The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default Ever been to the nfl draft?

IBOAB and I are going to the nfl draft. If anyone has ever been and can give us some insider info, please do. What time should we line up for tickets? Do the have people watching the line so you can leave to grab a snack or restroom break? Does the earlier you line up get you better seats inside? Also, I am staying at club quarters at rockefeller center which is right next to radio city music hall. I can park at a garage the hotel is affiliated with for a discount rate of 35.00 per day with no in or out. I just want to park my car friday morning and pick up sunday evening. Is that a good deal or is there somewhere cheaper?
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I would say its not worth it unless you can somehow get close enough to listen to Mike Mayock.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Stay away from Jet fans
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

I thought about going a few years ago but decided against it. My reason for not going was that I figured it'd be boring live and a lot of waiting around not doing anything. Just to see only the first round you are talking about being there a little bit more than 5 hours.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

i went a few years ago....people sleep outside basically so u need to really get there early if you want great seats...if not just get up as normal and enjoy a breakfast, dont rush

the parking deal is as good as you are going to find
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Apparently, it's first come, first serve for the free tickets, but I'm not sure if that's a factor in seat location.
Check this out.
You might want to get in line early and bring/buy some chairs. It's probably the typical camp out style for tickets where a person has to be in your spot at all times.
35 bucks per day for parking is pretty standard for NYC, but you can save yourself the hassle of driving in Manhattan and just take the subway from Journal Square Station in Jersey City to 33rd Street, transfer to the B, D, F, or V (Orange color) at 34th-Herald Square, and get off at Rockefeller Center.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABronco View Post
Stay away from Jet fans
bringing a lifelong jets fan along with me.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
thumpc
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Richard Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos4life79 View Post
IBOAB and I are going to the nfl draft. If anyone has ever been and can give us some insider info, please do. What time should we line up for tickets?

Do the have people watching the line so you can leave to grab a snack or restroom break? Does the earlier you line up get you better seats inside? Also, I am staying at club quarters at rockefeller center which is right next to radio city music hall. I can park at a garage the hotel is affiliated with for a discount rate of 35.00 per day with no in or out. I just want to park my car friday morning and pick up sunday evening. Is that a good deal or is there somewhere cheaper?
I went there last year and the line was several blocks long 1 1/2 hours before they started giving out tickets. The line started moving sometime in the last hour, then it really started moving. We were in the back of it when this happened. People were running, coolers and tents abandoned, freakin' anarchy back there. I would suggest stationing yourself somewhere across the street from the line, but a lot closer, and just run over and jump in when it starts moving. Don't be showing this move to the Jets fans though, or midtown may never recover.
That parking deal is fine, just leave the car there for the weekend.
They give out a radio and earphones in there for each ticket. Two stations, one is on the NFL network coverage, the other on ESPEW.
The whole event, from the street outside to the heckling and **** talking inside, is pretty funny. Go sport the Orange and Blue and represent!
thumpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Apparently, it's first come, first serve for the free tickets, but I'm not sure if that's a factor in seat location.
Check this out.
You might want to get in line early and bring/buy some chairs. It's probably the typical camp out style for tickets where a person has to be in your spot at all times.
35 bucks per day for parking is pretty standard for NYC, but you can save yourself the hassle of driving in Manhattan and just take the subway from Journal Square Station in Jersey City to 33rd Street, transfer to the B, D, F, or V (Orange color) at 34th-Herald Square, and get off at Rockefeller Center.
Thanks for the info. I believe that is what we will do.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #10
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Is it true that if you stay for both days, you get tickets for next years draft without having to wait in line?