The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default The Unknown: Bus Cook

What do you all feel are the odds that Bus Cook is manipulating the situation by keeping Jay mad enough to potentially not report to camp and get traded.

The benefit for Cook over this is that the trade would likely net Jay a new contract which would give Cook a big payday via commission.

For all we know Cook is telling Jay after meetings, "see they have no respect, stick it to them hard."

I still think Mc****Tard has been stupid throughout the ordeal, but Jay needs to move on and just play football at this point and prove to Bowlen and the NFL that he is the future of this organization.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cook is manipulating the entire situation... he did after all, as mentioned before on this forum... manage Brett Favre and was a huge part of the mess in Green Bay last season.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
What do you all feel are the odds that Bus Cook is manipulating the situation by keeping Jay mad enough to potentially not report to camp and get traded.

The benefit for Cook over this is that the trade would likely net Jay a new contract which would give Cook a big payday via commission.

For all we know Cook is telling Jay after meetings, "see they have no respect, stick it to them hard."

I still think Mc****Tard has been stupid throughout the ordeal, but Jay needs to move on and just play football at this point and prove to Bowlen and the NFL that he is the future of this organization.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cook is manipulating the entire situation... he did after all, as mentioned before on this forum... manage Brett Favre and was a huge part of the mess in Green Bay last season.
I'll give you two words why I hate Bus Cook: Brett Favre
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

If it's Cooks fault, then it's Cutler's fault. The agent works for the player and is an extension of his professional position. Jay is butthurt because he is an overly sensitive, fragile, egotistical, petulant, childish, b****. If he lets his agent manipulate him like you are suggesting, then he is even more flawed than I think he is.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
If it's Cooks fault, then it's Cutler's fault. The agent works for the player and is an extension of his professional position. Jay is butthurt because he is an overly sensitive, fragile, egotistical, petulant, childish, b****. If he lets his agent manipulate him like you are suggesting, then he is even more flawed than I think he is.
It should be noted that a lot of actors, sports starts, and even novelists let themselves get manipulated by agents. Also I believe Cutler had a right to be pissed with how the FO handled the mess. That said he should move on and just focus on playing football for the Broncos at this point.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Quote:
It should be noted that a lot of actors, sports starts, and even novelists let themselves get manipulated by agents. Also I believe Cutler had a right to be pissed with how the FO handled the mess. That said he should move on and just focus on playing football for the Broncos at this point.
Amen
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

It is quite obvious that "The Source" of the conference call was Bus Cook.
The Broncos have nothing to gain by publicizing the fact the the phone conversation didn't end well. If they want to keep Jay - better to just be quite about it / if they want to trade- no reason to "lower" his trade value.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I would bet having someone like Cook is not helping things at this point.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

actually Buss has nothing to gain by Jay being traded. Jay wasn't asking for an extension for more money, he was asking for the extension as a form of good faith from the organization. if Jay is traded it is almost certain the team that aquires him, will not sign him long term and he will play out his rookie deal and hit FA where he will get paid then. because if he is traded to Detroit, there is no way in hell he is going to sign long-term to be a Detroit QB the rest of his career. short of being traded to a place like Minnesotta, where they are a good QB away from being a super bowl contender, expect him to play out the rest of his rookie contract and then cash in as a FA.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
If Cutler wants to be hurt by the idea that the Broncos considered taking a starting QB and 2 ist round picks for him but didn't, then fine he can be insulted I guess.

But for me I say what mess? There was no mess until Cutler started acting like McDaniels was balling his mother behind his back. GM's discussing possible trades happens all the freaking time. The fact that Cutler caught wind of it and felt like the Broncos kicked sand in his clit is the problem. How about manning up and removing any doubt whether they were right to keep you.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #10
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
actually Buss has nothing to gain by Jay being traded. Jay wasn't asking for an extension for more money, he was asking for the extension as a form of good faith from the organization. if Jay is traded it is almost certain the team that aquires him, will not sign him long term and he will play out his rookie deal and hit FA where he will get paid then. because if he is traded to Detroit, there is no way in hell he is going to sign long-term to be a Detroit QB the rest of his career. short of being traded to a place like Minnesotta, where they are a good QB away from being a super bowl contender, expect him to play out the rest of his rookie contract and then cash in as a FA.
The extension was only a offhanded comment the morning he found out about this mess... "I don't know if they don't think they'll be able to resign me." It's not really been big news. Teams often sign marquee or franchise players to big contracts after they trade for them, so I'd actually expect whoever got Cutler to do that. Sure it's not a 100% guarantee, but teams do it all the time, look it up. Like Cutler is going to say NO to millions upon millions being thrown at his face.

I have a feeling though that Cutler is going to realize his life without the O-line we have right now isn't going to be something he wants to deal with. I actually believe our O-line and the lack of hits/sacks he got last year (partially do to his mobility) is a big reason he'd want to stay here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
If Cutler wants to be hurt by the idea that the Broncos considered taking a starting QB and 2 ist round picks for him but didn't, then fine he can be insulted I guess.

But for me I say what mess? There was no mess until Cutler started acting like McDaniels was balling his mother behind his back. GM's discussing possible trades happens all the freaking time. The fact that Cutler caught wind of it and felt like the Broncos kicked sand in his clit is the problem. How about manning up and removing any doubt whether they were right to keep you.
The Detroit trade was speculation, the horrible Tampa Bay trade was the one that people thought was the real thing... aka, we trade our 1st for Tampa's 1st (we actually drop from 12th to 19th) and we lose Cutler for Cassel... that trade premise alone was beyond stupid.

Tell me how you'd feel if you had a new boss and he was thinking about replacing you with a friend of his? Knowing that the end result would mean you'd lose all your friends/teammates and have to move? Knowing that you made the Pro-Bowl and you felt that you earned the right to keep starting? Knowing that you had bought into McDaniels "kool aid" just to find out all that talk about a strong QB/HC relationship was rubbish. Just to find out one morning from a reporter that he was talked about in trade talks. There's no wonder he was pissed.

He does need to get over it and play football, but he has every right to be pissed at McDaniels over the BS that's gone on. I still believe though that Bus Cook has a lot to do with why it's still going on.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 03-11-2009 at 04:40 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #11
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Oh FYI...

I just found out that Randy Moss has used Buss Cook as his agent since 1998.

Can anyone say Minnesota mess followed by Oakland "I'm not gonna try hard" till he got traded.

Buss Cook is a parasite and he molds his players minds into creating bigger messes.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Cutler featured on Bus Cook website: http://buscooksports.com/
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Oh FYI...

I just found out that Randy Moss has used Buss Cook as his agent since 1998.

Can anyone say Minnesota mess followed by Oakland "I'm not gonna try hard" till he got traded.

Buss Cook is a parasite and he molds his players minds into creating bigger messes.
Why do you think Bret wanted him to come to GreenBay. Same agent.....
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #14
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Why do you think Bret wanted him to come to GreenBay. Same agent.....
That's a good point actually.

I'm starting to hate Bus Cook over this deal more than McTards handling of the situation.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #15
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Blaming the agent is weak. Especially when the player he works for is actually smart.

Cold fact is if he leaves, he'll probably make an extra $50 mill MINIMUM over his career. He doesn't need Denver right now, but Denver needs him.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #16
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Blaming the agent is weak. Especially when the player he works for is actually smart.

Cold fact is if he leaves, he'll probably make an extra $50 mill MINIMUM over his career. He doesn't need Denver right now, but Denver needs him.
Kind of hard not to with his track record of drama involving players.

Oh... by the way.

It turns out Bus Cook represents Calvin Johnson of the Lions.

Dun Dun Dunnn!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
The Detroit trade was speculation, the horrible Tampa Bay trade was the one that people thought was the real thing... aka, we trade our 1st for Tampa's 1st (we actually drop from 12th to 19th) and we lose Cutler for Cassel... that trade premise alone was beyond stupid.
Agreed. I think that would be a stupid trade, but I haven't heard anything to lend more credence to one scenario over another, and the fact that none of them actually happened renders them all moot. The only thing left to mull over is whether entertaining ANY offer for Cutler is taboo or not. I think we all know that the real answer is of course not. As a GM you at least listen.

Quote:
Tell me how you'd feel if you had a new boss and he was thinking about replacing you with a friend of his? Knowing that the end result would mean you'd lose all your friends/teammates and have to move? Knowing that you made the Pro-Bowl and you felt that you earned the right to keep starting? Knowing that you had bought into McDaniels "kool aid" just to find out all that talk about a strong QB/HC relationship was rubbish. Just to find out one morning from a reporter that he was talked about in trade talks. There's no wonder he was pissed.
I get new bosses all the time. Some of them shake things around right away. Some of them don't. Granted, an NFL QB whose demonstrated some success is afforded some special consideration, however, this is professional sports. His friends and teammates and having to relocated are completely and totally non-factors. If him not getting to play with his buddies in the NFL is an issue, then Jay Cutler simply doesn't have the right stuff. I doubt that this is part of the problem really. I expect that the nature of Cutler's finding out about the trade discussion is the real problem. He feels "betrayed." He has a leg to stand on. If everyone is tradable, he shouldn't have been led to believe that he wasn't (if that's the case). Regardless of how he feels though, his acting out the way he is is pathetic. I used to think he was a potentially great QB with some flawed leadership. Now I think he's a humongous p***Y.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Kind of hard not to with his track record of drama involving players.

Oh... by the way.

It turns out Bus Cook represents Calvin Johnson of the Lions.

Dun Dun Dunnn!
I'm not so sure we can blame Bus that Brett can't make his ****ing mind up...
Old 03-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
I'm not so sure we can blame Bus that Brett can't make his ****ing mind up...
Bus helped fuel the drama fire. There was no real need for things to end how they did because Brett couldn't make his mind up. Everything could have been kept down low and quiet, but it seems Bus likes huge spectacles.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Bus helped fuel the drama fire. There was no real need for things to end how they did because Brett couldn't make his mind up. Everything could have been kept down low and quiet, but it seems Bus likes huge spectacles.
I really think Brett loves attention, really.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #21
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

This is exactly why Cutler/Cook are gonna make things very difficult for the Broncos. This is Cooks only leverage for Jay too. But McX are playing hard ball. I've got a feeling that Jay is only going to show up for mandatory practices. He's gonna do the absolute contract minimum if he wants out.

Also, no one knows if Cook/Shanny had some kind of verbal arrangement of some kind. Maybe Shanny made promises that got shelved when he left.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
[/B]

This is exactly why Cutler/Cook are gonna make things very difficult for the Broncos. This is Cooks only leverage for Jay too. But McX are playing hard ball. I've got a feeling that Jay is only going to show up for mandatory practices. He's gonna do the absolute contract minimum if he wants out.

Also, no one knows if Cook/Shanny had some kind of verbal arrangement of some kind. Maybe Shanny made promises that got shelved when he left.
Has anyone thought that maybe McDaniels was told to explore other options because Bowlen doesn't think he has the money to pay Cutler?
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #23
extralife
Ring of Famer

There is no doubt in my mind that Bus would like to see Cutler traded. I'm not so sure that's a big influence on Jay's actions and decisions, however.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #24
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Has anyone thought that maybe McDaniels was told to explore other options because Bowlen doesn't think he has the money to pay Cutler?
Well, considering Jay Culter will be one of the cheapest starting QBs in the NFL next year and Matt Cassel will be one of the most expensive, I'm going to doubt it.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #25
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Well, considering Jay Culter will be one of the cheapest starting QBs in the NFL next year and Matt Cassel will be one of the most expensive, I'm going to doubt it.
I am thinking long term.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote