The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Don't forget: Josh McDaniels is still the greatest offensive mind in NFL history

Out of all the offensive geniuses that have roamed the sidelines in NFL history, there is only one that can lay claim to greatest offensive output since the league's inception: Josh McDaniels.

For all the vitrol spewed toward this guys way, he is still an offensive genius, period. Sure, you can say that he had Tom Brady, but Tom Brady isn't the only great QB to ever grace an NFL sideline. What about Peyton Manning, Dan Fouts, John Elway, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Steve Young and whoever else you can come up with. Offensive coordinators had those talents yet could never put up 573 points like McDaniels did with the Patriots. And did the patriots even have a big time RB during that historic season? Nope. Makes that accomplishment even more incredible.

So let us not forget, we got the **** as our head coach. Coaches rack their brains with sleepless nights trying to figure a game plan that put up points. Right now, there is no one better in NFL history at confusing opposing teams defensive coordinators than Josh McDaniels --our head coach.

It's time to get excited. We are about to blow the league up. McDaniels can't be stopped. He is so good, he took a QB that hadn't started a game since high school and kept his offense going at a high rate.

This man is incredible. Don't forget.

Last edited by bronco0608; 03-11-2009 at 10:43 PM..
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Nope.

He listened to offers to potentially improve our team.

He's trash.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Out of all the offensive geniuses that have roamed the sidelines in NFL history, there is only one that can lay claim to greatest offensive output since the league's inception: Josh McDaniels.

For all the vitrol spewed toward this guys way, he is still an offensive genius, period. Sure, you can say that he had Tom Brady, but Tom Brady isn't the only great QB to ever grace an NFL sideline. What about Peyton Manning, Dan Fouts, John Elway, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Steve Young and whoever else you can come up with. Offensive coordinators had those talents yet could never put up 573 points like McDaniels did with the Patriots. And did the patriots even have a big time RB during that historic season? Nope. Makes that accomplishment even more incredible.

So let us not forget, we got the **** as our head coach. Coaches rack their brains with sleepless nights trying to figure a game plan that put up points. Right now, there is no one better in NFL history at confusing opposing teams defensive coordinators than Josh McDaniels --our head coach.

It's time to get excited. We are about to blow the league up. McDaniels can't be stopped. He is so good, he took a QB that hadn't started a game since high school and kept his offense going at a high rate.

This man is incredible. Don't forget.
He fell in love with the pass and this was exploited by a team that could rush the passer. His offense was held to 17 points in the game that mattered most. For all the games that they beat Miami 55-7, it really became inconsequential when his offense's flaw was exposed. More important than beating Miami 55-3 in week 4, is cultivating a team that can win against teams like the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens in the playoffs and on the road even. The 2007 Patriots' offense wasnt even better than the 98 Broncos or 99 Rams. The 98 Broncos scored over 500 points as a run focused team and as a result had less clock to work with than pass happy teams like the NE Patriots. McDaniels isnt even better than the guy he's replacing.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
He fell in love with the pass and this was exploited by a team that could rush the passer. His offense was held to 17 points in the game that mattered most. For all the games that they beat Miami 55-7, it really became inconsequential when his offense's flaw was exposed. More important than beating Miami 55-3 in week 4, is cultivating a team that can win against teams like the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens in the playoffs and on the road even. The 2007 Patriots' offense wasnt even better than the 98 Broncos or 99 Rams. The 98 Broncos scored over 500 points as a run focused team and as a result had less clock to work with than pass happy teams like the NE Patriots. McDaniels isnt even better than the guy he's replacing.
Yawn. Seriously. He even led his team to an 18-0 record before losing by a touchdown in the Super Bowl.

You can nitpik all you want, but he has the record as the greatest offensive mind in NFL history. Kinda hard to nitpik the greatest, you know.

Just because a team can game plan you for one game and "hold you" to 24 points, doesn't mean you aren't the ****. The 98 Broncos lost 4 games with their incredible offense and the 99 team lost 2 games. Sometimes, **** happens.

I'll take McDaniels and his offensive genius over any coach in the league right now. Why? Because he is an offensive genius, of course! Greatest offensive mind in NFL HISTORY! Wow, and he is our head coach.

I am so stoked!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Translation:

I have sand in my vag...

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Nope.

He listened to offers to potentially improve our team.

He's trash.
It's pretty clear, to me at least, that he did more than just "listen."
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #7
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Old 03-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And correct me if I'm wrong, more teams should be "pass happy" if that means you can put the greatest amount of points in league history. Makes sense, doesn't it? The offensive game is all about scoring, isn't it?

Looks like the pass happy offense works. Whatcha thinka?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #9
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yawn. Seriously. He even led his team to an 18-0 record before losing by a touchdown in the Super Bowl.

You can nitpik all you want, but he has the record as the greatest offensive mind in NFL history. Kinda hard to nitpik the greatest, you know.

Just because a team can game plan you for one game and "hold you" to 24 points, doesn't mean you aren't the ****. The 98 Broncos lost 4 games with their incredible offense and the 99 team lost 2 games. Sometimes, **** happens.

I'll take McDaniels and his offensive genius over any coach in the league right now. Why? Because he is an offensive genius, of course! Greatest offensive mind in NFL HISTORY! Wow, and he is our head coach.

I am so stoked!
His offense was exposed in the big money game because he fell in love with the pass because beating teams like 1 and 15 teams like Miami 55-3 was too much fun. And in the end it was costly. But you keep blowing that horn.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #10
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

I am so stoked!
OCs don't lead their team to **** and they don't get credit for anything. You can't sit here and tell me how much control he had or didn't have over that team, but I can tell you that it was BB team not McDs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #11
extralife
Ring of Famer

They didn't win the Super Bowl. Mike Martz couldn't win the Super Bowl. Air Coryell couldn't win the Super Bowl. Dan Marino couldn't win the Super Bowl. Are you sensing a trend, here?

Even Peyton Manning will tell you the key to his offensive success lies in the play action and the stretch run.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #12
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Oh, dont forget that the '98 team actually SAT THEIR STARTERS and went to a vanila offense when they were up big as well.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #13
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
OCs don't lead their team to **** and they don't get credit for anything. You can't sit here and tell me how much control he had or didn't have over that team, but I can tell you that it was BB team not McDs.
Great. Go ahead and tell us. Give us your inside information. Please include sources and potential contact info so we can check it out.

I mean, you speak it as fact, not opinion, so we'll all be interested to hear you back that statement up with a sizable amount of hard data.

Look forward to it...
Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #14
extralife
Ring of Famer

Popps, I'm sure you are enamored by the evidence in favor of McDaniels as secretly having complete control over those Pats, then? It has to work both ways, right?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #15
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Popps, I'm sure you are enamored by the evidence in favor of McDaniels as secretly having complete control over those Pats, then? It has to work both ways, right?
Oh I forget! Bill Belichick is an offensive genius, not a defensive genius! Silly me, it was Bill calling all the offensive plays during that season. Just like Seifert did with Shanny back in 95. It was Seifert all along!

I'm so silly.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Great. Go ahead and tell us. Give us your inside information. Please include sources and potential contact info so we can check it out.

I mean, you speak it as fact, not opinion, so we'll all be interested to hear you back that statement up with a sizable amount of hard data.

Look forward to it...
Yes I'm sure if the Pats won the SB they would have ran up and interview McD instead of the Head ****ing coach. You are going to sit there and tell me that McD made that ****ing team and not the HC and GM? How much power do you think this kid had in NE? Im sure he called the plays but that wasn't his damn team. I don't have to prove **** its logic that a OC doesn't have as much power as a HC.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Oh I forget! Bill Belichick is an offensive genius, not a defensive genius! Silly me, it was Bill calling all the offensive plays during that season. Just like Seifert did with Shanny back in 95. It was Seifert all along!

I'm so silly.
Bill Belichick is a genius period. He controls that team not anyone else. Teams keep signing coaches from NE left and right and that team doesn't miss a beat. If you think it was McD that was the reason that team was good for all those years I don't know what to tell you then.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Yes I'm sure if the Pats won the SB they would have ran up and interview McD instead of the Head ****ing coach. You are going to sit there and tell me that McD made that ****ing team and not the HC and GM? How much power do you think this kid had in NE? Im sure he called the plays but that wasn't his damn team. I don't have to prove **** its logic that a OC doesn't have as much power as a HC.
I didn't say he ran the team, but speculation among those who covered the team was that Bill B. basically turned the offense over to McDaniels a few years ago and he did more than just called plays. It's for those reasons that he was such a hot commodity in the first place.

Do you have inside information to counter that commonly reported story?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #19
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I'm so silly.
Bill Belichick has actually been quite involved with the Patriots offense over the years. After Weis left and before McDaniels got the job, the Pats didn't even employ an offensive coordinator. McD got his start as a defensive assistant under first Nick Saban and then Bill Belichick. You think BB had nothing to do with his rise as an offensive talent? Don't kid yourself. And hey, BB and Tom Brady have a great relationship. I guess McD never felt that was important. Might that be because he just sat back and called plays?

Besides, we've already went over how the jobs of coordinator and HC are, in many ways, not even related.

And, hell, we got rid of a guy that ran an offense that scored over 500 points and won a Super Bowl doing it. WE SO CRAZY
Old 03-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #20
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Bill Belichick has actually been quite involved with the Patriots offense over the years. After Weis left and before McDaniels got the job, the Pats didn't even employ an offensive coordinator. McD got his start as a defensive assistant under first Nick Saban and then Bill Belichick. You think BB had nothing to do with his rise as an offensive talent? Don't kid yourself. And hey, BB and Tom Brady have a great relationship. I guess McD never felt that was important. Might that be because he just sat back and called plays?

Besides, we've already went over how the jobs of coordinator and HC are, in many ways, not even related.

And, hell, we got rid of a guy that ran an offense that scored over 500 points and won a Super Bowl doing it. WE SO CRAZY
Umm, if you haven't noticed, the NFL offensive game is all about freshness. While Shanny was hot 15 years ago, defensive coordinators caught up with him. They said, "give him all the yards he craves for, he can't score in the red zone." And what happened? Shanahan went from being unstoppable to being stoppable when it counted in a flash.

Eventually the league will catch up with McDaniels, of this there is no doubt, but that is going to be, oh, I don't know, a good five years from now. That's just the nature of the beast.

Keep McDee for five years and then ax him. I got no problem with that. By then, his offensive will be as stale and predictable as Shannys the past seven years.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I didn't say he ran the team, but speculation among those who covered the team was that Bill B. basically turned the offense over to McDaniels a few years ago and he did more than just called plays. It's for those reasons that he was such a hot commodity in the first place.

Do you have inside information to counter that commonly reported story?
So McD brought in the players to fit the system right he offered them the contracts and all that jazz? He was incharge of drafts and finding the talent to fit the system right? Thats alot of ability for a OC when there was a true HC and GM above him.

He was a hot commodity just like any other young OC is in the NFL. Each year teams raid other teams coaching staff from teams that do well. All the hype in the world was on McD and the DC from the Giants. Why? Because they are well coached by the HC above them not because they are running the show over the HC.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #22
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
How long ago was that? And has he come close to doing that since then?
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #23
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Umm, if you haven't noticed, the NFL offensive game is all about freshness. While Shanny was hot 15 years ago, defensive coordinators caught up with him. They said, "give him all the yards he craves for, he can't score in the red zone." And what happened? Shanahan went from being unstoppable to being stoppable when it counted in a flash.

Eventually the league will catch up with McDaniels, of this there is no doubt, but that is going to be, oh, I don't know, a good five years from now. That's just the nature of the beast.

Keep McDee for five years and then ax him. I got no problem with that. By then, his offensive will be as stale and predictable as Shannys the past seven years.
What happened was personnel mistakes. His stuff still works but he didnt have the same quality of players that he had in the beginning. Its Sundquists fault and its Shanahans fault. The personnel decisions were so bad that Shanahan had to move players he had on offense to help the defense. He did this because he had the acumen to still make the offense work...for the most part.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #24
extralife
Ring of Famer

Talent may play a role in the whole "scoring 500 points" thing.

But, uhhh, lets not get sidetracked. My point was that's not exactly how I judge a head coach.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #25
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
So McD brought in the players to fit the system right he offered them the contracts and all that jazz? He was incharge of drafts and finding the talent to fit the system right? Thats alot of ability for a OC when there was a true HC and GM above him.

He was a hot commodity just like any other young OC is in the NFL. Each year teams raid other teams coaching staff from teams that do well. All the hype in the world was on McD and the DC from the Giants. Why? Because they are well coached by the HC above them not because they are running the show over the HC.

So you're saying that come game days in NE, that BB gave McD the playsheets numbered 1 through 300, and told him to call every play in that order? McD had absolutly nothing to do with their offense other than calling the plays that BB had drew up all by himself?

I doubt it.
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote