The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default We needed Scott Piolli

This entire mess is a reflection of the fact that Pat Bowlen made himself the real GM. Then he fired the only people in Denver capable of managing a team. If this off-season is anything to go by, Brian Xanders is woefully unable of being a GM. McDaniels has stolen that power, and is just as powerful with Xanders as Shanahan was with Teddy.

The bottom line is that I don't think anyone here is being honest. I think McDaniels was trying to persue a trade - one much better then the terms that were offered. His instict to deny it might work with the patriots and how they ran the media, but it doesn't fly here. The rest of his moves have been remarkably Shanahan-esque.

Jay Cutler also has seen all of the people who believed in him fired. I still believe that the Goodman's didn't want Jay traded, and that led to their departure. At this rate, Jeremy Bates may indeed be the next head coach of the Denver Broncos .. but only if Cutler survives McDaniels.

Jay Cutler has been on the short shift when it comes to the media being drafted third. But he is not as great as he thinks he is (yet?). He also is trying to secure his future. McDaniels and CO probably were lying - but it can't be proven. So Jay needs to prove that he - not McDaniels is the leader of the Broncos. McDaniels at the rate he is going may not survive two full seasons.

Cutler needs to grow up and be the leader we want him to be.

But at the end of all this, the bottom line is that Bowlen appears to be 0 for 2 given the post season. I really suspect that big tragedy off this offseason is that we grabbed the wrong former patriot, and we should have gotten Scott Piolli. At least we would have adult in the front office and team.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Thanks for making every Chiefs troll smile.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

But, if we had Pioli... we'd have Cassel.

Panic in the streets.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

And Pioli wouldve hired McDaniels if he were available. Then we would have a 3some.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
And Pioli wouldve hired McDaniels if he were available. Then we would have a 3some.
True from what I heard one fo the Pats beat writers say. Paraphrasing, he said that he wanted two components when he got his own gig: Cassel and McDaniels.

I guess he got one of them.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Piolli wouldn't have gotten Cassel. He would look a the problems we have. Or he would have pulled the trigger on the trade earlier and gotten many first day picks. He wouldn't have botched this. Or if he denied it, he wouldn't have done so in a way that basically called Jay a whiner or a lier, and made it into a no-win situation.

And yes, he would have hired McDaniels. But McDaniel's would not have been able to scuttle the team as effectivly as it looks right now.

McDaniels may still have some success, but this controversy has done nothing but harm our ability to get FOs, and a gang of Shanahan-esque free agents doesn't give me confidence.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Trying to trade Cutler, and then mismanaging the fallout, has been the only screwup by this team so far this offseason.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Piolli wouldn't have gotten Cassel. He would look a the problems we have. .
You talk to him today or something?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #9
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Trying to trade Cutler, and then mismanaging the fallout, has been the only screwup by this team so far this offseason.
How is getting rid of Shanahan's crop of old underperforming players with one strong ex-pro-bowler with a new batch of underperforming players with one strong ex-pro-bowler a improvement?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
How is getting rid of Shanahan's crop of old underperforming players with one strong ex-pro-bowler with a new batch of underperforming players with one strong ex-pro-bowler a improvement?
"New crop of underperforming players"...

Have you seen them play in Denver in our system yet?

I'm beginning to think you have ESP!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
You talk to him today or something?
You clearly didn't read my entire post. I noted that he would not have handled it in the matter McDaniels and Xanders did. Either trade or stay.

All this does is build disatisfaction with the people that actually matter - the fans who buy tickets, jerseys and watch the games.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #12
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
"New crop of underperforming players"...

Have you seen them play in Denver in our system yet?

I'm beginning to think you have ESP!
You might want to check out a couple of the threads on the second page. I think I saw a couple of posts saying something bad about McDaniels and good about Cutler that you didnt respond to. I cant remember which ones though.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
You clearly didn't read my entire post. I noted that he would not have handled it in the matter McDaniels and Xanders did. Either trade or stay.

All this does is build disatisfaction with the people that actually matter - the fans who buy tickets, jerseys and watch the games.
2/3rds of the people surveyed on this forum today believe that Cutler is the one causing the problems at this point.

If you want the fans to be happy, get Cutler to act like an adult and report for his job.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
You might want to check out a couple of the threads on the second page. I think I saw a couple of posts saying something bad about McDaniels and good about Cutler that you didnt respond to. I cant remember which ones though.
Thanks Lex, I'll check them out.

Appreciate it.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I'm going to go ahead and let the coach actually coach some games (or at least draft somebody) before I start writing him off.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #16
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
2/3rds of the people surveyed on this forum today believe that Cutler is the one causing the problems at this point.

If you want the fans to be happy, get Cutler to act like an adult and report for his job.
It's the coaches job to manage players. McDaniel's clearly isn't.

But I will make a deal, if you can make McDaniel's act like he isn't the second coming of Bellicheat, I will make Cutler act like he isn't a rich 25 year old pro-bowl quarterback.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

if we got Pioli he more than likely would have brought in McDaniels to be his HC anyway and for sure Jay would be in Detroit and we'd be stuck with no talent Cassel
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote