The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you wish success for Cutler if he is traded?
Yes 59 44.03%
No 53 39.55%
Only if he is traded to the NFC 14 10.45%
Undecided 8 5.97%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Do you wish success for Cutler if he is traded?

Poll forthcoming.
slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Sure. Why not? I'd prefer he'd have success here, but if he doesn't want to get with the program then he can get the **** out.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Yes. Certainly.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Absolutely. Might even buy his jersey. Wear it to every Broncos home game I attend with some masking tape on it with a nastly lil message taped to the front of the jersey.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

I can't see why anyone would want Cutler to fail somewhere else, unless it was in Oakland or Kansas City and that's not going to happen. I'm still holding out hope he and Junior can work through all this, but it does takes some of the fun out of following the team, that's for sure.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Yes I'll root for him and also call him a baby like I will if he stays. I'm one of his biggest fans but, his grudge holding immature attitude gets old. I blame FO for the start of this mess as well. My only wonder is will this be one thing after another even if we smooth things over now with these two? Makes me wonder if trade might be best in that scenerio.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Yes, especially if the draft picks are conditional ones.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

I like Jay a lot... he is a good kid who plays hard and that is the type of athlete I'd support on any team.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #9
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Depends on what team.

I'll say this: There would be a voice in the back of my head, hoping for his failure even if only so we could say "See? Trading him wasn't such a bad idea."
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Probably not, though I won't care much either way. My motto is pretty much "**** anyone not wearing orange and blue," so he'd have to do something pretty special to make me root for him. Right now, he's got a goofy attitude and a bowl haircut. Not going to get it done with that alone.

I still hope he stays, through all of this. I'll still be pretty stunned if he leaves, but if he does... it'll probably be the right move.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:43 AM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

if he is traded i hope he wins MVP's and Super Bowls so that the entire franchise from owner to the guy who cleans the toilets after games know that McDaniels made the most retarded decision a man in the NFL could make, and that our owner was stupid or drunk enough to allow it to happen.

if Jay is traded and goes on to have a great career like i truly believe he will, this trade will make the trades that got the Packers, Favre an 49ers, Young look genius in comparison. at least with those guys there wasn't a lot known about them before they were traded, but Jay is a 25 year old pro bowler, and unless he is traded and turns into Rex Grossman, this is always going to be the dumbest move in NFL history.

plus with him going out and having immediate success outside of Denver while Mcdaniels fields a team that will be lucky to go 4-12 the next couple years and be mediocre for the forseeable future just speeds up the process of McDaniels being canned.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #12
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Of course! But I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Urlacher punch him in the head a few times.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:12 AM   #13
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
if he is traded i hope he wins MVP's and Super Bowls so that the entire franchise from owner to the guy who cleans the toilets after games know that McDaniels made the most retarded decision a man in the NFL could make, and that our owner was stupid or drunk enough to allow it to happen.

if Jay is traded and goes on to have a great career like i truly believe he will, this trade will make the trades that got the Packers, Favre an 49ers, Young look genius in comparison. at least with those guys there wasn't a lot known about them before they were traded, but Jay is a 25 year old pro bowler, and unless he is traded and turns into Rex Grossman, this is always going to be the dumbest move in NFL history.

plus with him going out and having immediate success outside of Denver while Mcdaniels fields a team that will be lucky to go 4-12 the next couple years and be mediocre for the forseeable future just speeds up the process of McDaniels being canned.
You should change your handle to BroncoMan4AsLongAsCutlerIsTheQB
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You should change your handle to BroncoMan4AsLongAsCutlerIsTheQB
whoa now! i am not wishing bad on the Broncos. i am just a realist. Cutler is the only reason we haven't gone 4-12 each of the past 2 years. without him this team is screwed for the forseeable future. i am simply saying that if Cutler is traded(which will go down as the dumbest move ever made in NFL history) that i hope he performs like an MVP so that the inevitable firing of McDouche is moved up and we can get a new guy in here who is capable of being a coach for this team.

not once in my previous post did i say, i hope the team fails without Cutler. i just don't see us being any good or even decent without Jay.

no matter if Jay is kept or traded he will be fine because in 2 years he is still going to get paid big time. but this team won't be. without Jay, we are no better than the Chiefs(actually we are probably worse) but with him, we can be a playoff team.

on the other hand, get rid of McDouche and more than likely Dennison steps in, and we don't skip a beat. keep him and nothing changes.

Jay is the more important person in this dispute, and i would much rather see that McDouche was fired and Dennison or Nolan or whoever is our new HC, than see that McDouche still has a job here but has traded a 25 year old pro bowl QB.

i am a Broncos fan to the core. blue and orange flows in my veins. i cheer for the players, and could care less about the coaches.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:38 AM   #15
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

There should be an indifferent option. I wouldn't root for him to throw 5 picks in a game, or wish an injury on him, but I wouldn't say "rah rah Jay, lead the Lions to the promise land" either. Once a player leaves the Bronco organization, they're pretty irrelevant to me.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:04 AM   #16
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

There's only one party who's going to force a trade here and that is Cutler and his **** of an agent.

If he does that then he can **** right off, I wont be spending 10 seconds of my time on any **** who doesn't want to play for this team.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:28 AM   #17
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yes, especially if the draft picks are conditional ones.
Wait, if we got conditional picks in return, wouldn't you want Jay to fail so that we got higher draft picks?
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:28 AM   #18
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

I still have not decided on wether I like the new coach much, I don't agree with a lot of his moves, but I am not quiting. Sure he has done things that I dont like. However I think if I was a nfl QB and anyone offered a 1st a 9th and a QB for me that would be a complement. If I were a coach I sure as hell would talk to the person offering it to me.

I was behind Cutler at first, but I am sorry he is being a baby. I think he is one hell of a player and I think he is a top 5 Qb. If he quits on this team why the the hell would I wish him well?

I think its time for him to grow up, under stand that this is a buiseness and get on with it.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:46 AM   #19
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Yes to Cutler's success where ever that may be. Hopefully he can find a way to be happy here in Denver.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:04 AM   #20
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

If Jay runs himself out of town, he'll have shown that he isn't the type of player that leads teams to the promised land.

I'm sure he'll continue to put up numbers that make people fawn, but he'll never have team mates who will lay it all on the line for him.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #21
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

I absolutely would have wished him well elsewhere until he put on this baby act and started acting like his **** don't stink. If you're going to be a little b****-ass puppet, Jay, and follow the instructions of Bus Cook constantly, GTFO and EF OFF.

I'm so sick of this being a story, and I'm tired of being the New Raiders. Now that Jay is putting his house up for sale, the fact that he's doing it right now says a LOT about him and his character. He's a little ****ing b****.

"I'm not getting my way! Look what I'm going to do! I'm going to sell my Denver home! Because I wanna! Because (stomp feet) I'm not getting my way!!!"

Go **** yourself, Jay.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #22
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

As long as he isn't in KC/Oakland or any place I despise I can still root for him.

I would love to see him in the NFC with a team like Carolina, leading them to the super bowl with a great supporting cast that he never had here.

Hell, i'll be supporting Jay and Shanahan when they are elsewhere. Why not? These guys loved Denver and gave their all to the city. Bowlen screwed them and the city over in the long run by his idiotic inconsistent moves and motives. Now the drunk bastage is nowhere to be found and our franchise is slowly sinking like Atlantis.

I got off point. I'm pro-Cutler.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
whoa now! i am not wishing bad on the Broncos. i am just a realist. Cutler is the only reason we haven't gone 4-12 each of the past 2 years. without him this team is screwed for the forseeable future. i am simply saying that if Cutler is traded(which will go down as the dumbest move ever made in NFL history) that i hope he performs like an MVP so that the inevitable firing of McDouche is moved up and we can get a new guy in here who is capable of being a coach for this team.

not once in my previous post did i say, i hope the team fails without Cutler. i just don't see us being any good or even decent without Jay.

no matter if Jay is kept or traded he will be fine because in 2 years he is still going to get paid big time. but this team won't be. without Jay, we are no better than the Chiefs(actually we are probably worse) but with him, we can be a playoff team.

on the other hand, get rid of McDouche and more than likely Dennison steps in, and we don't skip a beat. keep him and nothing changes.

Jay is the more important person in this dispute, and i would much rather see that McDouche was fired and Dennison or Nolan or whoever is our new HC, than see that McDouche still has a job here but has traded a 25 year old pro bowl QB.

i am a Broncos fan to the core. blue and orange flows in my veins. i cheer for the players, and could care less about the coaches.
If Plummer had stayed, we would have had a better record. In fact, with Plummer at QB, we would have gone to the playoffs last season. There should have been another choice in this poll: Couldn't give a ****. That's how I feel. If Cutler and his agent force a trade, don't let the door hit you in the ass. I hope he goes to some perennial loser like Detroit and gets knocked out of the league in four years. Cutler should shut his agent and his own tears off for a few days and just contemplate the importance of an offensive line to a QB in the NFL. He has a chance to have a great career here in Denver. If he chooses to blow that up, **** him.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #24
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
As long as he isn't in KC/Oakland or any place I despise I can still root for him.

I would love to see him in the NFC with a team like Carolina, leading them to the super bowl with a great supporting cast that he never had here.

Hell, i'll be supporting Jay and Shanahan when they are elsewhere. Why not? These guys loved Denver and gave their all to the city. Bowlen screwed them and the city over in the long run by his idiotic inconsistent moves and motives. Now the drunk bastage is nowhere to be found and our franchise is slowly sinking like Atlantis.

I got off point. I'm pro-Cutler.
Gee, thanks for the update.

Cutler has perpetuated this situation and made it much much worse. The day after the trade didn't happen, word came from Dove Valley: WE ARE NOT TRADING JAY CUTLER.

Two days later, with rumors swirling, McD comes out and says "I don't know how else I can put this. We are not trading Jay Cutler. Period."

Then it comes out that Cutler is upset becuase they did attempt to trade him, and he's a sad ****ing panda with sand in his vag.

It's called crying over spilled milk. Little kids and San Diego Chargers do it. MEN do not.

I'm pro Cutler. I want him on this team. But not if he's going to act like a spoiled, selfish little girl.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:29 AM   #25
Drek
Ring of Famer

I honestly couldn't care less about Cutler already. I could say the same for any player on the Broncos roster really. I cheer for the laundry, when he stops wearing it he doesn't particularly matter to me at all.

Unless his performance or lack thereof improves our compensation. Then by all means I'll pull for him to succeed/fail royally depending on what better improves our compensation.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote