The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Pontius Pirate
Tampons are for pussies

Default A couple scenes from the Broncos script I'm writing...

INT - INVESCO FIELD OFFICE - DAY

Pat Bowlen wakes on his couch, surrounded by empty whiskey bottles, and reads the Denver Post sports frontpage headline. It reads in bold letters: "Cutler Upset at Food Being Served at Dove Valley." Bowlen rubs his temples. He looks around, then lets out a fart.

EXT - DOVE VALLEY - DAY

Coach McDaniels is running the Bronco's offense through drills. Chris Simms is at QB, throwing wobbling passes 10 yards in front of Eddie Royal.

MCDANIELS
Yeah Chris! Way to go buddy! Lookin good!

McDaniels looks over and sees a cop car pulling away with Brandon Marshall in the back. Marshall looks at McDaniels and gives a shrug. McDaniels throws down his clipboard. He looks at his iphone and sees an ESPN news headline that reads, "Cassel Shining at KC Camp." He rubs his temples.

EXT - BOISE HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL FIELD - DAY

Pat Bowlen walks over to the field, taking a swig off a flask. On the field, Jake Plummer is giving a rousing speech to highschool football players. They break, cheering madly. Pat takes another swig.

BOWLEN
Aw sh*t. What the hell.

EXT - DOVE VALLEY - DAY

Jake Plummer takes a long walk over to the sideline. He is wearing a "Boise Handball Championship - 2006" shirt. The entire Bronco's practice squad stares, dumbfounded. Jake steps up to McDaniels

PLUMMER
I hear you're having some trouble.
Where is he?

INT - DOVE VALLEY - DAY

Jake Plummer and Jay Cutler are sitting down in a dorm room. Jay Cutler is wearing a Lilith Fair concert tee.

CUTLER
Jake, you don't understand man, they almost
traded me! I mean gosh!

JAKE
Well, so why don't you go out there and
prove them wrong? Show them why you're
so indispensable?

CUTLER
What does indispensable mean?

EXT - ARROWHEAD STADIUM - DAY

The Broncos and Chiefs are playing in front raucous fans. It's the 4th quarter. The Broncos are down 21 points. Matt Cassel is high fiving people on the sideline. The jumbotron reads: "Matt Cassel has just thrown for the most yards ever at Arrowhead Stadium!" Coach McDaniels is looking on as Chris Simms gets brutally sacked. The sideline is somber. The other days scores come up. The jumbotron reads: "Detroit: 0, Chicago 17...Jay Cutler taken off in a stretcher."

Jake Plummer runs out of the tunnel near the endzone, suited up in a Bronco's uni. He strides over to McDaniels and pats him on the back.

PLUMMER
I'm taking over. You got any bootlegs in
that playbook?
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Keep your day job.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #3