The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default Quarteback EGO TRIPS ... worse than Jay, with happy endings

1983: John Elway of Stanford pouts when it looks like the Baltimore Colts will draft him with the 1st overall pick. He can't stand Robert Irsay and Frank Kush, and says he will play baseball if the Colts draft him. The COLTS DRAFT HIM ANYWAY.
Elway's entire foot-stamping ego tantrum happened BEFORE he ever takes an NFL snap. But Elway gets what he wants - a trade - and leads his new team to a Super Bowl in just his 4th season, on his way to becoming an all-time Top 5 QB.

2004: Eli Manning of Ol' Miss pouts when it looks like the San Diego Chargers will draft him with the 1st overall pick. He just doesn't want to play in San Diego, and says he will hold out if the Chargers draft him. The CHARGERS DRAFT HIM ANYWAY.
Eli's entire foot-stamping ego tantrum happened BEFORE he ever takes and NFL snap. But Eli gets what he wants - a trade - and leads his new team to a Super Bowl in just his 4th season, on his way to becoming a Pro-Bowl QB.

Jay's tantrum looks pretty mild in comparison ... let's hope for a happy ending.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

I read happy endings and expected something completely different.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

The exceptions only prove the rule.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
I read happy endings and expected something completely different.
I knew somebody would say that .... but I hoped it wouldn't be the FIRST response

Let's hope JAY GETS WHAT HE WANTS, that is NOT to be traded. And then he can lead us to a Super Bowl in his 4th season, too. 2009!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Yeah, but in both of those cases the pouting QB wound up being traded to another team. IMO trading Cutler to another team is not a happy ending.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWYO View Post
Yeah, but in both of those cases the pouting QB wound up being traded to another team. IMO trading Cutler to another team is not a happy ending.
Yeah, but we're talking about giving the egotistical QB what he wants ... and what Cutler wants is NOT to be traded. Let's give him what he wants. At least he's shown he can play at a high level in this league already.

Pat Bowlen should step in and announce Jay WILL NOT be traded. A non-binding promise that would let Jay save face.

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 03-13-2009 at 03:31 PM..
Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I knew somebody would say that .... but I hoped it wouldn't be the FIRST response

Let's hope JAY GETS WHAT HE WANTS, that is NOT to be traded. And then he can lead us to a Super Bowl in his 4th season, too. 2009!
If he wants to NOT be traded he sure has a funny way of saying "I'm all in Josh". They teach strange things at Vandy.
ol number 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Yeah, but we're talking about giving the egotistical QB what he wants ... and what Cutler wants is NOT to be traded. Let's give him what he wants. At least he's shown he can play at a high level in this league already.

Pat Bowlen should step in and announce Jay WILL NOT be traded. A non-binding promise that would let Jay save face.

I think Jays going to have a difficult time explaining this hissy fit. At least to any real men.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

They said loud and clear "NO" Jay will not be traded!

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #10
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Is there a massage parlor in Denver where Jay could go get a happy ending? Might calm him down some, bring him to his senses. Maybe he and Josh McD could go together, break the ice, then get some happy endings. Hell, bring Xanders and Bowlen along, too. I'm sure they have booze at those places.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Is there a massage parlor in Denver where Jay could go get a happy ending? Might calm him down some, bring him to his senses. Maybe he and Josh McD could go together, break the ice, then get some happy endings. Hell, bring Xanders and Bowlen along, too. I'm sure they have booze at those places.
Maybe Josh should buy Jay's house
Old 03-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol number 7 View Post
If he wants to NOT be traded he sure has a funny way of saying "I'm all in Josh". They teach strange things at Vandy.
I think you're turning the issue upside down ... Jay was torqued they were trying to trade him without informing him, and then that they lied to hm about it (his version).

So he's pissed because he DOESN'T want to be traded.

If Bowlen just ends the problem by announcing, "Jay will not be traded," then Jay can come back in and save face.

As far as Josh, ferhevvinsakes Bowlen has already given him carte blanche ... full "Shanahan Power" to a 33-year old kid with no front office experience. So Josh should just shut up and say, "fine with me, we never wanted to trade him anyway."

That way everybody wins. Kinda like Elway and Eli

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 03-13-2009 at 04:08 PM..
Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #13
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
So he's pissed because he DOESN'T want to be traded.
Face it guys, he's pissed that someone would have the audacity to even consider trading him. The rest is just rhetoric jousted out there by his agent.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
So Josh should just shut up and say, "fine with me, we never wanted to trade him anyway."
[/COLOR]
Um, didn't Josh already say he wasn't going to trade him?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #15
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Face it guys, he's pissed that someone would have the audacity to even consider trading him. The rest is just rhetoric jousted out there by his agent.
This is exactly what Popps says, and I'm not buying it.

Jay was resigned to being traded there for awhile when this whole first broke. He was p.o.'d that (he thought) they lied to him, but he seemed resigned they were gonna move him.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #16
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

so you think that Jay Cutler doesn't want to be traded and that's all this hissy is about...does the fact that the team has told him that they never actively tried to trade him and have no intention of trading him have any sway with you at all, this is what McDaniels says, this is what Xanders says, this is what Bowlen says, but it's not what you believe?

Jay wasn't happy about Shanny getting ****canned and he wasn't happy that Bates left cause he wasn't going to get to run the offense, and he's not happy because his ego was insulted that Denver would even consider listening to trade offers.

Jay wants a happy ending all right. He wants one at the end of his public four hand massage from McDaniels and Bowlen.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #17
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes, but evidently Jay thinks he's lying as does at least a portion of the fan base. Personally, I don't think he had any intentions of trading Jay. I do think the other teams approached assuming with McDaniels as head coach they might have a better shot at getting him then if they had approached Shanny. Now, though because Jay seems to love opening his mouth to the press it is all over the place. This is more annoying then the last 4 years of "Will Brett retire or won't he?" But the way it was done was about the same, both sides kept letting stuff leak and made it worse in doing so. At this point its all speculation, I just hope if Jay is coming back this hasn't poisoned the pool so much that our team can't get it's collective crap together to win some games. Fact is, no player is entitled to a job in the NFL and for the salary they are getting, particulary in an awful economy where 8% of people are unemployed they should shut up and be greatful to have jobs. That kids is a spoiled brat, who needs to put up or shut up. Yes he has potential, yes he has a great arm, so what, if the team and fanbase are thrown into a tizzy everytime that whiny little unprofessional baby opens his mouth. Be entitled when you get something done. Here's to hoping his 4th year will be successful and this idiotic brouhaha will soon be an unpleasant memory.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #18
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
That's what Josh SAYS, but the facts under that statement indicate otherwise. The word from the conference call - even the tamer version - was that they reiterated that no player was untradeable and Jay would recieve no assurances, etc.

To wit: Montrose's thread about highgly-placed sources who say McDanielks won;t flinch, and would not hesitate to trade Jay:
Quote:
According to multiple NFL sources with knowledge of the situation, no amount of protesting is going to make McDaniels regret his decision to attempt to trade Cutler two weeks ago as part of a deal that would have brought Matt Cassel -- whom McDaniels helped mold into a highly-effective starter last season when they were with the New England Patriots -- to Denver.

Nor will it prompt the Broncos' new coach to seek to patch things up with Cutler, who is still smoldering about being the subject of trade talk.

"You will not see (McDaniels) flinch," one league source said. "I guarantee you this: He's in control of that situation. If this is a story about who is running that team, the last person in the world I'm going to alienate is a new coach in the first year of a four-year, multimillion-dollar deal.

"Last year, as an offensive coordinator in New England, he lost maybe the greatest quarterback in football (Tom Brady, to a season-ending knee injury). Then he turned a backup who hadn't started a game since high school into one of the top quarterbacks in the league. Josh is not frightened to go to the bench, if he has to."
So maybe Josh is saying he won't trade him, but just beneath the surface, he will.

AND AGAIN for the UMPTEENTH TIME: Why TF is 33-year-old ZERO FO EXPERIENCE Josh given Shanahan powewr here? Where is Xanders?