The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default Is anyone else kind of excited?[Omnibus "'What to do with Jay' stupid thread" thread]

First, I wanna say that I love Cutler. I wish him the best wherever he winds up. IMO, he ****ed us by being a baby here, but that's business.

However, I more excited for this draft than any other I've seen.

If Cutler is up for sale, then surely Scheffler must go too. Does anyone else here think that McDaniels/Xanders will take this opportunity to offload the problematic Marshall, too?

So far the assumed targets are Detriot and Cleveland. What about San Fran? Tampa? I've heard Shaun Rogers+Brady Quinn for Cutler being thrown around a lot. Why the hell would we want Quinn over Anderson? Do we just get draft picks in return, or a QB? If we just get picks, who can get draft at QB? Is there a FA option out there(Now that Shanny's gone, will Garcia finally become a Bronco?) Is Simms the man?

I'm not going to lie here. Yes, I'm pissed that all this happened, but a part of me is just glad to be moving on, with or without Cutler. This ongoing ordeal has numbed me as a fan towards both Cutler and the FO, but now I feel animated. I'm excited to see what this team will become, and I hope it's something good.

P.S.
I kind of want this to be a thread for throwing out stupid, fantastical trade suggestions in the true Madden Franchise fan fashion...We have enough threads about who's in the right or who's in the wrong here. Let's assume Cutler will be traded. Who will get shipped off along with him? What will we get for him/them?
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
First, I wanna say that I love Cutler. I wish him the best wherever he winds up. IMO, he ****ed us by being a baby here, but that's business.

If Cutler is up for sale, then surely Scheffler must go too. Does anyone else here think that McDaniels/Xanders will take this opportunity to offload the problematic Marshall, too?

So far the assumed targets are Detriot and Cleveland. What about San Fran? Tampa? I've heard Shaun Rogers+Brady Quinn for Cutler being thrown around a lot. Why the hell would we want Quinn over Anderson? Do we just get draft picks in return, or a QB? If we just get picks, who can get draft at QB? Is there a FA option out there(Now that Shanny's gone, will Garcia finally become a Bronco?) Is Simms the man?

I'm not going to lie here. Yes, I'm pissed that all this happened, but a part of me is just glad to be moving on, with or without Cutler. This ongoing ordeal has numbed me as a fan towards both Cutler and the FO, but now I feel animated. I'm excited to see what this team will become, and I hope it's something good.

P.S.
I kind of want this to be a thread for throwing out stupid, fantastical trade suggestions in the true Madden Franchise fan fashion...We have enough threads about who's in the right or who's in the wrong here. Let's assume Cutler will be traded. Who will get shipped off along with him? What will we get for him/them?

I have to admit I've been going to the Mock drafts and just imagining some of the guys we could take. I say ship out whoever doesn't want to be here. Anyone wanting to be a Bronco and win some games that will give 100% you're our man. I have faith in McD and think he'll establish a good team over time. We were going no where this year anyway, lets rebuild the right way and get back to dominance with some good young talent.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I'm not excited .... I'm disgusted.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I didn't say I'm entirely excited, only partially. The better part of me is still sad that Shanahan got fired.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:

P.S.
I dont get too emotional or pissed anymore. I follow the NFL because i love football, but i just cant get emotionally pissed off any more. not since i threw the remote threw the wall in my house when Plummer threw that 1st pick during the AFCCG against Pitt. Then i went out and finished it off by throwing it at the garage door.
So to me, its all just a crazy, fun kinda excitement to watch what happens
make no mistake, i like Jay Cutler. I was one of what? 6? posters who wanted to draft him during the 2006 draft!??!
So i was happy when we drafted him, but this crappola is just outta control. Its all just a immature bunch of babies acting out playschool crap. Its hard to keep it in perspective.
So as for the situation, hey, i just try to hope for the best and hopefully DEN gets a bunch of solid players out of a trade for Cutler.
All's i can do is try to stay positive of each situation that occurs and make the best of it. Life is too short, man
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

If excited is code for wishing McDouche would burn his own fruit basket off over a open flame then yes ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Love it or hate, no one can say it isn't exciting and interesting. What were we talking about here this time last year? This is the least boring the offseason has been in some time.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #8
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

P.S.
I wish I could be excited.

This whole thing is just depressing. I get that feeling "OOOH if we trade Cutler then we'll have a fun Draft Day with more picks!" Then I think about it for a second longer and its like, "Oh yeah, but we're not going to have Cutler"

Its like it could be exciting, but ends up in depression. Its like those Ladder type games at elitches where you climb across and if you can hit the button you win. You get to about the middle and say "I can do this!" but then fall off land on your face and fail.

We are that fail. Go Us.

Last edited by Dexter; 03-15-2009 at 11:31 PM..
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Get over it girls, McDaniels is here to stay no matter how much you are starting to sounds like Jay Cutler, it will not change a single thing.

The draft will be epic fun, lets hope the new higher ups are as good as they think they are.
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #10
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Someone explain what the difference will be with this team without Jay Cutler on it Its not like we will be breaking some sort of long string of playoff appearences.

Anyone?
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Someone explain what the difference will be with this team without Jay Cutler on it Its not like we will be breaking some sort of long string of playoff appearences.

Anyone?
We won't be seeing as pretty of passes or as many long drive without any points, I suppose.

Ugh. I hate myself right now, I'm already turning on Cutler.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:50 PM   #12
Popps
It's so easy

Great thread, Killer.

Nothing wrong with being excited. I'm a Broncos fan first, not a Jay Cutler fan. If Jay wanted to remain a Bronco, I truly believe he would be.

When this smoke clears, people are going to understand that we've brought in a great young football mind... hired a great, experienced option as a D-coord, and added a few key pieces to the team already.... with many more to come.

Mike Shanahan was groomed very similarly to McDaniels. Both earned their strips in a culture of winning and came out of their respective organizations with a ton of confidence... and the ability to be cut-throat leaders when the time called for it.

Like him or not, Josh McDaniels is going to build a TEAM... not the Fancy Quarterback Show. He's already putting the glue in place for this thing, but people are too blinded by the Cutler ordeal to see it.

This is going to be one of the biggest stories in Broncos history... succeed or fail, and even if McDaniels succeeds, most of those around here calling for his head already are going to continue to trash him.

I lived in SF when Steve Young overtook Joe Montana. I'll never forget how ungrateful those fans were. Even after Young won a SB, the fans were still somewhat lukewarm to him. (Many, anyway.)

McDaniels hasn't won anything yet, but if he does... expect the same kind of bitterness to emanate from the obvious suspects around here.

Props to you for deciding to take an open mind into the future. To me, it's the intelligent thing to do. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to look very silly around here in a couple of years.

Go Broncos.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #13
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Great thread, Killer.

Nothing wrong with being excited. I'm a Broncos fan first, not a Jay Cutler fan. If Jay wanted to remain a Bronco, I truly believe he would be.

When this smoke clears, people are going to understand that we've brought in a great young football mind... hired a great, experienced option as a D-coord, and added a few key pieces to the team already.... with many more to come.

Mike Shanahan was groomed very similarly to McDaniels. Both earned their strips in a culture of winning and came out of their respective organizations with a ton of confidence... and the ability to be cut-throat leaders when the time called for it.

Like him or not, Josh McDaniels is going to build a TEAM... not the Fancy Quarterback Show. He's already putting the glue in place for this thing, but people are too blinded by the Cutler ordeal to see it.

This is going to be one of the biggest stories in Broncos history... succeed or fail, and even if McDaniels succeeds, most of those around here calling for his head already are going to continue to trash him.

I lived in SF when Steve Young overtook Joe Montana. I'll never forget how ungrateful those fans were. Even after Young won a SB, the fans were still somewhat lukewarm to him. (Many, anyway.)

McDaniels hasn't won anything yet, but if he does... expect the same kind of bitterness to emanate from the obvious suspects around here.

Props to you for deciding to take an open mind into the future. To me, it's the intelligent thing to do. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to look very silly around here in a couple of years.

Go Broncos.

Nice post popps, I'm hoping no one from the family openly cheers for the Broncos to lose this year because of the whole scenario playing out. Lets just maximize our value in a trade and look forward.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:51 AM   #14
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
We won't be seeing as pretty of passes or as many long drive without any points, I suppose.

Ugh. I hate myself right now, I'm already turning on Cutler.
The other side of the coin is we will probably have a better red zone offense. We had the #2 offense statistically, yet we were 16th in scoring. Atrocious!

And I know what some of you will say, we had our RBs hurt! Look, it wasn't just last year that our red zone O was piss poor. We have had problems punching it in for the past 3 seasons. Time for a change and time for a QB who makes good decisions in a structured offense. If Jay can't handle it, we'll see who we do get. As KI said, I am interested and a bit excited to see the changes that are coming.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:53 AM   #15
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
This.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:56 AM   #16
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
What were we talking about here this time last year? .
Well, let's see...

We signed the mighty Boss Bailey. Oh, and Niko Kantaplaya.

Yep. Worst defense in the league and that was the solution.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:59 AM   #17
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Honestly, the most intriguing prospect at this point is Cutler coming back. The media would have a field day the size of which we haven't seen outside Dallas/Brett Favre. Such drama might not be a healthy dynamic for the team, but it is the stuff of Hollywood (strong willed coach vs strong willed QB). A deep playoff run wouldn't hurt things either
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #18
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Honestly, the most intriguing prospect at this point is Cutler coming back. The media would have a field day the size of which we haven't seen outside Dallas/Brett Favre. Such drama might not be a healthy dynamic for the team, but it is the stuff of Hollywood (strong willed coach vs strong willed QB). A deep playoff run wouldn't hurt things either
I don't know about the playoffs but Cutler will be the QB.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #19
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

In a word: No. I'm decidedly not "excited" by the prospect of going into the '09 season with Chris Simms under center because the inexperienced McD screwed the pooch and is too proud to admit it and fix his f'up.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:29 AM   #20
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
In a word: No. I'm decidedly not "excited" by the prospect of going into the '09 season with Chris Simms under center because the inexperienced McD screwed the pooch and is too proud to admit it and fix his f'up.
Yea, you already said that.

Ready to ship me your gear, yet?

How about that Cutler jersey? We're bound to sign a kicker or someone to use the #6. I'll take it.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:38 AM   #21
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Come on, people! What can we get for Cutler? Who else is gonna get shipped out in the fallout of this?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:45 AM   #22
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Come on, people! What can we get for Cutler? Who else is gonna get shipped out in the fallout of this?
The rumor floating around in Lions-land is the #1 overall, plus a 2nd and a 3rd this year... BUT, we have to give them our #12.

Just a rumor.

I'd love to see a player-trade happen, and I'd love it to involve some defensive help and a QB. Keep our #12 and trade Cutler for something like Anderson, Rogers and a high pick next season. Let's get some guys in that can play football NOW.

Remember, this offense has pieces in place. A QB like Anderson could come in and potentially have a good season right away. Great protection, high-quality receiving options... and hopefully, a strong running game.

More likely, it'll be a basket of draft picks, but I'd really like to see some quality veteran help come with the deal.

Rogers seems like a malcontent, but even if he could perform at a high level for a year and allow us to develop another NT, it would be a great thing.

I liked Anderson when I saw him play. He had great chemistry with Winslow, and Braylon Edwards couldn't catch a cold. I'm not saying Anderson is a sure-shot long-term answer, but he's got something to him. I think if reeled in a bit, he could be an interesting fit.

I wouldn't be devastated if it was Quinn, since he knows the system... but something makes me think Anderson might have that extra something in his personality.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:47 AM   #23
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
The rumor floating around in Lions-land is the #1 overall, plus a 2nd and a 3rd this year... BUT, we have to give them our #12.

Just a rumor.

I'd love to see a player-trade happen, and I'd love it to involve some defensive help and a QB. Keep our #12 and trade Cutler for something like Anderson, Rogers and a high pick next season. Let's get some guys in that can play football NOW.

Remember, this offense has pieces in place. A QB like Anderson could come in and potentially have a good season right away. Great protection, high-quality receiving options... and hopefully, a strong running game.

More likely, it'll be a basket of draft picks, but I'd really like to see some quality veteran help come with the deal.

Rogers seems like a malcontent, but even if he could perform at a high level for a year and allow us to develop another NT, it would be a great thing.

I liked Anderson when I saw him play. He had great chemistry with Winslow, and Braylon Edwards couldn't catch a cold. I'm not saying Anderson is a sure-shot long-term answer, but he's got something to him. I think if reeled in a bit, he could be an interesting fit.

I wouldn't be devastated if it was Quinn, since he knows the system... but something makes me think Anderson might have that extra something in his personality.
Why does everyone say that Quinn knows the system? McDaniels' system was, at least to me, nothing like the system I saw when Weis was in charge.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:47 AM   #24
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Yea, you already said that.

Ready to ship me your gear, yet?

How about that Cutler jersey? We're bound to sign a kicker or someone to use the #6. I'll take it.
Don't really like repeating myself... but... "in a word, No."
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote