The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default We should of hired Spagnuolo

I know for a fact he would of fixed the defense and kept Bates,and oh yea not turn our team into the Denver Patriots.Pat Bowen made a bad move,everyone in Denver and the United States knows that all we needed was a good Defense,not try to trade our Franchise quarterback for a one year wonder.If Mcdickhole trades Cutler it will be one of the worst moves in Bronco history!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Pretty much any of the main candidates out there would have been an improvement over what we have now.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Whaa.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Spag or Rex Ryan would have been nice. I feel confident that we would have been fine on offense with Bates calling the plays for his second year. With a healthy running game and another year to grow we would have fixed the Red Zone issue.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
If Mcdickhole trades Cutler it will be one of the worst moves in NFL history!
Fixed.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
I know for a fact he would of fixed the defense and kept Bates,and oh yea not turn our team into the Denver Patriots.Pat Bowen made a bad move,everyone in Denver and the United States knows that all we needed was a good Defense,not try to trade our Franchise quarterback for a one year wonder.If Mcdickhole trades Cutler it will be one of the worst moves in Bronco history!
I wanted Spagnuolo and was not overly happy when McDaniels was selected, but there's no indication that Spagnuolo would've left well enough alone on offense. Afterall, he's already sent Holt and Pace packing in St. Louis and those guys were sacred cows there.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
I wanted Spagnuolo and was not overly happy when McDaniels was selected, but there's no indication that Spagnuolo would've left well enough alone on offense. Afterall, he's already sent Holt and Pace packing in St. Louis and those guys were sacred cows there.
The only deference being that those two are past their prime and injury prone.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Yeah, it's not too early at all. And if McDaniels does a good, job, ya'll will be lickin his balls like b****es.

Idiots run the mane.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
wandlc
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Spag or Rex Ryan would have been nice. I feel confident that we would have been fine on offense with Bates calling the plays for his second year. With a healthy running game and another year to grow we would have fixed the Red Zone issue.
A healthy RB would have fixed the "redzone" issue. Until Hillis got hurt the Broncos were 8th in the league in redzone efficiency. I am getting tired of people having a pet game stat or selective memory, that they push to make their point, instead of actually knowing what happened.
wandlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
The only deference being that those two are past their prime and injury prone.
The point was that the whole "no one is untouchable" attitude would've came with him here as well.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Pace and Holt were getting old and i don't think Spag would send Marshall and Clady packing...
Old 03-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

At this point, I think Cutler was and is a timebomb. He was looking for an excuse to create this situation.
Wes Mantooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #13
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
At this point, I think Cutler was and is a timebomb. He was looking for an excuse to create this situation.
I agree with you. Reportedly Cutler wasn't happy with Shanahan and Bates being gone and I believe Cutler is looking for any reason to be mad at with the current coach and regime.

A coach stating he wants his QB to reduce turnovers hardly warrants a response of anger from the QB.

But they are actions of someone who lacks maturity however and upset he didn't get his way.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #14
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

How does anyone know for a fact what 2 first time coaches will do?
Yes I wanted Spags over McDaniels but to say he would've done this and that is stupid.

Of course I wish things were handled differently between McDaniels and Cutler and think both are wrong in some aspects but if he makes the D respectable and brings this team to a 10-6/11-5 record with a possible playoff berth I think a lot of people on here will be singing a different tune.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #15
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
100% agree. We wouldn't have to blow EVERYTHING up under Spags on defense. I think Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas, Tim Crowder, Carlton Powell, and Dumervil would have benefited greatly from Spags.

And Cutler wouldn't be crying because Jeremy Bates probably would still be our offensive coordinator.

Spags was my first choice after Shanahan got fired and McDaniels and Jason Garrett were the LAST 2 people I wanted to see Denver go after.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #16
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I agree with you. Reportedly Cutler wasn't happy with Shanahan and Bates being gone and I believe Cutler is looking for any reason to be mad at with the current coach and regime.

A coach stating he wants his QB to reduce turnovers hardly warrants a response of anger from the QB.

But they are actions of someone who lacks maturity however and upset he didn't get his way.
I still feel that a lot of this has to do with Bus Cook milking the situation for all it's worth.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #17
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not to mention defensive-minded head coaches are especially concerned with having a QB who commits turnovers and puts the defense in bad spots and most times, like to run more conservative type offenses. Would Cutler be happy with that?
Old 03-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Pat Bowen made a bad move,everyone in Denver and the United States knows that all we needed was a good Defense,not try to trade our Franchise quarterback for a one year wonder.If Mcdickhole trades Cutler it will be one of the worst moves in Bronco history!
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #19
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Not to mention defensive-minded head coaches are especially concerned with having a QB who commits turnovers and puts the defense in bad spots and most times, like to run more conservative type offenses. Would Cutler be happy with that?
Last Year our Defense put us in a bad spot by just showing up,Cutler had to drop 30 to win like 6 or 7 games.I say 8 of his 18 INT was trying to bring the team back.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #20
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I know for a fact he would of fixed the defense and kept Bates
no you don't.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #21
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Last Year our Defense put us in a bad spot by just showing up,Cutler had to drop 30 to win like 6 or 7 games.I say 8 of his 18 INT was trying to bring the team back.
You aren't going to get me to defend the crappy defense. But I find it amazing people actually believe because the Broncos were to have hired someone else that Cutler would be automatically happy and that somehow know that Bates would have been kept. Like anyone knows that and like I stated, defensive-minded head coaches tend not to be pass-happy and tend to value QB's more who do not rurn the ball over than ones that put up big numbers.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Good luck finding a quote from Cutler about this. You are taking a third party report with no quotes or even a hint of a substantiated report as gospel. Bad call right there.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #23
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post

Whaa.
ok, this looks so much like my oldest one at this age... it's a little creepy.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #24
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
no you don't.
I'm a psychic trust me i know.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #25
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Holt wanted out even last year and I'm not sure that Pace was too keen on staying in STL either..
BTW --we almost like the same teams---HUGE Flyers fan here too--But I like the Orioles in Baseball
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote