The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,062
Default Malcom Jenkins to work out for Broncos Next Week

BRONCOS TO WORK OUT JENKINS NEXT WEEK

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2009, 9:38 p.m. EDT

With Champ Bailey entering his eleventh NFL season, the Denver Broncos could be making plans for life without him.

According to Albert Breer of SportingNews.com, the Broncos will conduct a private workout of Ohio State cornerback Malcom Jenkins next Friday in Columbus, Ohio.

Jenkins generated a slower-than-expected 40-yard dash at the Combine, which could cause him to slide. On Friday, Jenkins undoubtedly will run again at Ohio State’s Pro Day workout.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

i hope he slides to us, this would be a great pick since word is he might play safety at the next level.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,501
Default

I wouldn't mind one bit, but I'm sure it's smokescreen material
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I wouldn't mind one bit, but I'm sure it's smokescreen material
It's all cloak and dagger they could be scouting him for another team. they could be looking at him for themselves. Interesting though, i wonder where they would play him S or CB
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,062
Default

If Malcom Jenkins fell to 12, I would be more than happy to see the Broncos draft him.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I'd like Jenkins too.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'd like Jenkins too.
If there is a stud front seven player left at 12, I am all for taking them....but I would rather take Jenkins at 12 than reach for a front seven player.

It's not like it still does not fill a need for us.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,501
Default

I totally agree and it's not like our DB's are young so this could be a good fit
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #9
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer
 
ColoradoBuff's Avatar
 
In Manning We Trust......

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the buffalo roam....
Posts: 2,129

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

I'm all aboard the Jenkins train!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:47 AM   #10
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
If Malcom Jenkins fell to 12, I would be more than happy to see the Broncos draft him.
Are you becoming a OSU fan. Just joking. Of course we are all for whatever makes the team better.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:52 AM   #11
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Id rather pass on Jenkins.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #12
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Id rather pass on Jenkins.
He's a good football player. Just don't know if he is a big enough need and if the 12 pick is the right value for what we need. If that makes any sense.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:08 AM   #13
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
He's a good football player. Just don't know if he is a big enough need and if the 12 pick is the right value for what we need. If that makes any sense.
Yeah, Id rather get a NT, a rush LB, an ILB, or even a RB than go this route. He would have value if we were already more solid upfront. BTW, I also see him more as a safety and he hasnt really even played safety.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:12 AM   #14
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Yeah, Id rather get a NT, a rush LB, an ILB, or even a RB than go this route. He would have value if we were already more solid upfront. BTW, I also see him more as a safety and he hasnt really even played safety.
The problem with NT, if we don't get Raji in the first, nobody else is worthy of that selection. There are a few LBers worth that pick, but once again, nobody really leaps out at you. Wells is a good football player, but isn't the greatest need. We've signed 3-4 RB's this off season.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #15
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
The problem with NT, if we don't get Raji in the first, nobody else is worthy of that selection. There are a few LBers worth that pick, but once again, nobody really leaps out at you. Wells is a good football player, but isn't the greatest need. We've signed 3-4 RB's this off season.
Plus NT often take time to adapt. But I would rather take Sintim than Jackson. I realize we signed a lot of RBs but they only make us marginally better if they do at all. I realize we wont likely take Wells but it is a pick that you are most likely going to get production from off the bat. And one thing that is making that pick appeal to me more again is seeing this Cutler drama. As a way of hedging our bets, I wouldnt mind improving the running game in case things go awry in the passing game.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 AM   #16
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Plus NT often take time to adapt. But I would rather take Sintim than Jackson. I realize we signed a lot of RBs but they only make us marginally better if they do at all. I realize we wont likely take Wells but it is a pick that you are most likely going to get production from off the bat. And one thing that is making that pick appeal to me more again is seeing this Cutler drama. As a way of hedging our bets, I wouldnt mind improving the running game in case things go awry in the passing game.
Well if anything, this offseason has been unpredictable. Who would have thought one of the best young QBs in the game would be the subject of trade rumors. Watch us go all Offense in the draft. McDaniels wanted his guy at QB and made a move for him. Who is to say he is not happy with our other guys on O and will make a move in the draft. I'd laugh and cry at the same time. If we end up with a mediocre QB (Simms or anybody else we may get in a trade for Jay) we may go get Wells to get a solid ground game.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Denver Broncos