The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default McDaniels: "We're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay."

So, I'm not sure what we should expect to get for Jay now if McDaniels isn't interested in pick compensation for Jay Cutler. Well, I'm still sure we'll get picks in the deal -- but that kind of sounds ****ed up.

Quote:
"That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," McDaniels said. "Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [Saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve. I think most people [in the NFL] feel the same way. You make smart, educated decisions that are best for your football team."
So. . .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

What about working a 3 team deal and getting Leinert if we have to get rid of Jay?
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
What about working a 3 team deal and getting Leinert if we have to get rid of Jay?
are you for real
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

this **** is crazy. cutler wants to here that he is untradeable and mcdaniels wont say it, becuase he isnt. thats what this is all about it.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #5
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I assume he's just trying to communicate that he wants to keep Cutler, and was never interested in any other trade apart from the Cassell one.

This stance will likely change if and when it becomes apparent that Cutler wants out and the relationship can't be repaired.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
this **** is crazy. cutler wants to here that he is untradeable and mcdaniels wont say it, becuase he isnt. thats what this is all about it.
Indeed. Jay has his mind made up. Unless he gets everything he wants, just how he wants it, he's going to take his ball and go home. I'm just baffled how anyone could be on his side in this. I understand the initial negative reaction to all of this, I don't understand the continued posturing and behavior. It can only work out if you want it to, Jay. And as long as you keep listening to your idiot agent it won't.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #7
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
I assume he's just trying to communicate that he wants to keep Cutler, and was never interested in any other trade apart from the Cassell one.

This stance will likely change if and when it becomes apparent that Cutler wants out and the relationship can't be repaired.
That's kind of how I took it. It was almost his way of stopping short of saying "Look, I probably would have traded him in a deal for Cassel if it was the right deal. But that never happened and I want to keep the guy we have"
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #8
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
NO. This is about his agent Bus Cook bending MCD over and orchestrating this whole mess to get Jay a ton more money.

And anyone who would suggest Leinart should be taken out back and ran over multiple times with a semi.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #9
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
Did Mel Kiper hack your account?
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #10
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Man... Jay is acting like a scorned beauty queen! I haven't seen a hissy fit of these dimensions since... midldle school, maybe.

And Jay says he doesn't "like the way Rivers carries himself".

I don't think the relationships between Jay and the team can be repaired, mostly because Jay seems determined to carry out his "scorch the earth" strategy. And the team can't afford the huge distractions that Cutler appears hell-bent on creating.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #11
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
NO. This is about his agent Bus Cook bending MCD over and orchestrating this whole mess to get Jay a ton more money.
Your theory would make more sense if Jay was with a bad team and wanted to move on so that he could be with a GOOD one. But IMO, he'd stand to make as much money HERE as anywhere, if not more, and he appeared to be happy here before this $#!t came down.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #12
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
Man... Jay is acting like a scorned beauty queen! I haven't seen a hissy fit of these dimensions since... midldle school, maybe.

And Jay says he doesn't "like the way Rivers carries himself".

I don't think the relationships between Jay and the team can be repaired, mostly because Jay seems determined to carry out his "scorch the earth" strategy. And the team can't afford the huge distractions that Cutler appears hell-bent on creating.
What if DEN offered Jay a 100 million dollar contract with 35 million in gaurantees for 7 years and a no trade clause? You think that might solve this little hissy fit? Yeah, i think so.
And i am not saying to do this.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #13
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
Your theory would make more sense if Jay was with a bad team and wanted to move on so that he could be with a GOOD one. But IMO, he'd stand to make as much money HERE as anywhere, if not more, and he appeared to be happy here before this $#!t came down.
Hey do you know how much money jay is making right now?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
What if DEN offered Jay a 100 million dollar contract with 35 million in gaurantees for 7 years and a no trade clause? You think that might solve this little hissy fit? Yeah, i think so.
35 might be a little low over 7 years for his spot. Regardless, the guaranteed money is effectively a no trade clause.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #15
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
You used the exact figures I used last night! I'm also not saying to do this, but I get the feeling that if Mr. McDaniels hopped a flight to Nashville tonight and presented this offer to Jay this whole mess would go away.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #16
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
So, I'm not sure what we should expect to get for Jay now if McDaniels isn't interested in pick compensation for Jay Cutler. Well, I'm still sure we'll get picks in the deal -- but that kind of sounds ****ed up.

So. . .
Awesome, our franchise QB says he just needs to hear his team and FO/HC say they really want him to be there and our HC replies with a bunch of double talk.

What joke this guy is.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #17
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
probably cause we have no idea how Mcdaniels will do he could be fired after 3 yrs who knows
Old 03-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #18
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
35 might be a little low over 7 years for his spot. Regardless, the guaranteed money is effectively a no trade clause.
THere still would be a no trade clause, simply because its leverage for the money. yeah, your right. Cook would still get it in writing though.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #19
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Awesome, our franchise QB says he just needs to hear his team and FO/HC say they really want him to be there and our HC replies with a bunch of double talk.

What joke this guy is.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who see's it this way
Old 03-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #20
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
You used the exact figures I used last night! I'm also not saying to do this, but I get the feeling that if Mr. McDaniels hopped a flight to Nashville tonight and presented this offer to Jay this whole mess would go away.
Your figures are perfect for the scenario!
I also am not saying do this, but for the sake of discussion, the figures make the point of what happening here.
They are good figures for a viable scenario, and if Cutler was traded, i just bet we would see the new team give him a deal much like your idea!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #21
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Indeed. Jay has his mind made up. Unless he gets everything he wants, just how he wants it, he's going to take his ball and go home. I'm just baffled how anyone could be on his side in this. I understand the initial negative reaction to all of this, I don't understand the continued posturing and behavior. It can only work out if you want it to, Jay. And as long as you keep listening to your idiot agent it won't.
Jay gets to act like this because McKid royally f'd the whole situation up. Jay, and more importantly his agent, know or believe his value to the market is far higher than his value to the club right now and that's because of McD and the FO. Every coach lies, McD is really bad at it and then makes it worse with his unfounded sense of accomplishment and ego. Everytime the dumb ass opens his mouth the situation deteriorates. So Cutler can't trust the coach, the GM, or the owner to cover his back or consider his talents sufficiently in the best interest of the team to take a bite of the big ****burger THEY made so his attitude is f'em and right now I agree with Cutler's attitude towards these idiots. And all of this started because McKid couldn't leave Papa Belichick's house without his security binky; Matt Cassell.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post

What joke this guy is.
What are you not understanding here? You really think that's what this is about? THEY WANT A BIG, SHINY NEW CONTRACT! The only joke here is Jay Cutler and Bus Cook. Wake up already.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #23
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What are you not understanding here? You really think that's what this is about? THEY WANT A BIG, SHINY NEW CONTRACT! The only joke here is Jay Cutler and Bus Cook. Wake up already.
Yeah, you know after realizing that Cutlers agent is Cook and the orchestrated drama that went on with Favre last season when he was flown from Miss to GB and then flown to NY and the whole big stand off between him and Ted Thompson i realized that this is all been masterfully orchestrated by Cook. And admittedly MCD as a young guy fell right into his trap. And now, he more than likely will have to pay the kid.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #24
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
And if that's your belief then it still falls on McKid and Col. Xanders for tripping all over their ***** and handing the leverage to Jay and his agent.

Broncos FO, dumber than ever.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #25
broncoblue
english not british!!

even jerry springer wouldnt believe all this crap
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote