The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
ak1971
uhhhh

Default Nice

I officially retract everything negative I’ve ever said about Mel Kiper Jr. Sure, he may be a blowhard who has a creepy obsession with 18 to 25-year-old men, but I can forgive that. And though his nightly, ESPN-sponsored, cat fights with Todd McShay make me want to gouge my eyes out, right now I’d really like to buy Kiper a beer.

Why? Because he just went off on Jay Cutler. He went so crazy on the Broncos’ doughy, mopey, whiny quarterback that the quotes sound like he was easily 13 shots of Jameson into the evening.

Here’s what he said, and it’s so great I’m still amazed by it (it’s from this week’s Tuesday with Mel Kiper Jr. on ESPN).

“Talk about whining and complaining - this is at the top of my list,” Kiper says.

Kiper says Cassel would have been an “upgrade” over Cutler and that Cutler is, to put it mildly, overrated.

“(Cutler) throws one pass, he’s a Hall of Famer,” Kiper says. “I’ve seen the media put him in the Hall of Fame. I had to run to the bathroom quick. It was making me ill. I’ve been hearing this overhype.”

“This guy was overhyped at the combine, he was overhyped at Senior Bowl week, He’s been overhyped before he was drafted. The media, they love Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler can do no wrong. I’ve been saying he’s overrated since day one. Everyone’s been pounding their chests saying, ‘Oh, I love Jay Cutler, I’m a genius.’ They have egg on their face now.”

Then, Mel goes further, pointing out that Cutler has never led the Broncos to a winning record or a playoff appearance. He also says, “(Cutler) makes throws that leave you scratching your head, which I said on draft day when he was picked. Yeah, he’s got a strong arm, but my daughter knew he had a strong arm, she could have written that report.”

Then, the coup de grâce, enjoy:

“Jeff George had a great arm, and Jeff George had a lot of great games in this league, and people were putting Jeff George in the HOF early in his career,” Kiper says. “So I’m just telling you this is ridiculous.”

Wow. Just, wow. He totally just pulled out the Jeff George card. Ouch. I’m not above making fun of people, but damn Mel, that’s cold man.

Just to drive the point home further, here’s the final verbal lance delivered by our brave knight:

Also, Cutler once said he had a better arm than John Elway. Not surprisingly, Kiper isn’t a fan of that comment either. ‘So what? Who cares? Why would you make a comparison to John Elway? That could be taken like you’re in a position to critique the quarterback that is a legend.”

I’d like to remind you that he hates the bull**** Jay Cutler is pulling so much that he even stopped focusing his beloved NFL Draft for five minutes just to rip the kid a new a-hole.

Just to reiterate, I love Mel Kiper Jr.

http://rumorsandrants.com/2009/03/me...e-my-hero.html
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

This was posted a few days ago I think

Kiper has become obsessed with Cutler, it really is bizarre the way he has to go out of his way to justify his hatred for Jay.

Kiper is irrelevant anyways, his mocks suck
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

thanks for sharing dbag
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It was posted twice.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78117

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78034
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Bleed n Orange
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

wow AK is that really the guy you want to side with? I get you don't like Cutler but using Kiper as support for your arguement weakens you case far more than it helps it
Bleed n Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

I love it. Jay grow the **** up
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
thanks for sharing dbag
Who shared a dime bag
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed n Orange View Post
wow AK is that really the guy you want to side with? I get you don't like Cutler but using Kiper as support for your arguement weakens you case far more than it helps it
I just think Cutler needs to get over himself. He sould have come out, said I was pissed about the whole deal, and moved on. Sorry if this was posted twice Kaylore, I still love you
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
Who shared a dime bag

And following Dortohs lead ...

It's TIME once again ... for your friend and mine ...

A TON OF WEEEEEEEEEED !!!!

and one bottle
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
scttgrd
Just treading water

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall

Just resign yourself to the fact that Mcdaniels is going to make 8-8 look good again. I almost hope they trade Cutler just so we don't have to hear this crap anymore.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
I just think Cutler needs to get over himself. He sould have come out, said I was pissed about the whole deal, and moved on. Sorry if this was posted twice Kaylore, I still love you
Cutler=baby
Kiper=cumrag
ak1971=dbag
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
socalorado
Ring of Famer

ak1971, i am joking you dbag!
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Jay is a very solid player. Just because an ignorant blowhard with a grudge says he isn't doesn't make it so. Clearly you either have no real football experience, or you don't actually watch the games, if you think Jay is overhyped or "not a good player."

The worst I have to say is he is acting a bit immature and petulant about the entire fiasco. He'd really step up for the team if he was the one that brushed it all aside, and just played ball.

But I do NOT want to get rid of him. Cassel is not a better player, he is not an upgrade, that's nuts. Players like Manning and Elway have equally terrible records when their defenses were anemic. You can't expect an offense to make up for a defense who simply NEVER gets turnovers. We were I believe, second-to-last in turnover ratio in the NFL. In the AFC, the Ravens had 26 ints.

Guess how many we had. SIX! 6 freaking ints. Yea, that's apparently Jay's fault. In a nutshell, if our offense makes any turnover, we are screwed. 29th overall D. Sorry, they were not doing any favors for our offense.

I just know this... if we let Jay go, we WILL regret it down the road. He will have wild success on another team, and we will be mired in years of mediocrity with a substandard QB.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #14
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
ak1971, i am joking you dbag!
damn it! I take a lot of pride in being a douche bag
Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #15
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

**** Kyper
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Warning Will Rogers Warning, agent tampering - agent tampering.....
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #17
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by scttgrd View Post
Just resign yourself to the fact that Mcdaniels is going to make 8-8 look good again. I almost hope they trade Cutler just so we don't have to hear this crap anymore.
Gawd, I'd love to go 8-8 with that schedule next year...
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote