The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,413

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Alfred Williams: Bring Back Shanahan

Paraphrasing as close as possible:


"I'll tell you what man, this is so bad... I can't believe this is happening in Denver... Mr. Bowlen is on the hook to pay Shanahan. I'd give him his job back. I'd say look man, I made a mistake, I do want to go to a 3-4 defense, but I want you to run this team.

"I have no faith in Josh McDaniels. The reason I don't like him is because I've seen this before. You know what the bad manager always does. He knows how things are supposed to be done, but he can't communicate with the guys who need to do the job.

"It's not my money that's being spent to pay him or Xanders... And I don't know who is responsible for the acquisitions. But I have an issue with a guy alienating the quarterback like this, when he has so much trade value - maybe you don't respect him, but the rest of the NFL -

"If you want Jay Cutler - pay him - guarantee him his money and move on..."

Last edited by Taco John; 03-16-2009 at 01:22 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

the same guy who admitted to taking games off and not caring about being in Cincy so he could get traded. Yeah way to put any credence into his take on this.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man
 
BroncoMatt's Avatar
 
Check My Style Out

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,503
Default

well I guess that settles it then
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,442
Default

Jesus...ezekiel...Jesus...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

"I'll tell you what man, this is so bad... I can't believe this is happening in Denver... Mr. Bowlen is on the hook to pay Shanahan. I'd give him his job back. I'd say look man, I made a mistake, I do want to go to a 3-4 defense, but I want you to run this team.
"


Please, Al. The 90s were great, but they're over, buddy.


"
"I have no faith in Josh McDaniels. The reason I don't like him is because I've seen this before. You know what the bad manager always does. He knows how things are supposed to be done, but he can't communicate with the guys who need to do the job.


Really? The rest of the team seems fine with him. In fact, the defacto team leader on defense made comments that sounded like veiled slams at Cutler, in my opinion. He certainly said no bad words about the coach, nor did anyone else.

Excitement has been the key word all players interviewed have used.



"
"If you want Jay Cutler - pay him - guarantee him his money and move on..."


That's just it, Al. They DO want him, but they're not going to be held at gunpoint by a guy who hasn't won anything, has attitude issues and even potential health complications.

Cutler has no leverage other than to drive himself out of town, which is what he's doing. Nothing more, nothing less.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Paraphrasing as close as possible:


"I'll tell you what man, this is so bad... I can't believe this is happening in Denver... Mr. Bowlen is on the hook to pay Shanahan. I'd give him his job back. I'd say look man, I made a mistake, I do want to go to a 3-4 defense, but I want you to run this team.

"I have no faith in Josh McDaniels. The reason I don't like him is because I've seen this before. You know what the bad manager always does. He knows how things are supposed to be done, but he can't communicate with the guys who need to do the job.

"It's not my money that's being spent to pay him or Xanders... And I don't know who is responsible for the acquisitions. But I have an issue with a guy alienating the quarterback like this, when he has so much trade value - maybe you don't respect him, but the rest of the NFL -

"If you want Jay Cutler - pay him - guarantee him his money and move on..."
Why is it that cutler needs more money for McDaniels to be a trusted? If you hate him and think he sucks then say so, don't say I hate u but for 15 Million more we can be great friends.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Two weeks from everywhere
Posts: 1,176

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan
Default

Another player apologist...he and Jamie Dukes are two peas in a pod.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Alfred frequently finds himself on the wrong side of every issue. He thinks Plummer should never have been fired. He thought Simeon Rice was "the answer". He thought there was nothing wrong with our defense last year and Cutler was the reason we didn't win down the stretch.

Yeah, thanks for sharing Alfred Williams.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
the same guy who admitted to taking games off and not caring about being in Cincy so he could get traded. Yeah way to put any credence into his take on this.


I'm not caring about being in Cincy either , so i know how he felt and can understand ...
Try it for a few weeks and you as well would wish someone would trade you or shoot you ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer
 
supermanhr9's Avatar
 
"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Back in DENVER BABY!!
Posts: 1,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default

Boo hoo Alfred,, man I miss that radio show,,, too bad I can't get it in St. Louis. Those two guys cracked me up
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer
 
Cool Breeze's Avatar
 
Broncos Rock!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: south of town
Posts: 1,222
Default

Bring back Irv and Joe!
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Alfred has never ever sided with the coaches. He never will, doesn't make him wrong. Just putting any stock into this situation is only worth it if you want it to help your argument.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #13
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer
 
DeusExManning's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,336
Default

Alfred has made good points today. These decisions will effect our franchise for a decade. He spoke about his experience in Cincinnati with Wyche. How after he was fired they lost everything including Esiason.
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #14
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
Another player apologist...he and Jamie Dukes are two peas in a pod.
Exactly. Dukes bent over backwards for Pacman Jones and Michael Vick. Cry me a river.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
Bring back Irv and Joe!
Dude I want to punch you in the face.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExShanahan View Post
Alfred has made good points today. These decisions will effect our franchise for a decade. He spoke about his experience in Cincinnati with Wyche. How after he was fired they lost everything including Esiason.
hyperbole.....this is the 3rd time in a decade this franchise has ****ed with the QB position

the Franchise will not be set back anymore then it already has been since #7 retired.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Dude I want to punch you in the face.
I'll be standing right behind him w/ bat for his knees
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #18
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer
 
Cool Breeze's Avatar
 
Broncos Rock!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: south of town
Posts: 1,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Dude I want to punch you in the face.
I thought it kind of went with
Alfred Williams: Bring Back Shanahan
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #19
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

I know thats why I smiled.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #20
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Anyone's better than Irv and Joe. You can't fault Al for caring, but a few months ago he was saying the Broncos should draft a QB in the 1st round to make Cutler compete.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #21
summerdenver
Ring of Famer
 
summerdenver's Avatar
 
Rebuilding both offense and defense

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,813

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

It would be silly and impractical for Broncos to do anything other than support JMac now. If they choose Jay over the coach, the new coach will have no juice in the locker room even if its Mike. They should not have let this come this far but they can't give in now.

I would look for a straight up trade for (Jay + Scheff) for Cassel or Donovan or Hasselback or something like that - at the same time get a younger guy (if its not cassel) and groom him.
summerdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,693

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

I can't wait for camp to start.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #23
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Anyone's better than Irv and Joe. You can't fault Al for caring, but a few months ago he was saying the Broncos should draft a QB in the 1st round to make Cutler compete.
Thats right he was saying that. That you need to push him. Thats just retarded.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #24
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

And Taco, Shanahan is gone and he's not coming back. Get over it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #25
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

So when some ex-players like Theisman side with McD, a thread is created talking about 'sage wisdom' and OM posters point to it as the 'truth and the light'.....when another ex-player sides with Cutler, some of the same people are claiming that the source is crap.

Is there a manual that I can read to let me know which are the correct ex-players comments to believe and which ones I should ignore?

Or should I just guess based upon which perspective they comment on?

Why can't some of you see that there is MORE than enough blame to spread around. Why discriminate?
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Denver Broncos