The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Montrose's Mock Draft v2 with Cutler trade

Ah what the hell, here it is for the fun of it:

Broncos trade Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler and a 2010 draft pick to Lions for #1 and #20 picks.

1) Broncos: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest – Broncos use the #1 pick to select the new centerpiece of their defense.
2) Rams: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia – Orlando Pace is done and Monroe would be a natural fit to slide in at LT.
3) Chiefs: Brian Orakpo, OLB, Texas – Orakpo is shooting up boards and I think a pass-rusher is too much for Scott Pioli to pass up.
4) Seahawks: Jason Brown, OT, Baylor – Could go QB or DT, but I expect they solidify the LT position.
5) Browns: Everette Brown, OLB, Florida State – I anticipate this will be a heavy “run on” 3-4 OLB’s year in the 1st round.
6) Bengals: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama – The Bengals need an OT badly and would easily overlook his character issues.
7) Raiders: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri – I can’t see Al Davis passing on this speed to pair with JaMarcus Russell’s arm.
8) Jaguars: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech – Matt Jones was released and Reggie Williams might be gone too.
9) Packers: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State – Jenkins fits the mold of physical, man-cover CB’s the Packers love.
10) 49ers: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia – Even with Alex Smith redoing his deal, I doubt San Francisco can pass on Stafford.
11) Bills: Aaron Maybin, OLB, Penn State – The Bills could use a dynamic pass rusher and the undersized Maybin fits their scheme.
12) Broncos: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College – Not a natural NT, but with Mike Nolan’s hybrid scheme, could make an impact up front.
13) Redskins: Brian Cushing, OLB, Southern California – Losing Jason Taylor and Marcus Washington creates a need in the front seven.
14) Saints: Evander Hood, DT, Missouri: After spending FA money at the CB position, Hood joins Sedrick Ellis in the middle.
15) Texans: Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi – Jerry could join Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams and Antonio Smith on a formidable DL.
16) Chargers: Rey Maualuga, ILB, Southern California – Gives them an inside thumper and new face of the defense.
17) Jets: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee – Rex Ryan will want plenty of talent for his new front seven and Ayers is a riser.
18) Bears: Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern California – It would be hard for the Bears to pass up a possible solution to their QB woes.
19) Buccaneers: Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State – Raheem Morris is familiar with the draft’s fastest rising player.
20) Broncos: Tyson Jackson, DE, Louisiana State – The New England philosophy is to build from the inside-out and Jackson is a natural 5-technique.
21) Eagles: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State – With LJ Smith leaving town, Pettigrew would be a nice fit to help immediately.
22) Vikings: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida – The Vikings have a need at WR and tried signing T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
23) Patriots: Larry English, OLB, Northern Illinois – With Mike Vrabel gone, the Patriots have an immediate need for a pass rusher.
24) Falcons: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois –The Falcons need a CB to replace the departed Domonique Foxworth.
25) Dolphins: Clay Matthews, OLB, Southern California – Matthews seems like a Bill Parcells-type of player at a position of need for Miami.
26) Ravens: Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland – The local product could give Joe Flacco a speedy threat to stretch defenses.
27) Colts: Fili Moala, DT, Southern California – Jim Caldwell could use some size in the middle of this front four.
28) Eagles: Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State – The Eagles are thrilled to get a talented and powerful complement to Brian Westbrook.
29) Giants: Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina – With Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer’s futures in question, a receiver is needed.
30) Titans: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest – The defensive-minded Titans could grab a talented young DB to develop.
31) Cardinals: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech – Johnson is a very physically talented player to help replace Antonio Smith.
32) Steelers: Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi – The Steelers could use help up front on offense and defense but choose to pick the best player available.

Broncos Depth Chart:
QB: Chris Simms, Rookie, Rookie
RB: Correll Buckhalter, JJ Arrington, LaMont Jordan, Ryan Torain
FB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Brandon Marshall, Jabar Gaffney, Chad Jackson
WR: Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley, Rookie
TE: Daniel Graham, Jeb Putzier
LT: Ryan Clady, Tyler Polumbus
LG: Ben Hamilton, Lonnie Paxton
C: Casey Wiegmann, Kory Lichtensteiger
RG: Chris Kuper, Scott Young
RT: Ryan Harris

DE: Tyson Jackson, Carlton Powell
NT: BJ Raji, Ronald Fields, Rookie
DE/UT: Marcus Thomas, Kenny Peterson
Joker: Jarvis Moss, Elvis Dumervil, Rookie
ILB/WLB: DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard
MLB: Andra Davis, Spencer Larsen, Rookie
OLB: Aaron Curry, Boss Bailey
CB: Champ Bailey, Jack Williams, Rookie
CB: Andre’ Goodman, Josh Bell
FS: Renaldo Hill, Rookie
SS: Brian Dawkins, Josh Barrett

K: Matt Prater
P: Brett Kern

Last edited by montrose; 03-16-2009 at 08:39 AM..
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Let me say I would be the first to say,"I would shiat myself"

Draft of the ages. Goodbye Jay
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

that draft gave me wood
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am going to need a very large piece of wood to beat myself to death if we are going to get through a season with spleenless Simms and rookies, we already have enough rookies ****ing up the team in Xanders and Mcdaniels.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I am going to need a very large piece of wood to beat myself to death if we are going to get through a season with spleenless Simms and rookies, we already have enough rookies ****ing up the team in Xanders and Mcdaniels.
The funny thing is, on paper, the defense might be better than the offense. Who the hell would've seen that coming in December?
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Okay, here's mine. The Broncos trade Cutler and Sheffler to the Lions for their 20, their 33 and next year's first. Broncos draft:

12. Brian Cushing, ILB
20. Tyson Jackson, DE
33. Donald Brown, RB
48. Rashad Johnson, S

Then, they use the Detroit first rounder and their own to trade up for Mount Cody next year.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Okay, here's mine. The Broncos trade Cutler and Sheffler to the Lions for their 20, their 33 and next year's first. Broncos draft:

12. Brian Cushing, ILB
20. Tyson Jackson, DE
33. Donald Brown, RB
48. Rashad Johnson, S

Then, they use the Detroit first rounder and their own to trade up for Mount Cody next year.
I like the idea, but we are going to need more running backs since we won't be able to pass the ball. I Guess we could trade Royal, we don't need recievers.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I just came eight times.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
DrFate
Lord of Order

And the Broncos struggle to win the 8 games they did last year...
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:

12. Brian Cushing, ILB
20. Tyson Jackson, DE
33. Donald Brown, RB
48. Rashad Johnson, S

It's Detroit. Who says we have to trade up?
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I just came eight times.
Which is why none of you would ever be in charge of an NFL franchise.

Simms with 2 rookies behind him? That screams 3-13, but then you'd probably cum 8 more times since Denver would have a pick in the Top 5 and you'd be giddy over the possible draft and trade possibilities.

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 03-16-2009 at 06:49 PM..
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #12
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
And the Broncos struggle to win the 8 games they did last year...
This team isn't winning 8 games even with Cutler under center next year.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #13
DB_champ24
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I wish this was possible and somehow have Jay as our QB.
DB_champ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
This team isn't winning 8 games even with Cutler under center next year.
Why not? we won 8 with the second worst defense and the worst rush offense. Things can't get that much worse.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
I don't know Herc - look at the crew running the Denver Broncos

DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Love it.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 03-16-2009 at 08:55 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #17
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea what it would cost us to pay the #1, 12 & 20 picks? Would it even be possible to pull that off?
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #18
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange crusher View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea what it would cost us to pay the #1, 12 & 20 picks? Would it even be possible to pull that off?
Lets assume we don't draft a QB.

We are looking at about 5 years, 60 million with 32 guaranteed for number 1. 5 years and about 19 million with about 12 guaranteed for number 12 and about 14 million over 4 years for number 20.

It could be done, a large amount of the money in the number 1 contract is going to be backloaded and will never be paid out. I assume it would cost us something like 10-12 million in cap room this year.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Simms with 2 rookies behind him? That screams 3-13, but then you'd probably cum 8 more times since Denver would have a pick in the Top 5 and you'd be giddy over the possible draft and trade possibilities.
You bet I would, and I just hope you'd be around so I could wipe the jizz on your ugly face for being a big doucher on the internet.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #20
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Nice list Montrose but San Diego is not going to pick up Rey. We already have enough thumpers ILB. What we needed was a coverage ILB, which is not something that Rey provides, especially with the pickup of Kevin Burnett. More than likely if we don't trade down, then we'll probably pick up William Beatty to help in the run game.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #21
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Yeh, Rey is a one trick pony.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #22
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Why not? we won 8 with the second worst defense and the worst rush offense. Things can't get that much worse.
Bronoces have a tougher schedule in '09 than the 8-win '08 season.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

12. Brian Cushing, ILB
20. Tyson Jackson, DE
33. Donald Brown, RB
48. Rashad Johnson, S

Denver doesnt have the dough for the first over all pick this year. so i like that you have us trading for their future number one.

We have Spencer Larsen and Andra Davis playing SILB i assume. So i think Cushing would be a waste here. Simply because we have the spot handeled for next year. So i would rather have a Perra Jerry, Evander Hood, Here

I like Jackson but because i would sign one of the others Hood, Jerry. At twenty i pick Larry English. He can drop into zone coverage and he can keep up with Average TE's. He can rush the passer. and i really think he could anchor. Having said that i would put English on the SOLB.

At 33 I would like to have Brown. but i think the writeing COULDbe on the wall that we will not take a RB with a early pick with the Buckhalter, Arrington, Jordan signings. At 33 i draft Jarron Gilbert or Ron Brace if available. If both are available i pick Brace Simply because i think NT depth is needed.

I think safety is gonna be a need as well. We signed a couple of DB's that are in their 30's So i pick the best FS on the board. Johnson, Dlemes(sp?) Chung.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: