The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Just got back from the Broncos Boys & Girls Club Youth of the Year Dinner

A little off topic I suppose, but it was a great evening headed by Tom Graham giving an awesome speech to the kids on behalf of his son's foundation. It was really exciting to see so many young people who could easily be led astray growing up in Montbello that are headed towards success thanks to the club and the Broncos. As a PR guy I know that these are the types of things that all teams do to reach out to their community, but in the time I've been volunteering there it's apparent the Broncos genuinely care about the club (in fact, they're the only NFL team to sponsor a Boys & Girls Club). Sitting in the D-Will Center with kids who could easily be getting involved in gangs, drugs, etc. - I was so happy as I'm sure D-Will was looking down on all of the kids with joy.

Obviously they'll probably never read this but I wish I could throw a special thank you to the Broncos most active at the club - Daniel Graham, Brandon Marshall and Elvis Dumervil. Anyhow, with so much negativity going on with the Cutler-situation, I just wanted to pass along the positive word to Broncos fans. Tonight, I'm damn proud to be a Broncos fan.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Hear, hear! Good to know.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Did Brandon eat any of the kids?

Dan Graham rules!
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
Nah. I think he smacked a couple of the girls around, but the cops got there in time to break it up.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

On the serious side, very cool Montrose. Sounds like a great situation.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post

Dan Graham rules!
Marshall is still rehabbing that arm and babies have stem cells. it is a necessary part of his diet.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 10-18-2013 at 05:57 PM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
A little off topic I suppose, but it was a great evening headed by Tom Graham giving an awesome speech to the kids on behalf of his son's foundation. It was really exciting to see so many young people who could easily be led astray growing up in Montbello that are headed towards success thanks to the club and the Broncos. As a PR guy I know that these are the types of things that all teams do to reach out to their community, but in the time I've been volunteering there it's apparent the Broncos genuinely care about the club (in fact, they're the only NFL team to sponsor a Boys & Girls Club). Sitting in the D-Will Center with kids who could easily be getting involved in gangs, drugs, etc. - I was so happy as I'm sure D-Will was looking down on all of the kids with joy.

Obviously they'll probably never read this but I wish I could throw a special thank you to the Broncos most active at the club - Daniel Graham, Brandon Marshall and Elvis Dumervil. Anyhow, with so much negativity going on with the Cutler-situation, I just wanted to pass along the positive word to Broncos fans. Tonight, I'm damn proud to be a Broncos fan.
Very cool. Good for the Broncos players and the organization. Makes me proud to be a Broncos fan.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote