The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Bob
Ring of Famer

Default If we end up getting rid of Cutler, how do we not suck?

Simple question. Maybe Bronco fans have been too dependant in thinking that there's no way we can win without an Elway-level QB behind center.

I'm not sure, but what I can tell you is, that it has been entertaining watching Cutler develop, he is only going to get better, and that if Jimmy Neutron/Encephalitis-head had pulled off the trade earlier, my head would have exploded.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Heaven forbid your head explodes.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
Sodak
Clueless...

Who stole my avatar?

This is a bull**** thread. I hope maybe it will explode?
Sodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

You could put it on Youtube.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I find McDaniel's head rather proportionate...and honestly, if some poster's heads exploded the world would be better off due to the increase in communal IQ.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
If we end up getting rid of Cutler, how do we not suck?

.... Hmmm , how do we not suck without Jay .

We make friends with the biggest best team in the league in hopes he protects us from having to suck .

We become lesbians .

We get breast implants in hopes that we can get by without sucking .

We complain all the time about the chances of having to suck till it's time to actually suck and the suckie just says F it never mind to get us to shut up.

and last but not least ... hand jobs and @n@l ...

Hope Josh invest in KY cause without Jay it's going to be a long season...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #7
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I have a match, Can I light the fuse Dude, enough of this crap. God get a freeking life.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

If you do not want to suck, Do what the ladies do. Get a guy to say I do, pay for the wedding and then eat that magical wedding cake..... No woman ever sucks after eating that stuff.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

If we end up getting rid of Cutler, how do we not suck?

Our defense will save us.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #11
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Please add to the list i started if you can think of any more ...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
Bob
Ring of Famer

I guess the simple question is too easy? Again, how to we become better by kicking him to the curb? I'm sure we get something in return, but remember how Elway must have seemed to Colts fans -- like an arrogant, demanding jerk.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I guess the simple question is too easy? Again, how to we become better by kicking him to the curb? I'm sure we get something in return, but remember how Elway must have seemed to Colts fans -- like an arrogant, demanding jerk.

Who cares about Colts fans? Really dude you get side tracked way too easy.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

yay another cutler thread
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #15
rad
Because I can

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Draft Stafford AND Sanchez
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #16
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
.... Hmmm , how do we not suck without Jay .

We make friends with the biggest best team in the league in hopes he protects us from having to suck .

We become lesbians .

We get breast implants in hopes that we can get by without sucking .

We complain all the time about the chances of having to suck till it's time to actually suck and the suckie just says F it never mind to get us to shut up.

and last but not least ... hand jobs and @n@l ...

Hope Josh invest in KY cause without Jay it's going to be a long season...

Hate to disappoint you but its going to be a long season with or without Cutler.

Shanahan left the Special Teams and Defense is such a mess that it will be at least two years before we can get it fixed. Add to that the number of perennial playoff teams we get the luxury of facing next year and its looking bleak. With or without Cutler. With or without Shanahan.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #17
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Who cares about Colts fans? Really dude you get side tracked way too easy.

He's trying to draw the comparison that the all great Elway whom we Bronco fans adore was a cry baby and drama causing punk in the eyes of a great many people.

He looked this way when he demanded the team who selected him in the first round traded him. (after all, what right does some rookie who's proved nothing in the NFL have to refuse to play for the team that legally drafted him). This continued in his early years in Denver, especially where his play was quit poor (he had far worse stats in his first 3 years than Cutler has had). The difference though was his defense won games in spite of Elway's erratic play (tons of turnovers) in his early years... in Elways 2nd year we had the 2nd best defense in the NFL in terms of scoring allowed. Cutler has not had that luxury to begin his career with and thus sits below .500.

Now here we are today with Cutler who has amazing talent and a similarly perceived attitude by the masses. Will Cutler turn into Elway down the road and lead this team to Super Bowls, or will we trade him (as the Colts did) and watch it haunt is down the road for the span of his career as he goes to and wins a few Super Bowls and we win nothing.

That's what he was trying to say.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
He's trying to draw the comparison that the all great Elway whom we Bronco fans adore was a cry baby and drama causing punk in the eyes of a great many people.

He looked this way when he demanded the team who selected him in the first round traded him. (after all, what right does some rookie who's proved nothing in the NFL have to refuse to play for the team that legally drafted him). This continued in his early years in Denver, especially where his play was quit poor (he had far worse stats in his first 3 years than Cutler has had). The difference though was his defense won games in spite of Elway's erratic play (tons of turnovers) in his early years... in Elways 2nd year we had the 2nd best defense in the NFL in terms of scoring allowed. Cutler has not had that luxury to begin his career with and thus sits below .500.

Now here we are today with Cutler who has amazing talent and a similarly perceived attitude by the masses. Will Cutler turn into Elway down the road and lead this team to Super Bowls, or will we trade him (as the Colts did) and watch it haunt is down the road for the span of his career as he goes to and wins a few Super Bowls and we win nothing.

My sarcasm must be rusty...I know what he's saying. I just like to be a wise ass. I dont think Cutler is going anywhere. I think he overreacted to what he thought the Broncos were doing. Time and a wins heals all wounds.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #19
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post

The difference is, if Elway didnt get his way he could have made many more millions playing baseball as an elite player on the diamond.

Cutler just has that whole diabetes thing to fall back on. He has no leverage to pull his crybaby **** whereas Elway had all the leverage in teh world.

Elway was one of the most recruited high school players in history. He was the most touted QB of the best QB draft class in history. AND he probably would have been just as awesome in baseball as he was in football.

Cutler had none of that but he put up better stats than Elway. He also came into an offensive minded league and had one of the all-time great offensive minds from the get go. Elway had Reeves. Not exactly the offensive genius that Shanahan was.

perspective. its good to have.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #20
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

If the defense comes together and the offensive skill playesr learn the offense, we could win 10-plus games with a healthy Chris Simms. He's a gutsy, competitive guy. Not an ideal starter, but a near-ideal backup anyway.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #21
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Hate to disappoint you but its going to be a long season with or without Cutler.

Shanahan left the Special Teams and Defense is such a mess that it will be at least two years before we can get it fixed. Add to that the number of perennial playoff teams we get the luxury of facing next year and its looking bleak. With or without Cutler. With or without Shanahan.
Our schedule is nasty.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #22
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Heaven forbid your head explodes.

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
The difference is, if Elway didnt get his way he could have made many more millions playing baseball as an elite player on the diamond.
I think you underestimate how difficult it is to get on an MLB team over an NFL team. Yes the Yankees wanted Elway, but the process to get on an MLB team is much much harder. The likelihood of him failing in the MLB was far higher than the NFL.

Quote:
Cutler had none of that but he put up better stats than Elway. He also came into an offensive minded league and had one of the all-time great offensive minds from the get go. Elway had Reeves. Not exactly the offensive genius that Shanahan was.

perspective. its good to have.
But Shanahan dropped the ball on defense. Hell 28th and 30th the last two years in scoring allowed. Reeves team on the other hand had an extremely solid and at times top of the line defense.

Lets not forget either that last season it was Bates not Shanahan who did our play calling.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 03-12-2009 at 07:04 PM..