The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Disappointed Bowlen: "We might lose our star QB"

I don't know why this keeps getting merged, but it's a legitimate stand alone thread....

Disappointed Bowlen: "We might lose our star QB"
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/15/2009 09:42:21 AM MDT
Updated: 03/15/2009 07:30:10 PM MDT

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11919325
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Hey?!?!?! Wtf Mods!

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

There are many facets to this whole deal to discuss. What's the point of merging them all into one? Good points get lost in the morass.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't know why this keeps getting merged, but it's a legitimate stand alone thread....

Disappointed Bowlen: "We might lose our star QB"
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/15/2009 09:42:21 AM MDT
Updated: 03/15/2009 07:30:10 PM MDT

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11919325

ya damn right it is......i tried three times
Old 03-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Mods, can you merge this please?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include Cook, who led the discussions in both a conference call last Monday with Broncos officials that included Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis, and in the meeting Saturday at Dove Valley with McDaniels and Xanders.

cutler!!! you chicken **** a-hole
Old 03-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the two-week standoff.

Pretty much all you need to see in this article.

Same thing many of us have been saying, and no surprise.

Jay wants it this way. Either he wants out or wants $$.. but Jay wants it this way. He doesn't want an olive branch. I'm not sure how much more painfully obvious that could be.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

"I'm very disappointed," Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday. "I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback."
Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the two-week standoff.

Bowlen's statement here has pretty much made things worse, not better. Aside from the fact that he's alienating Jay, he's basically undermining Jay's value to the Broncos. Teams are going to use this statement as a signal to low ball us.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
kdissette
Seasoned Veteran

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Well, that presser pretty much just killed any hopes of getting fair value on a trade...
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #10
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

Bowlen's statement here has pretty much made things worse, not better. .
What else is new?

I could be in a room with 4 knockout broads and if you inject Pat Bowlen into the picture in any way, I'll bet it will end up turning out that they're all ladyboys from Thailand.

This guy could **** up a wet dream in less than a new york minute.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #11
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Pretty much all you need to see in this article.

Same thing many of us have been saying, and no surprise.

Jay wants it this way. Either he wants out or wants $$.. but Jay wants it this way. He doesn't want an olive branch. I'm not sure how much more painfully obvious that could be.
Jay is forcing the team's hand. You hate to say it, but there is something Ryan Leaf-like about Jay's hardheaded refusal to examine his role in this fiasco. He seems so intent on bearing grudges that the club will have no option but to unoload him.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Taco you better let SoCal know. He is getting flustered merging them over and over again. Not trying to be funny he has commented about it.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #13
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include Cook, who led the discussions in both a conference call last Monday with Broncos officials that included Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis, and in the meeting Saturday at Dove Valley with McDaniels and Xanders.

cutler!!! you chicken **** a-hole
Ugh. I missed that the first time. Looking at this, Cutler can also impose his will as far as who he is traded to. Any team trading us will want Cutlers ok so that he doesn't hold out on them. Unless we get lucky with the Titans or Bears or whoever is acceptable to Cutler, I don't think there is any way we get anywhere close to good value in a trade.

Last edited by skpac1001; 03-15-2009 at 07:26 PM..
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
Jay is forcing the team's hand. You hate to say it, but there is something Ryan Leaf-like about Jay's hardheaded refusal to examine his role in this fiasco. He seems so intent on bearing grudges that the club will have no option but to unoload him.
I don't hate to say it. I hate that it's true.

I'm really disappointed this kid turned out to be such a prima donna. We could have used him going forward. But, life goes on, and I remain excited about this team.

He wasn't the team for me, and if he doesn't want to be here... then **** 'em.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #15
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
What else is new?

I could be in a room with 4 knockout broads and if you inject Pat Bowlen into the picture in any way, I'll bet it will end up turning out that they're all ladyboys from Thailand.

How is this on Bowlen? The Broncos have reached out to Jay on numerous occasions and Cutler has done nothing but give them the cold shoulder. It may be too late now, but if Jay would've just swallowed some of that ego and not paraded around how hurt his feelings were then the Broncos wouldn't be in this predicament.

Jay has basically given the Broncos a big "FU", Broncos need to start thinking about moving on.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #16
kdissette
Seasoned Veteran

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

[QUOTE=Captain 'Dre;2334242] You hate to say it, but there is something Ryan Leaf-like about Jay's hardheaded refusal to examine his role in this fiasco.

I love the comparison and i jsut read that the Lions are looking to draft a LT with their pick....i sense a 3team trade and Cutler is Bye Bye.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #17
Meck77

Quote:
What else is new?

Yup...Pat Bowlen is just some billionaire idiot who doesn't know a damn thing about running a business.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #18
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

There's nothing Ryan Leaf about this. Ryan Leaf had no talent, and took his agression out on reporters.

There's something Elwayesque and Eli-Manning-esque about this. Both of these guys forced a trade due to coach issues. The difference is that Jay forced the trade after he became a proven commodity.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #19
kdissette
Seasoned Veteran

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
There's nothing Ryan Leaf about this. Ryan Leaf had no talent, and took his agression out on reporters.

There's something Elwayesque and Eli-Manning-esque about this. Both of these guys forced a trade due to coach issues. The difference is that Jay forced the trade after he became a proven commodity.
Actually Elway did this 2x. Draft day and also Reeves tried to trade him and Elway cryed about it until Bowlen fired him and brought in Phillips.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

[QUOTE=kdissette;2334252]
Quote:
You hate to say it, but there is something Ryan Leaf-like about Jay's hardheaded refusal to examine his role in this fiasco.

I love the comparison and i jsut read that the Lions are looking to draft a LT with their pick....i sense a 3team trade and Cutler is Bye Bye.
there's no doubt that the last 3 weeks are mostly jay's doing, but Bowlen doesn't get a free pass when the two clowns he hired to run the team got this latest disaster rolling
Old 03-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Down the road, Jay is going to realize he really screwed the pooch on this one. I wonder if Bus Cook's other clients will start getting the cool response from teams? I think Bus and Jay have really screwed the Broncos over, and I'm surprised by how many Broncos fans support them.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #22
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF View Post
How is this on Bowlen? The Broncos have reached out to Jay on numerous occasions and Cutler has done nothing but give them the cold shoulder. It may be too late now, but if Jay would've just swallowed some of that ego and not paraded around how hurt his feelings were then the Broncos wouldn't be in this predicament.

Jay has basically given the Broncos a big "FU", Broncos need to start thinking about moving on.
They haven't "reached out" in any substantive way. They've had "meetings" where they've come at him guns blazing when a cooler, more level headed and humble approach would have been more appropriate. They've continually leaked stories which may be untrue to try to smear him in the press because they saw that the fanbase was siding with him. These are the tactics of thugs. And that's what they are, Pat. He could have handled it a bit better on his end as well, but the vast majority of this **** is on them. They need to get off their high horse. If they want to continue going around lying to people and offending people left and right then they can go 4-12 and alienate everyone. If Bowlen were a real man, he'd tell McDaniels to back off and he'd get off his ass and do something to smooth things over. The only courage that man has is of the liquid variety. He's a joke.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Ummm, okay so to me this is not anything new or that we don't already know. This could easily be merged IMO.

They need to have a meeting with Bowlen, McD, Jay and Cook only. Those 4 need to go to the home of a family about to lose their home so they can see what real problems are. Or have the meeting in a home where one of the kids has cancer. Maybe put some things into perspective here.

This tantrum has gone on long enough. My wife and I have had arguments worse then what these two have had and we have to live in the same house 24/7. We make up just fine. Why can't McD and Josh just get on the same page. It's not that hard. But both parties must be willing. Somebody here is not willing and I don't think it's McD.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #24
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
They haven't "reached out" in any substantive way. They've had "meetings" where they've come at him guns blazing when a cooler, more level headed and humble approach would have been more appropriate. They've continually leaked stories which may be untrue to try to smear him in the press because they saw that the fanbase was siding with him. These are the tactics of thugs. And that's what they are, Pat. He could have handled it a bit better on his end as well, but the vast majority of this **** is on them. They need to get off their high horse. If they want to continue going around lying to people and offending people left and right then they can go 4-12 and alienate everyone. If Bowlen were a real man, he'd tell McDaniels to back off and he'd get off his ass and do something to smooth things over. The only courage that man has is of the liquid variety. He's a joke.
How dare the Broncos try to talk football with their quarterback as they head into a new system. They wanted Jay to be professional and act like a mature leader by just getting over it and moving on, and because his ego wasn't accomodated accordingly he has now started acting like my 21 month old son whenever I take a toy away from him.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #25
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The Broncos reached out, but it wasn't until after they started playing games with the guy by shutting down communication once the leak became public. Jay should have heard about this through the Broncos first, not anywhere else. If that simple phone call had been made, Jay would have absolutely no friends in this matter.