The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Peter King's MMQ: New quotes from McDaniels at 1am EDT Monday

I'm going to lead with the Cutler story, following two chats I had with Denver coach Josh McDaniels late Sunday night. I got the sense he can't believe it's come to this duel at the OK Corral.

"I would probably be really good for Jay, and I know he would be really good for me,'' McDaniels told me over the phone from Denver. "I think that's the part that's shocking to me.''

That it probably will never happen, he means.

It makes no sense. None. When the Broncos report for the start of their offseason program this morning at their plush complex south of town, Cutler will be a no-show. I reported recently that Cutler wanted to be traded after the Broncos lost both Mike Shanahan (fired) and offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates (went to USC as offensive coordinator), and that message was delivered to the Denver front office. Now I expect Cutler, through agent Bus Cook, to reiterate his demand ... and what's more, I expect the Broncos to seriously consider it. Owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday night, "we might lose'' Cutler, though he was not specific about how, or why, or when, and Cutler told Chris Mortensen of ESPN he has asked Cook to formally request a trade.

Denver has to tread carefully here. McDaniels told me he is frustrated by Cutler's interpretation of a conference call and then an in-person meeting this weekend, and he still wants to talk with Cutler again face-to-face to see if they can iron out their differences. If McDaniels walks into his first meeting with his players this morning, and they think he's trying to kick Cutler to the curb, they're going to ask, "Why did Bowlen hire this idiot?''

But in the end, Denver will have to strongly consider trading Cutler. If you're a rookie coach, as McDaniels is, and you've got to set the right tone for the team, how can you have a quarterback who doesn't want to be there as your franchise leader? Parting with Cutler would be forcing the Broncos to start over at the game's most important position when they thought they had the position filled for the next decade. But Cutler, who is one of the best quarterback prospects to enter the NFL in years, can be moody, and if he never buys what McDaniels is selling, it could drag the team down.

How we got to this point, in chronological order:

McDaniels said he was not considering trading Cutler until he was contacted "by two teams'' at the Scouting Combine -- presumably Detroit and Tampa. They were pie-in-the-sky inquiries, though, and he didn't consider anything seriously, he said, until the day before the Feb. 27 beginning of free-agency, when he got a serious proposal for Cutler.

"This was a non-issue until Thursday [Feb. 26],'' McDaniels said. "There was obviously a scenario where teams figured we'd be interested in Matt Cassel, because I'd coached him in New England. When someone calls, I'm going to consider it, because that's my job.''

Cutler believes the Broncos were much more interested in trading him and signing Cassel than they've said. I asked McDaniels if he'd been interested in Cassel before the contact by the two teams at the combine, going back to when he knew Cassel might be on the market and available in trade from the Patriots. "No, that's totally untrue,'' he said.

McDaniels did pursue a deal with New England on the first day of free agency, but not intensely, he said, because he and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders were in the middle of doing six free-agent negotiations in the opening two days of free-agency. "I think we were too late to the dance,'' he said, meaning the Chiefs had already made the deal with New England -- a second-round pick for Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel. Denver would have given more, likely a first-round pick, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick had his deal done with the Chiefs.

"Do I understand about Jay being hurt that we'd consider this?'' McDaniels said. "Sure. But I can tell you that it wasn't like there was any grand plan by us to trade Jay Cutler. That wasn't the case. But when we've told them [Cutler and Cook], I think it's fallen on deaf ears.''

I texted Cutler and got no response. In his comments to Mortensen earlier, he said his time in Denver "had run its course,'' the rift between him and McDaniels is "not something they want to fix,'' that McDaniels -- in their meeting Saturday -- "made it clear he could still entertain trading me,'' and said the coach "made it clear he wants his own guy.''

I texted McDaniels, and shortly before 1 a.m. Eastern on Monday, he called to react to Cutler's words.

"Oh boy,'' he said, and sighed. "No, no, no. Nothing like that was conveyed.'' And he sighed again.

"I think the hangup is, 'Well, you considered doing it once, would you ever consider it again?' It keeps coming out like I want my own guy. Thinking we want to trade him now is totally opposite what we've been trying to do here ... We've been trying like hell for two weeks to get a face-to-face meeting.''

What frustrates McDaniels is that the two sides met -- he thinks without acrimony -- and then word gets out that there was tension or vindictiveness in the meeting. "It's hard to believe we're sharing the same intentions and can have such different interpretations of the meeting,'' he said. "When we met [Saturday], my point was, 'We all know where this was, and now we all have to try to move forward.' After we met for a while, and went over a lot of the same ground we'd been over, Jay said to me, 'Can I have a few more hours to think?' I said, 'Yeah, give me a call on my cell phone.' He never called. Bus [Cook] called Brian [Xanders], but Jay didn't call me.''

I asked McDaniels if he feels he'll be forced to trade Cutler.

"No,'' he said. "He's got three years left on his contract. We're not at the point where we're going to do it now ... [But] it's probably something we're going to have to talk about. We've been trying to communicate, and I still want to try, but if that's the direction we're headed, we're going to have to talk.''

There's such a gulf in the two versions of events. But it looks like, taking the long view, Cutler will be playing elsewhere unless he and McDaniels sit in a room together for two hours and come out married. That's not likely to happen. Maybe Cutler can't take the dissing he feels from McDaniels, or maybe he's fabricating the dissing to justify in his own mind going somewhere else. I don't know. But I do know this: If I had the choice of Denver, Tampa Bay, Detroit and the Jets, and the Denver coach has worked successfully with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel, I'd be thinking very hard about not burning a bridge that can't be reconstructed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ion/index.html

Last edited by montrose; 03-16-2009 at 04:58 AM..
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post

He's got three years left on his contract. We're not at the point where we're going to do it now ... [/url]
Let the baby ride the bench for 3 years and see what kind of contract he can get.
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
Let the baby ride the bench for 3 years and see what kind of contract he can get.
Better yet, trade him to Detroit.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Sounds like McDaniels is just as frusterated as us about this situation.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #5
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I like how everytime McDaniels gets quoted, he admits he lied about something new.

Is it bright where you are
And Have the people changed
Does it make you happy you're so strange
And in your darkest hour
I hold secrets flame
We can watch the world devoured in its pain
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

ugh. I'll be pissed if we lose cutler. He may be a whiny little B, but he's an awesome QB.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:40 AM   #7
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

After we met for a while, and went over a lot of the same ground we'd been over, Jay said to me, 'Can I have a few more hours to think?' I said, 'Yeah, give me a call on my cell phone.' He never called. Bus [Cook] called Brian [Xanders], but Jay didn't call me.''

Bus Cook is the devil!
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #8
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Perhaps, yes. This might all just be a ploy for a bigger contract. how pathetic.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:51 AM   #9
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
Right, because that wouldn't make for any sort of distraction during THE ENTIRE ****ING YEAR NOW WOULD IT?

Not to mention driving Cutler's trade value to nil.

ffs some people are ****ing retarded. There are 3 solutions at this point: 1) Mc****face gets fired 2) Cutler gets traded 3) they somehow work this out

If Cutler is on this team this season it's because he's the starting QB. Period.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:53 AM   #10
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBronco View Post
After we met for a while, and went over a lot of the same ground we'd been over, Jay said to me, 'Can I have a few more hours to think?' I said, 'Yeah, give me a call on my cell phone.' He never called. Bus [Cook] called Brian [Xanders], but Jay didn't call me.''

Bus Cook is the devil!
Bus Cook is Kaiser Sosay
ol number 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:57 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

It's the Bus Cook Show! Enjoy!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:03 AM   #12
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
I'm going to lead with the Cutler story, following two chats I had with Denver coach Josh McDaniels late Sunday night. I got the sense he can't believe it's come to this duel at the OK Corral.

"I would probably be really good for Jay, and I know he would be really good for me,'' McDaniels told me over the phone from Denver. "I think that's the part that's shocking to me.''

That it probably will never happen, he means.

It makes no sense. None. When the Broncos report for the start of their offseason program this morning at their plush complex south of town, Cutler will be a no-show. I reported recently that Cutler wanted to be traded after the Broncos lost both Mike Shanahan (fired) and offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates (went to USC as offensive coordinator), and that message was delivered to the Denver front office. Now I expect Cutler, through agent Bus Cook, to reiterate his demand ... and what's more, I expect the Broncos to seriously consider it. Owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday night, "we might lose'' Cutler, though he was not specific about how, or why, or when, and Cutler told Chris Mortensen of ESPN he has asked Cook to formally request a trade.

Denver has to tread carefully here. McDaniels told me he is frustrated by Cutler's interpretation of a conference call and then an in-person meeting this weekend, and he still wants to talk with Cutler again face-to-face to see if they can iron out their differences. If McDaniels walks into his first meeting with his players this morning, and they think he's trying to kick Cutler to the curb, they're going to ask, "Why did Bowlen hire this idiot?''

But in the end, Denver will have to strongly consider trading Cutler. If you're a rookie coach, as McDaniels is, and you've got to set the right tone for the team, how can you have a quarterback who doesn't want to be there as your franchise leader? Parting with Cutler would be forcing the Broncos to start over at the game's most important position when they thought they had the position filled for the next decade. But Cutler, who is one of the best quarterback prospects to enter the NFL in years, can be moody, and if he never buys what McDaniels is selling, it could drag the team down.

How we got to this point, in chronological order:

McDaniels said he was not considering trading Cutler until he was contacted "by two teams'' at the Scouting Combine -- presumably Detroit and Tampa. They were pie-in-the-sky inquiries, though, and he didn't consider anything seriously, he said, until the day before the Feb. 27 beginning of free-agency, when he got a serious proposal for Cutler.

"This was a non-issue until Thursday [Feb. 26],'' McDaniels said. "There was obviously a scenario where teams figured we'd be interested in Matt Cassel, because I'd coached him in New England. When someone calls, I'm going to consider it, because that's my job.''

Cutler believes the Broncos were much more interested in trading him and signing Cassel than they've said. I asked McDaniels if he'd been interested in Cassel before the contact by the two teams at the combine, going back to when he knew Cassel might be on the market and available in trade from the Patriots. "No, that's totally untrue,'' he said.

McDaniels did pursue a deal with New England on the first day of free agency, but not intensely, he said, because he and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders were in the middle of doing six free-agent negotiations in the opening two days of free-agency. "I think we were too late to the dance,'' he said, meaning the Chiefs had already made the deal with New England -- a second-round pick for Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel. Denver would have given more, likely a first-round pick, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick had his deal done with the Chiefs.

"Do I understand about Jay being hurt that we'd consider this?'' McDaniels said. "Sure. But I can tell you that it wasn't like there was any grand plan by us to trade Jay Cutler. That wasn't the case. But when we've told them [Cutler and Cook], I think it's fallen on deaf ears.''

I texted Cutler and got no response. In his comments to Mortensen earlier, he said his time in Denver "had run its course,'' the rift between him and McDaniels is "not something they want to fix,'' that McDaniels -- in their meeting Saturday -- "made it clear he could still entertain trading me,'' and said the coach "made it clear he wants his own guy.''

I texted McDaniels, and shortly before 1 a.m. Eastern on Monday, he called to react to Cutler's words.

"Oh boy,'' he said, and sighed. "No, no, no. Nothing like that was conveyed.'' And he sighed again.

"I think the hangup is, 'Well, you considered doing it once, would you ever consider it again?' It keeps coming out like I want my own guy. Thinking we want to trade him now is totally opposite what we've been trying to do here ... We've been trying like hell for two weeks to get a face-to-face meeting.''

What frustrates McDaniels is that the two sides met -- he thinks without acrimony -- and then word gets out that there was tension or vindictiveness in the meeting. "It's hard to believe we're sharing the same intentions and can have such different interpretations of the meeting,'' he said. "When we met [Saturday], my point was, 'We all know where this was, and now we all have to try to move forward.' After we met for a while, and went over a lot of the same ground we'd been over, Jay said to me, 'Can I have a few more hours to think?' I said, 'Yeah, give me a call on my cell phone.' He never called. Bus [Cook] called Brian [Xanders], but Jay didn't call me.''

I asked McDaniels if he feels he'll be forced to trade Cutler.

"No,'' he said. "He's got three years left on his contract. We're not at the point where we're going to do it now ... [But] it's probably something we're going to have to talk about. We've been trying to communicate, and I still want to try, but if that's the direction we're headed, we're going to have to talk.''

There's such a gulf in the two versions of events. But it looks like, taking the long view, Cutler will be playing elsewhere unless he and McDaniels sit in a room together for two hours and come out married. That's not likely to happen. Maybe Cutler can't take the dissing he feels from McDaniels, or maybe he's fabricating the dissing to justify in his own mind going somewhere else. I don't know. But I do know this: If I had the choice of Denver, Tampa Bay, Detroit and the Jets, and the Denver coach has worked successfully with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel, I'd be thinking very hard about not burning a bridge that can't be reconstructed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ion/index.html
At this point after all that has happened, if I really wanted Jay Cutler as my QB, I would get Mr Bowlen and myself on a plane and go where Jay is. I would not let what has been said, put my personal feelings aside or think about how this might be perceived by others (groveling) from doing this. I would go the extra miles knowing that I did all I could to correct the misperceptions with Jay. I would enlist the help of any resource I could think of to break through to him.

If this doesn't work, I would feverishly work to trade him between now and the draft. McDaniels does not need to start his time in Denver with this hanging over his head. The QB position, especially in Denver, creates too much distraction for a team that needs as much focus as this team does with all its changes.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:05 AM   #13
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Got love how people will still say this is on McDaniels. The past 2 weeks have been completely on Jay. Franchise QB my ass, he has the ability, lacks the mental toughness.

EDIT: I responded to this quickly this morning before seeing all the other stories. Something isn't right whether it Cook, Cutler, or McDaniels. But both sides are slipping up somewhere.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 03-16-2009 at 09:00 AM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:15 AM   #14
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Got love how people will still say this is on McDaniels. The past 2 weeks have been completely on Jay. Franchise QB my ass, he has the ability, lacks the mental toughness.
QFT!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #15
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

we were to late or we would've given up more than KC and traded Cutler, but we weren't trying to trade him we just listened....................BULLSHYT they have been lying to Jay from day one
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:24 AM   #16
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I'm glad McDaniels is talking now. I truly believe he just doesn't understand why Cutler can't get over this.

I think he just wants to go elsewhere and get an early extension; more power to him, I guess.
Man-Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:30 AM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I like how everytime McDaniels gets quoted, he admits he lied about something new.
Come on, Rev. You're letting your distaste for the transition from Shanahan to McD cloud your judgement on this. It's very clear what's going on here. Jay, with the "help" of Bus Cook, has his mind made up about this and he's not listening. McD and the Broncos want this to work, they know it's best for everyone that it does. Jay has no intention of making it work. He won't compromise the situation at all. He's being difficult, not answering the phone, taking a defensive posture with all communications, and taking everything to the media. In other words, he's doing everything wrong. This can work out but only if he wants it to, and since it appears he doesn't want it to it probably won't. He's shatting where he sleeps and he's probably going to end up in a worse situation on a bad team. Everyone loses.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #18
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Come on, Rev. You're letting your distaste for the transition from Shanahan to McD cloud your judgement on this. It's very clear what's going on here. Jay, with the "help" of Bus Cook, has his mind made up about this and he's not listening. McD and the Broncos want this to work, they know it's best for everyone that it does. Jay has no intention of making it work. He won't compromise the situation at all. He's being difficult, not answering the phone, taking a defensive posture with all communications, and taking everything to the media. In other words, he's doing everything wrong. This can work out but only if he wants it to, and since it appears he doesn't want it to it probably won't. He's shatting where he sleeps and he's probably going to end up in a worse situation on a bad team. Everyone loses.
No... it's the truth.

Less than a week ago: "All we did was answer phones"
Now: "I think we were too late to the dance''
Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #19
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post

we were to late or we would've given up more than KC and traded Cutler, but we weren't trying to trade him we just listened....................BULLSHYT they have been lying to Jay from day one
They'd already been approached with inquiries for Cutler at that point, don't you think it'd have been due diligence to check the going rate for Cassel?

Or should they have just plugged their ears when other GMs call because Cutler is obviously worth more than the potential return of Cassel and a couple first day picks?
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #20
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
I'm glad McDaniels is talking now. I truly believe he just doesn't understand why Cutler can't get over this.

I think he just wants to go elsewhere and get an early extension; more power to him, I guess.
Sure he doesn't understand - the FO assumed they could treat Cutler like an adult. He has to be babied.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #21
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
No... it's the truth.

Less than a week ago: "All we did was answer phones"
Now: "I think we were too late to the dance''
Even if this is true, Jay said he wanted out after Shanny and Bates left. How could they not listen to trade proposals? The one thing I'll agree with you on is that they probably should have been more upfront with Jay about this, but they certainly had no obligation to be.

Jay could have handled this best by putting his head down and moving forward as if everything was "normal". It's out of his control. Go to work and plan to be a winning QB, if not for Denver then for someone else. It's been all posturing. They (Jay and Bus) clearly have no intention of making this work unless everything is on their terms. I understand having your feelings hurt and feeling some mistrust. I don't understand not moving on from it. Again, he's shatting where he sleeps. Take the high road and make them regret ever considering moving you, and if they do move you make them regret doing it. But the way he's acting they're going to be relieved washing their hands of him. And again, everyone loses except for perhaps the bank accounts of Jay and Bus.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #22
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post

So let me get this straight.

According to our HC and brand new GM trading for a FRANCHISE QB took a backseat to the other six FA deals?

Seriously?

It was more important to deal with a stop gap safety, an injury prone RB in Buckhalter, a freakin long snapper, a back up WR, and some no name DLmen than it was addressing a trade involving franchise QBs with multiple first round picks being thrown around?

No, seriously?

This is getting ridiculous. McDaniels sounds either like the biggest retard new HC or is just lying through his teeth.

Are you telling me that you've got a possible deal regarding franchise QBs and first round picks and you turn around and say "Well, we can't pursue that intensely because we've got Lonnie Paxton and Jabar Gaffney, not to mention some guy named Correll Buckhalter to deal with!"
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #23
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Even if this is true, Jay said he wanted out after Shanny and Bates left. How could they not listen to trade proposals? The one thing I'll agree with you on is that they probably should have been more upfront with Jay about this, but they certainly had no obligation to be.

It's certainly true. It's a direct quote in black and white!

Actually both Jay and McDaniels say that never happened about him wanting out after Bates. But the simple fact that that's in the media shows there's a leak in dove valley, because Bus the devil Cook would never leak that and affect Jay's leverage.

Quote:
Jay could have handled this best by putting his head down and moving forward as if everything was "normal". It's out of his control. Go to work and plan to be a winning QB, if not for Denver then for someone else. It's been all posturing. They (Jay and Bus) clearly have no intention of making this work unless everything is on their terms. I understand having your feelings hurt and feeling some mistrust. I don't understand not moving on from it. Again, he's shatting where he sleeps. Take the high road and make them regret ever considering moving you, and if they do move you make them regret doing it. But the way he's acting they're going to be relieved washing their hands of him. And again, everyone loses except for perhaps the bank accounts of Jay and Bus.
You're missing a lot. He's said he'll be there for every mandatory mini camp and TC. That is putting his head down and moving forward. Or do we crucify him for not lifting weights with his teammates?

He didn't create this situation, but, as you said, he has the power to make them regret ever considering it. And that's what's happening. Agree with it or not, you're not in his shoes.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:03 AM   #24
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
They'd already been approached with inquiries for Cutler at that point, don't you think it'd have been due diligence to check the going rate for Cassel?

Or should they have just plugged their ears when other GMs call because Cutler is obviously worth more than the potential return of Cassel and a couple first day picks?
If you want to go down that way sure.

But that's not the problem I have with McDaniels. When the trade didn't happen then it was the height of naivety for McDaniels to try and sweep it under the rug rather than being honest and upfront with Jay about it.

Don't you think it would have been a lot simpler if McDaniels had just called Cutler and said exactly what you've posted there rather than trying to fix the screw up only after the media broke the story?

Like I keep saying McDaniels comes off like a real amateur at this and looks like an a$$hole to his players, and Jay comes off like a whining crybaby because he can't get over it and has his head stuck up his agents a$$.

I can't tell you how disgusted I feel with both of these guys, especially considering how all we had to do was fix the defense this offseason.

Forget fixing the defense, the way McDaniels is going he would be lucky not to screw up a cup of morning coffee.

Last edited by fontaine; 03-16-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Old 03-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #25
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
He didn't create this situation, but, as you said, he has the power to make them regret ever considering it. And that's what's happening. Agree with it or not, you're not in his shoes.

That's the way I see it too.

McDaniels made a rookie dumba$$ mistake and Cutler and his agent are going to make him pay dearly for it.