The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How many of you want to dump McDaniels right now?
Keep McDaniels 79 54.11%
Get rid of him 67 45.89%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default How many of you want to dump McDaniels right now?

After our 2006 playoff loss (you guys remember that "playoff" thing, right?), a lot of Chiefsplanet members actually were ready to dump Herm Edwards immediately. Turns out most of them were in the right.

McDaniels has only been hired a few months but apparently a lot of you are not too happy with him. I realize this poll is bordering on the absurd, but hey, in that case who better to post it?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Obviously, I went with the "Get Rid of Him" option.

It was an easy choice to make, without hesitation.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Obviously, I went with the "Get Rid of Him" option.

It was an easy choice to make, without hesitation.
Agreed.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I can't pick either option really. I'm not a big fan of McDaniels for the most part, but I'd like to wait and see until after the draft.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The people who didn't like McDaniels in the beginning are voting on a poll from a Chief fan laughing that you bozos are in hysteria and voting in a way he would like you to vote by the way. Great going there fellas, really smart. Way to be tools.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The people who didn't like McDaniels in the beginning are voting on a poll from a Chief fan laughing that you bozos are in hysteria and voting in a way he would like you to vote by the way. Great going there fellas, really smart. Way to be tools.
People are voting how they feel. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Until i can see what he does on the field i want to keep him. If we dont make the playoffs this year i wont be too happy.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
How many of you would like to take a dump on my face?

You sick bastard.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
After our 2006 playoff loss (you guys remember that "playoff" thing, right?), a lot of Chiefsplanet members actually were ready to dump Herm Edwards immediately. Turns out most of them were in the right.

McDaniels has only been hired a few months but apparently a lot of you are not too happy with him. I realize this poll is bordering on the absurd, but hey, in that case who better to post it?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! A chiefs fan telling us about the playoffs? ha, why don't you try to win a playoff game this century...
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Until i can see what he does on the field i want to keep him. If we dont make the playoffs this year i wont be too happy.
So you haven't been happy with Shanny for a number of years, yes?
Old 03-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #11
arghemtee
say "NO!" to tyranny

FIRE MCDIP****

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am not a fan of his signings so far, plus the Cutler fiasco? I rather see him kicked out of Denver for life.However, Pat Bowlen is obviously behind McDaniels or else this wouldn't have happened. Like it or not, we're stuck with this douche.
arghemtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #12
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
So you haven't been happy with Shanny for a number of years, yes?
Frustrated with him? Absolutely. But seeing now McD was brought in to win now i expect more than what Shanny was doing. We were almost playoff bound last year with one of the worst defenses in the league. So i expect better and immediate results this year going forward.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Frustrated with him? Absolutely. But seeing now McD was brought in to win now i expect more than what Shanny was doing. We were almost playoff bound last year with one of the worst defenses in the league. So i expect better and immediate results this year going forward.

So if we improve on offensive scoring, and improve on defense in points allowed but still manage to miss the playoff, you won't see that as an improvement? So it's playoffs or bust for you?
Old 03-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Also, if we have a 3 game lead in the division with 3 to go and totally screw it up like last season, then bash away at McD.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
arghemtee
say "NO!" to tyranny

FIRE MCDIP****

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We almost made the playoffs with Jay Cutler leading this team. Without Jay? We probably go 4-12.

Our defense isn't much better, our offense (if losing Jay) will be worse. I don't see how ANYBODY can say we'll do better than we did last year.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #16
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You sick bastard.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #17
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
So if we improve on offensive scoring, and improve on defense in points allowed but still manage to miss the playoff, you won't see that as an improvement? So it's playoffs or bust for you?
Yea, pretty much. Bowlen wanted to replace Shanahan because of the mediocrity that had been shadowing this franchise. Again, we went 8-8 with the worse defense in the league and still almost made the playoffs. There's nowhere to go but up. Instead of blowing the last 3 games of the year we should be winning them this year. We have a bonafide DC now, we've kicked out the trash that we called talent on defense. We have a HC who is the offensive braintrust of the New England Patriots and can work magic with just about any QB. There's absolutely no reason this team should go worse than 8-8 this let alone miss the playoffs. Its been done in Bmore, Atlanta, and Miami with new young HC's so if we can almost get there with one of the worst defenses in the league we should get there with a much improved defense. We may not win that playoff game but i do expect to be there or else i consider it a failure. Remember, this is about winning and not settling for mediocrity.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
Popps
It's so easy

Hey jiggles,

You remember anyone else on the internets telling you that you never should have even HIRED Edwards?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #19
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghemtee View Post
We almost made the playoffs with Jay Cutler leading this team. Without Jay? We probably go 4-12.

Our defense isn't much better, our offense (if losing Jay) will be worse. I don't see how ANYBODY can say we'll do better than we did last year.
Maybe, but we have Josh McDaniels. The guy who made Matt Cassell a household name and a bonafide star. He takes the average and makes them god. Simms will be a pro bowler this year, just wait and see.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #20
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

The orangemane has been Split into two sides.The Side of Cutler and The side of McDaniels,and oh yea a K.C fan holding a poll on which side to take this is indeed a dark day in Orangemane history
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #21
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Yea, pretty much. Bowlen wanted to replace Shanahan because of the mediocrity that had been shadowing this franchise. Again, we went 8-8 with the worse defense in the league and still almost made the playoffs. There's nowhere to go but up. Instead of blowing the last 3 games of the year we should be winning them this year. We have a bonafide DC now, we've kicked out the trash that we called talent on defense. We have a HC who is the offensive braintrust of the New England Patriots and can work magic with just about any QB. There's absolutely no reason this team should go worse than 8-8 this let alone miss the playoffs. Its been done in Bmore, Atlanta, and Miami with new young HC's so if we can almost get there with one of the worst defenses in the league we should get there with a much improved defense. We may not win that playoff game but i do expect to be there or else i consider it a failure. Remember, this is about winning and not settling for mediocrity.

So you are playoffs or bust regardless of what improvements are made on both sides of the ball? How bout 10-6 and we still miss the playoffs because we tie with SD again this year and they get the tie breaker again.

Something tells me that if Shanny was still here, and we get the same kind of improvements(hypotheticly) that I stated with McD but still miss the playoffs, you would jumping in the bed with Shanny about how much better the team was.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #22
arghemtee
say "NO!" to tyranny

FIRE MCDIP****

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Maybe, but we have Josh McDaniels. The guy who made Matt Cassell a household name and a bonafide star. He takes the average and makes them god. Simms will be a pro bowler this year, just wait and see.
Great sarcasm.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #23
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I hadn't even considered the possibility that you guys might miss the playoffs...AGAIN...
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #24
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
So you are playoffs or bust regardless of what improvements are made on both sides of the ball? How bout 10-6 and we still miss the playoffs because we tie with SD again this year and they get the tie breaker again.

Something tells me that if Shanny was still here, and we get the same kind of improvements(hypotheticly) that I stated with McD but still miss the playoffs, you would jumping in the bed with Shanny about how much better the team was.

I would be with Shanahan because i already knew that he was rebuilding from the ground up. But time ran out for him so i understand the decision to remove him. However, if your going to replace someone like that than you better be sure its a guy who can get you over the top. I probably wouldnt make a huge stink about 10-6 so you do have a valid point there. But if its worse than 8-8 i dont think there would really need to be a discussion on that.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #25
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm willing to give McDaniels a chance. I can't say that I've been thrilled with what we've seen thus far - but really, I'm only disappointed in two things - the major thing being his fumbling of the Cutler fiasco, and the relatively minor thing being the whole long snapper deal. The rest is all stuff that I'd have expected out of Shanahan - for the most part they're marginal signings that we all hope work out. The real juice will be draft day, and I'm pretty optimistic about it.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote