The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default Cutler meets McDaniels IN PERSON (Merged)

Cutler, McDaniels Meet; But It's Not Good

It appears the feud continues.

CBS4 Sports has learned Jay Cutler met face-to-face with head coach Josh McDaniels on Saturday morning. But the outcome was not good. We are told that much like last Monday's conference call between Cutler and the Broncos brass, Saturday's discussion did not go well. Cutler and the Broncos remain at odds.

The quarterback was scheduled to attend a "roast" for long-time Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos on Saturday night. But as guests began to arrive, we learned Cutler would not be coming. A Broncos spokesperson told media members who were gathered at the event that Cutler decided not to attend because he did not want the attention on him to overshadow the evening's festivities.

Sources tell CBS4 Sports that Cutler made his decision not to attend the event after the meeting with the Broncos went sour.

Now we await the next chapter in this soap opera. Monday morning, McDaniels will hold his first team meeting at Dove Valley. But will Cutler be there? A few days ago we were told Cutler was likely to report on Monday because he did not want to let down his teammates.

Now we're left to wonder if Saturday morning's meeting will make Cutler a Monday morning no-show.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler....2.958850.html

Now the question you ask yourself is... was his parents house put up for sale AFTER this meeting or before? If it's after I think we have an idea of what's happening Monday.

Seriously Mc****Tard needs to just stop with the hardass **** and remedy the situation. Fix the damn situation now. Blow him for all I care at this point, but the idea of Simms or some rookie or some reject from another team being our starting QB next year is unacceptable. You were hired to win now, and ****ing up the offense doesn't do that.

Cutler on the other hand needs to swallow his freaking pride and play his ass off so if another issue ever comes up, it's McTard's ass on the line and not his. Enough of the games and the behind the back signals. Show the **** up to the meeting monday, play for the fans and your teammates and have another Pro Bowl season. If you hand not hung up on Bowlen you probably would be fine now... afterall if the Owner like you and doesn't want to get rid of you, there's nothing to be worried about. Your days are #'ed in Denver if you don't show up now and show Mc****Tard up.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 03-14-2009 at 11:55 PM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #2
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I just read this.... I am ordering my Chris Simms jersey as we speak.
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default CBS4: McDaniels and Cutler met face-to-face Saturday morning, meeting didn't go well

Cutler, McDaniels Meet; But It's Not Good

It appears the feud continues.

CBS4 Sports has learned Jay Cutler met face-to-face with head coach Josh McDaniels on Saturday morning. But the outcome was not good. We are told that much like last Monday's conference call between Cutler and the Broncos brass, Saturday's discussion did not go well. Cutler and the Broncos remain at odds.

The quarterback was scheduled to attend a "roast" for long-time Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos on Saturday night. But as guests began to arrive, we learned Cutler would not be coming. A Broncos spokesperson told media members who were gathered at the event that Cutler decided not to attend because he did not want the attention on him to overshadow the evening's festivities.

Sources tell CBS4 Sports that Cutler made his decision not to attend the event after the meeting with the Broncos went sour.

Now we await the next chapter in this soap opera. Monday morning, McDaniels will hold his first team meeting at Dove Valley. But will Cutler be there? A few days ago we were told Cutler was likely to report on Monday because he did not want to let down his teammates.

Now we're left to wonder if Saturday morning's meeting will make Cutler a Monday morning no-show.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler....2.958850.html
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

The question you have to ask is this.... Which person gave an interview, Jay or Josh If neither one of them did CBS sports is full of BS and whom ever did talk... if at all will catch the full wrath of the other.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Honestly I could care less anymore. What's done is done, it is what it is. Start OTA's and if he shows cool, if not i'm sure everyones balls will still have sweat on them.

Time to move on and discuss something with actual relevence.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Don't let the screen door pop your ass on the way out, Jay. **** his prima donna ****. Anyone taking his side puts individuals before the team, period.
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #8
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

The trade for Quinn and Rodgers is starting to look better every day.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:23 AM   #9
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Does make you wonder if the meeting Monday is too address the team about Cutler's future.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:36 AM   #10
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

"Listen Jay. We're in a tough situation here because I didn't handle this right from the outset. Not that I think that you handled it great, but hear me out. I should have been the first person you heard about these deals from, not the grapevine. That's on me. I take full responsibility for my lack of communication with you, and I'm sorry."
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #11
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Screw this, I'm goin fishing with Shanahan.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #12
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Screw this, I'm goin fishing with Shanahan.
Don't forget to take a turkey sandwich.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #13
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

His favorite.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:41 AM   #14
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
"Listen Jay. We're in a tough situation here because I didn't handle this right from the outset. Not that I think that you handled it great, but hear me out. I should have been the first person you heard about these deals from, not the grapevine. That's on me. I take full responsibility for my lack of communication with you, and I'm sorry."
Wrong. What Jay should have said:

"I am going to be an adult about this and move on. I know I'm not above the team and that anyone can be traded given the right deal. I apologize for causing this mess by crying and thinking I'm above the team. I look forward to working with you in the future and trying to win a championship. I will work hard to cut down on my costly mistakes and to play within your system which is a proven winner."
Old 03-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #15
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:

".... oh, and I'm wondering if you need me to wash your car or perhaps you'd like to borrow my wife? Beyond that, I'd just like to thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your franchise. Mr. Bowlen and I are forever in your debt, and we look forward to being humble underlings, going forward. Please let me know when you'd like to start conditioning and practice, and I'll let the team know. I would like to keep my whistle, if possible... but I say that with great respect, so please don't take that wrong....."
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #16
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post

"I am going to be an adult about this and move on. I know I'm not above the team and that anyone can be traded given the right deal. I apologize for causing this mess by crying and thinking I'm above the team. I look forward to working with you in the future and trying to win a championship. I will work hard to cut down on my costly mistakes and to play within your system which is a proven winner."
And here's what Pat should have said:

"Good Lord........even Tommy Bowden wouldn't have ****ed everything up this bad".

Old 03-15-2009, 12:43 AM   #17
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

If Jay thought he was above the team, that would be a good thing for him to say.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #18
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Honestly... this is really ****in' hilarious.

I guess it's for real. I can't tell 100%, but either way... it's epic.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #19
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If Jay thought he was above the team, that would be a good thing for him to say.
It's pretty clear he did.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #20
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
And here's what Pat should have said:

"Good Lord........even Tommy Bowden wouldn't have ****ed everything up this bad".

Now, c'mon, SoCal. No one can **** up as bad as Tommy. Not even Jerry Glanville for godsake
Old 03-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Honestly... this is really ****in' hilarious.

I guess it's for real. I can't tell 100%, but either way... it's epic.

It's totally for real. I think Josh should man up to his mistake.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #22
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Now, c'mon, SoCal. No one can **** up as bad as Tommy. Not even Jerry Glanville for godsake
I'd actually much rather have Tommy in charge than our very own little Caligula. Hell I'd take Dabo Swinney in a heartbeat, too.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:47 AM   #23
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm less and less impressed with McDaniels every day.

I've come to terms that perhaps it was time for Shanny to be moved, but it doesn't look like McDaniels is the guy if he can't even resolve this issue.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #24
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's totally for real. I think Josh should man up to his mistake.
Except he didn't make a mistake. Unless you can prove he lied to Jay, which you seem to assume he did but have yet to provide any proof of.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #25
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'd actually much rather have Tommy in charge than our very own little Caligula. Hell I'd take Dabo Swinney in a heartbeat, too.
We refer to Dabo as "Coach Pfife" around here. He's a damn goober. But, hell, you can't help but love the guy. I think he'll do OK for us. Can't be worse than Tommy, whom I refer to as the George W. Bush of college coaches.