The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default And with the 12th pick the Broncos select.....

TYSON JACKSON

If we are unable to move down, I think the Broncos reach just a tad and take Tyson Jackson. I think he could be had around #15-20 but the Dline is where we need the most help. I'm gonna go ahead and call it. I think it just makes the most sense. To me it's the safest pick we could make. He's 6'4 and 295 and would be the ideal DE in a 3-4. He would lock down the running game on his side of the field pretty much.

The reason I don't say LB or NT is I think it's possible that we could trade something like a 4th round pick and swap 2nd's to move up in the 2nd to snag one of the left over backers, maybe Mathews will still be there, or Laurinaitis or a NT such as Brace or Jerry, who ever is left on the board between those two.

If we don't take Jackson for whatever reason, my alternate is Davis. I think the Jenkins workout is a cover for the guy we would rather have, and that is Davis.

So again, I think McD wants in this order:

1) Move down (if we can)
2) Tyson Jackson #12 (if we can't move down)
3) Vontae Davis #12 (if we can't move down)

Just remember you saw it here first
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

I like 1 and 2 but hell double no on Vontae Davis. Midget CB who comes from the same family tree as Vernon Davis who has tanked.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
I like 1 and 2 but hell double no on Vontae Davis. Midget CB who comes from the same family tree as Vernon Davis who has tanked.
Not only has he tanked, but yeah apparently word on the street is that Vonte has a HUGE attitude. This guy is another "ME" player.Just say no. Bad Attitude

As for the prediction, Meh, i like many think DEN should go in another direction, and that theres plenty of DE's for the Nolans 3-4 in later rounds where DEN can get much better value.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
So just because they are related means he will suck? So because Boss Baily sucks that means Champ should suck to using your logic.

Davis is 5'11 203 - how is that a midget for a CB? He is easily the most athletic CB in the draft and I've seen him in the top 15 on a ton of mock drafts, and usually ahead of Jenkins.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
So just because they are related means he will suck? So because Boss Baily sucks that means Champ should suck to using your logic.

Davis is 5'11 203 - how is that a midget for a CB? He is easily the most athletic CB in the draft and I've seen him in the top 15 on a ton of mock drafts, and usually ahead of Jenkins.
No the family tree argument doesn't hold much water, but the fact that Vontae has a hot and cold motor does. No way I take him at 12. He's a self centered athlete all the way. And that way is not the New Rocky Mtn Patriot Way.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Not only has he tanked, but yeah apparently word on the street is that Vonte has a HUGE attitude. This guy is another "ME" player.Just say no. Bad Attitude

As for the prediction, Meh, i like many think DEN should go in another direction, and that theres plenty of DE's for the Nolans 3-4 in later rounds where DEN can get much better value.
Randy Moss was the same way but when you have a strong minded HC such as McD appears to be, I don't think he will have a long leash. You could say alot of players in the draft have big egos. I mean, they are college guys going into the NFL, sure they think they are big time.

I hear what you are saying about the value part in regards to the 3-4 DE. That is why I picked an alternate position that has high value on it, such as CB.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Randy Moss was the same way but when you have a strong minded HC such as McD appears to be, I don't think he will have a long leash. You could say alot of players in the draft have big egos. I mean, they are college guys going into the NFL, sure they think they are big time.

I hear what you are saying about the value part in regards to the 3-4 DE. That is why I picked an alternate position that has high value on it, such as CB.
I hear ya. Theres a couple guys that post here that live in Chi town and have watched Vonte. Apparently hes just a real A-hole. I am basing alot of this on their opinion. Sorta like Mesean last year, so who knows
Old 03-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
Triplelefthook
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i think we will take Jackson also. Jackson in the first, Brace in the second.
Triplelefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
Anaximines
Anaximines

Anaximines

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

I'll puke if we pick VD
Anaximines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I think it gets traded in a draft day trade for Peppers. Total off the wall prediction there. That and it won't involve Cutler. I also think that if Cutler is gone look for the team to take a serious look at Nate Davis for QB.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

I'm not high on Jackson like most people here are. With the 12th pick, I don't think you don't take a guy that has an inconsistent motor. He takes plays off, and disappears at times during games.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #12
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
I think it gets traded in a draft day trade for Peppers. Total off the wall prediction there. That and it won't involve Cutler. I also think that if Cutler is gone look for the team to take a serious look at Nate Davis for QB.
Well if Cutler is gone you can throw everything out the kitchen sink. Our draft will probably be based around picking Stafford if we can. I don't think we could head into the next season with Nate and Simms as our QB's. No way.

This is gonna be fun. I know this trade Jay BS is like a dark cloud and some people are still miffed over Shanny leaving but for the first time in a long long time I think our defense is on it's way to being much improved. I was just so sick of the musical DC's every year and horrid special teams to with it. I have been wanting to go to the 3-4 for a long long time and get some Orange Crush feeling back to Denver. I think McD and Nolan are gonna do great things. Can't wait till the draft.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #13
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I wouldnt get Tyson Jackson when i can get Ricky Jean-Francois in the third. Trust me I live in New Orleans and a LSU fan and I know Ricky Jean-Francois is a WWAAAYYY better player with more upside than tyson. Dont get me wrong tyson is a consistent player but he's more like a marcus spears type of player. But my first pick would be either B.J. Raji (Ron Brace if he isnt) or Malcom Jenkins as a safety/conerback.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #14
Punisher
The Horsemen Are coming

For You WOOOOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

And with the 12th pick the Broncos select.... STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!!!!!

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Well if Cutler is gone you can throw everything out the kitchen sink. Our draft will probably be based around picking Stafford if we can. I don't think we could head into the next season with Nate and Simms as our QB's. No way.

This is gonna be fun. I know this trade Jay BS is like a dark cloud and some people are still miffed over Shanny leaving but for the first time in a long long time I think our defense is on it's way to being much improved. I was just so sick of the musical DC's every year and horrid special teams to with it. I have been wanting to go to the 3-4 for a long long time and get some Orange Crush feeling back to Denver. I think McD and Nolan are gonna do great things. Can't wait till the draft.

I dont think ive ever agreed with you. and i still dont. If Cutler is gone, there is no reason to take stafford! NONE! If you wanted a QB in the first round, KEEP THE ONE YOU HAVE AND MAKE HIM PLAY. If you want to trade him for picks, you better build that D. Draft a QB in the midrounds
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:02 AM   #16
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Malcolm Jenkins........
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #17
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
And with the 12th pick the Broncos select.... STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!!!!!

HAHAHA, next year when he sacks Phillip Rivers he'll give him his patented move, the stone cold stunner
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #18
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont think ive ever agreed with you. and i still dont. If Cutler is gone, there is no reason to take stafford! NONE! If you wanted a QB in the first round, KEEP THE ONE YOU HAVE AND MAKE HIM PLAY. If you want to trade him for picks, you better build that D. Draft a QB in the midrounds
I don't think i've ever agreed with you. But you're right on this
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #19
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

They won't take Davis that early. Jenkins on the other hand...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:06 AM   #20
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
TYSON JACKSON

If we are unable to move down, I think the Broncos reach just a tad and take Tyson Jackson. I think he could be had around #15-20 but the Dline is where we need the most help. I'm gonna go ahead and call it. I think it just makes the most sense. To me it's the safest pick we could make. He's 6'4 and 295 and would be the ideal DE in a 3-4. He would lock down the running game on his side of the field pretty much.

The reason I don't say LB or NT is I think it's possible that we could trade something like a 4th round pick and swap 2nd's to move up in the 2nd to snag one of the left over backers, maybe Mathews will still be there, or Laurinaitis or a NT such as Brace or Jerry, who ever is left on the board between those two.

If we don't take Jackson for whatever reason, my alternate is Davis. I think the Jenkins workout is a cover for the guy we would rather have, and that is Davis.

So again, I think McD wants in this order:

1) Move down (if we can)
2) Tyson Jackson #12 (if we can't move down)
3) Vontae Davis #12 (if we can't move down)

Just remember you saw it here first
Obviously, we have no idea what type of player our coaches are looking for. It will be very interesting to see how the top 10 shakes out.

1. Does Stafford go #1?
2. Is there an early rush on OTs?
3. Where does Raji go?
4. Do Crabtree & Maclin slide?

It will all be very interesting to see how it shakes out. However, I think with the players we have (and the players we have signed) we have quite a few players that would seemingly project at 3-4 DE.

99 Askew, Matthias DT 6' 5" 302 26 3rd
93 Clemons, Nic DT 6' 6" 300 28 2nd
*96 Crowder, Tim DE 6' 4" 275 23 2nd
98 McBean, Ryan DE 6' 5" 290 24 2nd
90 Peterson, Kenny DL 6' 3" 300 30 6th
75 Powell, Carlton DT 6' 3" 300 23 R
*95 Reid, Darrell DL/LB 6' 2" 288 26 5th
79 Thomas, Marcus DT 6' 3" 305 23 2nd

I put the asterisks on Crowder and Reid, because they could play at DE, or could possibly play SOLB.

We actually have lots of guys to audition at DE. So, I don't think we take Tyson Jackson. He hasn't shown me that he is any better than our present guys (most of which have had to fight against double teams on the interior). I think from game film, I would have to say Kenny Peterson is every bit as good as Tyson Jackson. Maybe that changes, but right now, we already have the "same player."

I still think that LB is too good to pass up. There are several "franchise type" LB's on the board at pick #12. I think between Brown, Orakpo, English, and Maualuga, you may have found a defensive starter for the next 8-10 years.

It won't be Jackson.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #21
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Obviously, we have no idea what type of player our coaches are looking for. It will be very interesting to see how the top 10 shakes out.

1. Does Stafford go #1?
2. Is there an early rush on OTs?
3. Where does Raji go?
4. Do Crabtree & Maclin slide?

It will all be very interesting to see how it shakes out. However, I think with the players we have (and the players we have signed) we have quite a few players that would seemingly project at 3-4 DE.

99 Askew, Matthias DT 6' 5" 302 26 3rd
93 Clemons, Nic DT 6' 6" 300 28 2nd
*96 Crowder, Tim DE 6' 4" 275 23 2nd
98 McBean, Ryan DE 6' 5" 290 24 2nd
90 Peterson, Kenny DL 6' 3" 300 30 6th
75 Powell, Carlton DT 6' 3" 300 23 R
*95 Reid, Darrell DL/LB 6' 2" 288 26 5th
79 Thomas, Marcus DT 6' 3" 305 23 2nd

I put the asterisks on Crowder and Reid, because they could play at DE, or could possibly play SOLB.

We actually have lots of guys to audition at DE. So, I don't think we take Tyson Jackson. He hasn't shown me that he is any better than our present guys (most of which have had to fight against double teams on the interior). I think from game film, I would have to say Kenny Peterson is every bit as good as Tyson Jackson. Maybe that changes, but right now, we already have the "same player."

I still think that LB is too good to pass up. There are several "franchise type" LB's on the board at pick #12. I think between Brown, Orakpo, English, and Maualuga, you may have found a defensive starter for the next 8-10 years.

It won't be Jackson.
Agreed. Dont forget Cushing too.
Also, there are a TON of quality 3-4 DEs that will be in the middle rounds of this draft.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #22
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Next year is gonna be(as of right now) a great 3-4 DL year. I would like to get our LB's this year and our line next year. As long as Denver is making strides to make the D better i dont care if its MJ, TJ, or one of the linebackers.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #23
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

You knwo my pic :
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #24
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Next year is gonna be(as of right now) a great 3-4 DL year. I would like to get our LB's this year and our line next year. As long as Denver is making strides to make the D better i dont care if its MJ, TJ, or one of the linebackers.
There are plenty of quality D-line players in this years draft!
Theres alot of posters who dont seem to understand this.
Next year will in fact be better, but for only NT/DT really.
All these players fit Nolans 3-4 DE position, and they are all considered after the 1st round players.

Paul Kruger, Utah
Fili Moala, USC
Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State
Mitch King, Iowa
Phillip Hunt, Houston
Brandon Williams, Texas Tech
Kyle Moore, USC
Orion Martin, Virginia Tech
Pannel Egboh, Stanford
Derek Walker, Illinois
Jeremy Navarre, Maryland
Zach Potter, Nebraska
Jarius Wynn, Georgia

NTs
Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman
Evander Hood, Missouri
Sen'Derrick Marks, Auburn
Chris Baker, Hampton
Dorell Scott, Clemson

Plenty! PLENTY of players that fit Nolans 3-4 that will be more than available throughout the draft.