The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default FYI: Wilhelm interview on Cutler complete BS

Link

Quote:

Wilhelm blog fraud
By Kevin Acee


Posted: 4:30 p.m. Wednesday March 11, 2009


In the midst of covering the waning hours of the LT drama, I got an e-mail from XX's Marty Caswell containing a link to an interview with Chargers linebacker Matt Wilhelm.

Here it is: www.thenflforum.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=105707

When you think the link is legitimate, it is an amazing read.

In the "interview," Wilhelm was asked about Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, and Wilhelm's answers are vulgar and provocative.

You may remember that Wilhelm in December called Cutler a punk, so it was not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he would let his guard down.

But the excessive profanity was unlike Wilhelm and then, late in the rambling interview, Wilhelm refers to his two-year-old daughter.

And, um, Wilhelm doesn't have a daughter. His only child, a son, just turned one.

When I called Wilhelm this afternoon, he sounded more amused than anything.

"It's crazy to me what people will do -- that they would do that," he said.

Wilhelm's agent did call NFL Security about the site on which the "interview" appears, and the Chargers have looked into shutting down a thread on the "interview" that is on their fan forum.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

too bad...

i liked him more when i thought he actually said those things..

oh well, back to me not even knowing who the heck Matt Wilhelm is...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Where's that ChargerDouche that said he knew the reporter and that he was almost certain it was real?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer
 
supermanhr9's Avatar
 
"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Back in DENVER BABY!!
Posts: 1,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default

it sure did seem too good to be true
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 
Fun at the range MAR 2014

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,249

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
Where's that ChargerDouche that said he knew the reporter and that he was almost certain it was real?
suckin Rivers off as we speak
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
Where's that ChargerDouche that said he knew the reporter and that he was almost certain it was real?
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler
 
BoiseBluTurf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
I second that... how about it bolt?
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
Where's that ChargerDouche that said he knew the reporter and that he was almost certain it was real?
Sorry Rulon, i think its Raider fan week for that guy.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,320
Default

The "reporter" posted an explaination yesterday. He said that he did interview a guy but it was an imposter. I'm having a difficult time buying that story so I think he did make up the interview.

I don't know him personally or anything but I've read posts from him for many years now and I don't know why he would go and make something like this up so either he did get tricked or he was compelled for some reason to make this up.

BTW, if he did make this story up, he did a pretty good job because Wilhelm has gone on local radio here and has trashed talked players (not to the extent that this interview had him do) but he has run his mouth towards players, including Cutler.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,827
Default

I posted just a few days ago that this guy is probably in some serious **** for this.

Depends how far they want to take it, but he could face criminal charges if they decide they want to.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler
 
BoiseBluTurf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
The "reporter" posted an explaination yesterday. He said that he did interview a guy but it was an imposter. I'm having a difficult time buying that story so I think he did make up the interview.

I don't know him personally or anything but I've read posts from him for many years now and I don't know why he would go and make something like this up so either he did get tricked or he was compelled for some reason to make this up.

BTW, if he did make this story up, he did a pretty good job because Wilhelm has gone on local radio here and has trashed talked players (not to the extent that this interview had him do) but he has run his mouth towards players, including Cutler.
Props to you for coming back in and explaining... I always thought it was a little harsh to believe... I mean... Its no secrete how he feels about Cutler... but come on... there seems to be a un spoken code of conduct between NFL players.


That is all.


Michael
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,518

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

I had serious trouble buying that crap. No one talks like that. I think that guy wrote it too. I don't think he "interviewed an imposter." When you read it, it doesn't read like someone speaking live having their words transcribed. It reads like the rants of someone pissed off on a forum.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #13
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,518

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
The "reporter" posted an explaination yesterday. He said that he did interview a guy but it was an imposter. I'm having a difficult time buying that story so I think he did make up the interview.

I don't know him personally or anything but I've read posts from him for many years now and I don't know why he would go and make something like this up so either he did get tricked or he was compelled for some reason to make this up.

BTW, if he did make this story up, he did a pretty good job because Wilhelm has gone on local radio here and has trashed talked players (not to the extent that this interview had him do) but he has run his mouth towards players, including Cutler.
Here's what you said.

Quote:
And I'm familiar with the guy who did this "interview". He wouldn't make this stuff up. Maybe Wilhelm might, though I don't know why but if I had to guess, it's probably mostly true with some exaggeration coming into play.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

yea....i had a feeling about this

its funny because the thread here ended with us wondering if the CHargers FO would catch a whiff of this...

guess they did
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I was suprised posters here took that thread seriously. I mean, there are standards by which threads are supposed to follow in order to be considered ligit (links to credible sources for example) and that thread did not follow those standards.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
The "reporter" posted an explaination yesterday. He said that he did interview a guy but it was an imposter. I'm having a difficult time buying that story so I think he did make up the interview.

I don't know him personally or anything but I've read posts from him for many years now and I don't know why he would go and make something like this up so either he did get tricked or he was compelled for some reason to make this up.

BTW, if he did make this story up, he did a pretty good job because Wilhelm has gone on local radio here and has trashed talked players (not to the extent that this interview had him do) but he has run his mouth towards players, including Cutler.
Even Champ Bailey is impressed with your backpedaling.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,977

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
Even Champ Bailey is impressed with your backpedaling.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #18
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Here's what you said.
Yeah, that's what I said. So what?

Like I said, I really don't buy his explanation but who knows. Maybe the dude looked like Wilhelm. Wilhelm is kind of a regular looking dude. I doubt I would notice him if I passed him on the street.

If you're just trying to rub it in because I said I didn't think the guy would make it up, then that's cool. If he indeed made it up, I'm allowed to be wrong once a year.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #19
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
The "reporter" posted an explaination yesterday. He said that he did interview a guy but it was an imposter. I'm having a difficult time buying that story so I think he did make up the interview.

I don't know him personally or anything but I've read posts from him for many years now and I don't know why he would go and make something like this up so either he did get tricked or he was compelled for some reason to make this up.

BTW, if he did make this story up, he did a pretty good job because Wilhelm has gone on local radio here and has trashed talked players (not to the extent that this interview had him do) but he has run his mouth towards players, including Cutler.




An imposter, huh? A Matt Wilhelm imposter?!?! AGAIN?

These obscure football player imposters are getting out of hand, no?
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I was suprised posters here took that thread seriously. I mean, there are standards by which threads are supposed to follow in order to be considered ligit (links to credible sources for example) and that thread did not follow those standards.
We have standards here? No ****?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #21
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?
 
Xenos's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,190

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Damn. I was hoping it was real because it would be another reason to kick Wilhelm off the team.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #22
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,518

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Yeah, that's what I said. So what?

Like I said, I really don't buy his explanation but who knows. Maybe the dude looked like Wilhelm. Wilhelm is kind of a regular looking dude. I doubt I would notice him if I passed him on the street.

If you're just trying to rub it in because I said I didn't think the guy would make it up, then that's cool. If he indeed made it up, I'm allowed to be wrong once a year.
I just think you're not being completely honest. I think you were eager to say it was true so that you could use it as a way to validate something negative about Cutler. Your first sentence in your comment is about how you think it's true "because you heard stories," clearly trying to prop this up as legit when it's not. Then you say "I'm familiar with the guy who did the interview." When you say that you're inferring you know him personally. I bet 90% of the posters who read what you wrote took it that way. And then you flatly state he wouldn't make that stuff up, when he probably did just that.

Just admit you were eager to slam the QB here, like you've done in many of your other posts, and got a little too eager to try and validate this blogger when he ripped Cutler in a way you wanted him to.

Egg on face for you.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #23
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I just think you're not being completely honest. I think you were eager to say it was true so that you could use it as a way to validate something negative about Cutler. Your first sentence in your comment is about how you think it's true "because you heard stories," clearly trying to prop this up as legit when it's not. Then you say "I'm familiar with the guy who did the interview." When you say that you're inferring you know him personally. I bet 90% of the posters who read what you wrote took it that way. And then you flatly state he wouldn't make that stuff up, when he probably did just that.

Just admit you were eager to slam the QB here, like you've done in many of your other posts, and got a little too eager to try and validate this blogger when he ripped Cutler in a way you wanted him to.

Egg on face for you.
Sure, I readily admit that I love these stories coming about Cutler and his lack of maturity and mental toughness.

I'll flat out say it now if you've missed reading it between the lines in the past: I don't like Cutler. I think he's a guy with million dollar talent and a ten cent brain. I don't like his attitude. I don't like his whining and his sulking. I don't like the way he conducts himself in interviews and in press conferences. I think he's one of the most overhyped and overrated players in the NFL. And I think he's a guy with a huge ego and a warped sense of entitlement when he's done absolutely nothing to earn it.

You can celebrate all you want about this Wilhelm story being false and any amount of egg on my face but it doesn't change the public's perception of Cutler and the fact that he has a lot issues he needs to take care of and that he has a lot of growing up to do. That's the real issue you guys should be concerned about.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #24
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Damn. I was hoping it was real because it would be another reason to kick Wilhelm off the team.
I was hoping it was real because it would give me a reason to like the guy.

With the signing of Burnett, it's pretty clear his role is going to remain as a backup. He's fine as depth but even depth needs to be upgraded and the Bolts have a lot of guys who can provide depth at MLB. I'll be surprised if he's on the team in 2010, if he even makes the team this year.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #25
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Nope, it's true. It was on the internet.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Denver Broncos