The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Mike Shanahan conference call on Jay Cutler/Broncos spat

On how spending the last few months in Latin America while the Broncos have self-destructed

“You just don’t know good (you have it) until you get to watch your former team explode like Al Davis's blood pressure after a six pack of Mountain Dew. I think it really showed up once the Goodmans left. You get guys like (Former GM Jeff) Goodman. The guy has had the best draft in the NFL two of the last three years, is just bowling people up and down the field. I don’t know if you saw the seventh pick last year but he impresses. Not to mention the fourth round a few years ago.

There is nothing quite as nice as drinking margs on the beach while your former employeer morphs into the employer before that. That means I can own both Oakland and Denver when I come back to the NFL.

On what he thinks of Bill Belichick's statement that he is glad to not have to face Mike S. this year

I think he said that he wasn't disappointed to not have me on the schedule anymore. But you have to hand it off to Bill Belichick. Not only does he not face me, his minion is working on destroying the team permanently. Champions are built that way, by undermining the team that has traditionally destroyed them in the playoffs. It's impressive.

On Jay Cutler's immaturity
He has always been a bit whinier then we imagined, but how many quarterbacks are Pro-Bowlers in their third season? That earns him a bit of whining, albiet not as much as he actually has. Being the only quarterback left from the 2005 class should worry anyone, He should have 50 million reasons to be a grown up.

Of course, that I will take credit for. I built a incredibly arrogant team, and rather then teaching Jay how to be a leader, I ignored thoose problems with him, and tought him how to be a pro-bowler.

But you can't loose target on what counts. I mean, I dealt with Javon Walker who was constantly threatening to make it rain, and Travis Henry who was incapable of thinking of anything other then his dick and never set any records for intelligence. Hell I even had Sharpe and Elway. If I can work with them, can McDaniels really not work with Cutler?

On dissolving the Bronco's Second Best in the NFL offense
The Offense has to improve. In the NFL, you can't win having the second best offense in the league. Number 2 of 32 means that you will never make the playoffs. Clearly the best way to fix that is to upset the quarterback, the first tight end in Denver since Shannon Sharpe worth anything, and see if you can piss of Marshall and Stokley as well. Perhaps you can build on that success by trading Hillis or putting him behind a raft of washed up running backs.

On the best thing about Jay Cutler leaving Denver
Obviously anytime you have a new head coach who has no idea how to actually use talent and instead tries to copy his previous master's system you have a opportunity to do something really special.

I'm planning on buying Jay Cutler's house. I think it will make a nice washroom for my new mansion. I really want to thank Pat Bowlen for that. Paying me 7 million a year to not coach after signing McDaniel's is a sign of just how great his judgment is. He really is the best owner in the NFL.

On History repeating itself
Sure. It obviously does, but that's good for the Broncos long term. Jeremy Bates might just be running this team the way it's going.

(Obviously, this is a joke, but does anyone out there really think that Mike is not laughing himself silly right now?) Everyone could have predicted (and I did) shortly after Mike S was fired that both Mike and Jay would be with new teams shortly.

McDaniels and Xanders have to get rid of Cutler at this point. They simply have allowed the situation to spiral this far out of control. Player management is their job and they screwed it up. That means not only do they have to fix the defense, they have to fix a offense that was the second best in the NFL before they ****ed with it. They may make a decent or even a great team without Jay Cutler. But he just made it much much much more difficult to make a spectacular team with him.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
summerdenver
Ring of Famer

Rebuilding both offense and defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

That's good stuff.
summerdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Neg reped.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

This team is in surgery. The patient has lost a lot of blood, and it looks ****ing grim, but it's too early to call it a failure. If McDaniels can ship out all the players in the locker room loyal to Cutler, and find himself a serviceable QB...You never know, man.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
Borks147
the dude abides...

[QUOTE=Killericon;2334718 If McDaniels can ship out all the players in the locker room loyal to Cutler, and find himself a serviceable QB...You never know, man.[/QUOTE]

you mean EVERYONE?
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
This team is in surgery. The patient has lost a lot of blood, and it looks ****ing grim, but it's too early to call it a failure. If McDaniels can ship out all the players in the locker room loyal to Cutler, and find himself a serviceable QB...You never know, man.
Sure, but think of what he could have done by not destroying our offense and devastating the franchise.

So far this has all the earmarks of the crusaders sacking Constantinople. The long terms effects look disastrous. If he manages to rebuild it, and ends up with less then the second best offense in the league, it will be a step down from what he inherited. If the offense excels it will be in spite of McDaniels, not because of him.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Neg reped.
I feel proud.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #8
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Neg reped.
He should be at about zero now
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Cutler was not drafted in 2005....
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #10
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Sure, but think of what he could have done by not destroying our offense and devastating the franchise.

So far this has all the earmarks of the crusaders sacking Constantinople. The long terms effects look disastrous. If he manages to rebuild it, and ends up with less then the second best offense in the league, it will be a step down from what he inherited. If the offense excels it will be in spite of McDaniels, not because of him.
So you're comparing the Crusades to a pansy QB who needs to purchase a set of testicles
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #11
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I feel proud.
Great thread/parody.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #12
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
So you're comparing the Crusades to a pansy QB who needs to purchase a set of testicles
The Crusaders sacked Constantinople (their own city) which helped lead to it's downfall later.

McDaniels is making life very hard on himself. That's all I am saying.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #13
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Travis Henry who was incapable of thinking of anything other then his dick
Best Line EVER.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote