The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
KillerBronco#76
Perennial Pro-bowler

"The Beast" From the east

Default PR Stunt

I dont know about you guys but i remember last year there was a rumor going around that they wanted to use denver for Hard Knocks. You guys think this whole drama between cutler and McDaniels could be a pr stunt building hype for the show?I think Cutler will show up to camp and I wouldn't be suprised if we hear later that our training camp will be on T.V.. I remember Shanahan was the only opposition to it... Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not what do you think

You have to admit that were getting alot of press because of this... I am buying into the conspiracy theory.

Last edited by KillerBronco#76; 03-11-2009 at 11:51 PM..
KillerBronco#76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Time for another facepalm thread.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

That's right .... HBO was gonna feature the Broncos on Hard Knocks.

I'll bet they're double-certain it was the right choice now.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

MHGAFFNEY TO THE RED COURTESY PHONE , mhgaffney to the red courtesy phone !!! ...

He will love this thread ...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer

This space for rent

I'll bet this whole thing has really sold a lot of Cutler jerseys, and I'm sure season ticketholders were more eager than ever to make their payments all thanks to this bruhaha...

Sorry, I don't buy it
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
KillerBronco#76
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeskey View Post
I'll bet this whole thing has really sold a lot of Cutler jerseys, and I'm sure season ticketholders were more eager than ever to make their payments all thanks to this bruhaha...

Sorry, I don't buy it
It may be a stretch... but that is up till now what happens when Cutler shows up monday Makes sense from HBO's Stand point and denver's. Building hype for the show. I guarantee more people would watch it after this.

Last edited by KillerBronco#76; 03-12-2009 at 12:16 AM..
Old 03-12-2009, 12:22 AM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
MHGAFFNEY TO THE RED COURTESY PHONE , mhgaffney to the red courtesy phone !!! ...

He will love this thread ...

BUY MY TV SHOW. He wont see it because this is broncos related. Unless he uses the search feature and types his name.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #8
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
BUY MY TV SHOW. He wont see it because this is broncos related. Unless he uses the search feature and types his name.
no doubt ...

O and

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer

This space for rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBronco#76 View Post
It may be a stretch... but that is up till now what happens when Cutler shows up monday Makes sense from HBO's Stand point and denver's. Building hype for the show. I guarantee more people would watch it after this.
Looking at it from a business standpoint, I don't think it generates any more revenue for the Broncos organization than it would if this offseason were free of any controversey. Yes, controversey usually generate buzz & publicity, but this is the NFL, not hollywood. With this type of uncertainty, regarding the QB situation you can't seriously think this could be a boost to ticket sales and merchandise. I don't think that would be worth risking just for a TV show.
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #10
KillerBronco#76
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeskey View Post
Looking at it from a business standpoint, I don't think it generates any more revenue for the Broncos organization than it would if this offseason were free of any controversey. Yes, controversey usually generate buzz & publicity, but this is the NFL, not hollywood. With this type of uncertainty, regarding the QB situation you can't seriously think this could be a boost to ticket sales and merchandise. I don't think that would be worth risking just for a TV show.
Unless you plan on winning too... In the NFL its about two things Name Recognition and Winning if you can put those 2 together it will increase business in the future . So if you create drama to put yourself in the spot light and then actually put together a pretty good year like we will that's a pretty good recipe for $$$.

Even if i am as far off from the truth as possible... a man can go pretty far on faith can't he? ask any religious person.