to have to take a contract of about 130 million dollars less in total in order for Manny to be playing this year.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #25
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Honestly trading Jay to Chicago would be doing him a favor, and if this ends more horrifically than it has been, why send him to a team he wants to play for?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote