The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
DScribe
Just Drafted
 
Will write for food

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Job purgatory
Posts: 1
Default An open letter from Lee Rasizer

So not to seem presumptuous, this is the reporter who, at times, sparked debate, conversation and ridicule (hopefully not too much of the latter) for his Broncos coverage over the past decade for the now-defunct Rocky Mountain News.
And yes, I've been known to be lurker here. Not all the time. More on an occassional basis.
But come on, guys: My handle is 'DScribe.'
Makes sense now, doesn't it?
Really, I just wanted to write a personal note to the members of the Mane for their support over the years. And I wanted to do so after the initial wave of free agency, which would no doubt occupy the immediate thoughts of Broncos fans when that period fell just hours after the doors were chained and locked at the RMN in late February.
My main point I wanted to get across to you diehards was that this site was a helpful outlet for someone in my former position, though maybe not in the way you might think. I didn't immediately accept the notions presented by posters. I would disagree strongly with many of the comments, in fact.
But what the Mane did provide was a pulse on what the rabid fan was thinking, and by extension, the site would periodically provide ideas on what subjects the core Broncos fans wondered about most.
If I didn't know the answer and hadn't previously addressed that topic, I would, if possible, try to find out the reasons behind your questions and get them in print -- except why Denver kept picking old, washed-up defensive linemen. There's still been no explanation for that.
I'll miss sifting through and pulling out those tidbits in the future for you guys/gals -- and others -- as I head into the future, which may or may not include my doing future Broncos coverage on a broad scale.
But if I could impose on some of you for information one time, I ask you this.
You've seen my writing (or used it to train puppies). You've either liked or loathed my creativity. You've probably ascertained I'm at least competent in a high-pressure, deadline-driven job. I want to remain in Denver but am trying to forge a new career path.
Any (legitimate) suggestions?
And, no, working at the Diamond Cabaret isn't what I'm seeking. That's for Kaylore
What jobs do you think could benefit someone with my skill set?
I really am open to new opportunities but am having trouble nailing down exactly where I fit in the new (translation sh*tty) economy since newspapers have essentially been my life's work.
If you have any legit ideas, email me at DScribe303@aol.com
I'm especially interested in hearing from those people in the business world in metro Denver about whether a lack of solid writing is an issue in their companies/field around town.
And for those wanting to know my take on Jay Cutler (and there are at least a couple, since I've gotten e-mails) ... there's blame on both sides.
The big question is whether they can co-exist in the future, and quickly.
Best regards to all.
And who knows, maybe I'll even write a story or two on that topic -- or some new, old defensive linemen -- sooner rather than never.
As the Joe Strummer bio-pic states, 'The Future is Unwritten ..."
Thanks again for reading my stuff over the years ... LR
DScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

I want a kickback if my stuff was ever used.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 25,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

I miss the RMN

Good luck going forward sir.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,079

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Just sent you an e-mail Lee.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
Marshall Dumervil
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 346

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I enjoyed reading your articles Lee. Once my transferred subsciption to the Post ends, I'm done with it, I liked the RMN sports writers. Bernie used to piss me off though. Anyway, best of luck with your job search I hope you can find something soon and maybe continue to cover the Broncos.
Marshall Dumervil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Two weeks from everywhere
Posts: 1,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

What the over/under on a 100PR comment?
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #7
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,568
Default

Best of luck, but you really needed to add a poll.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,876

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Thanks Lee, and that is too bad about your newspaper. I really hope that professional journalism doesn't die along with print media. This country will be for worse off for it.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Lee, you know what Dave Barry says about those English degrees. I got one. Now I work in a hospital. I'm still working on the great American novel. Switch over to medicine or mortuaries. There's an endless supply of customers.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

You were one of the best writers Denver had. DP made a mistake not bringing you over. Thanks for the great articles.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 25,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Thanks Lee, and that is too bad about your newspaper. I really hope that professional journalism doesn't die along with print media. This country will be for worse off for it.
QFT

The internets run wild with total BS. Dont believe me stop by the WRP forum here at the main.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #12
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Thanks Lee. We miss you and the paper a lot.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,898

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Now that's a lurker....

Good luck and thanks!

Forget plastics...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #14
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

People make money writing on the intergoogles. You may want to look into that with some of your former colleagues and consider starting your own site.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #15
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Lee,

Thanks for the good journalism! Unfortunately, that is not enough anymore it seems. I for one will miss your articles and wish you the best. Too bad I do not live in DEN, I could help in INDY, but not there. I know INDY could use someone to take over for Kravitz the instigator
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,566

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

I still can't Believe WoodyPaige has a Job in this town
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #17
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,515

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
And, no, working at the Diamond Cabaret isn't what I'm seeking.
Then I got nothin'

Seriously, thanks for everything, Lee. Thanks for everything, Lee. You were awesome.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScribe View Post
So not to seem presumptuous, this is the reporter who, at times, sparked debate, conversation and ridicule (hopefully not too much of the latter) for his Broncos coverage over the past decade for the now-defunct Rocky Mountain News.
And yes, I've been known to be lurker here. Not all the time. More on an occassional basis.
But come on, guys: My handle is 'DScribe.'
Makes sense now, doesn't it?
Really, I just wanted to write a personal note to the members of the Mane for their support over the years. And I wanted to do so after the initial wave of free agency, which would no doubt occupy the immediate thoughts of Broncos fans when that period fell just hours after the doors were chained and locked at the RMN in late February.
My main point I wanted to get across to you diehards was that this site was a helpful outlet for someone in my former position, though maybe not in the way you might think. I didn't immediately accept the notions presented by posters. I would disagree strongly with many of the comments, in fact.
But what the Mane did provide was a pulse on what the rabid fan was thinking, and by extension, the site would periodically provide ideas on what subjects the core Broncos fans wondered about most.
If I didn't know the answer and hadn't previously addressed that topic, I would, if possible, try to find out the reasons behind your questions and get them in print -- except why Denver kept picking old, washed-up defensive linemen. There's still been no explanation for that.
I'll miss sifting through and pulling out those tidbits in the future for you guys/gals -- and others -- as I head into the future, which may or may not include my doing future Broncos coverage on a broad scale.
But if I could impose on some of you for information one time, I ask you this.
You've seen my writing (or used it to train puppies). You've either liked or loathed my creativity. You've probably ascertained I'm at least competent in a high-pressure, deadline-driven job. I want to remain in Denver but am trying to forge a new career path.
Any (legitimate) suggestions?
And, no, working at the Diamond Cabaret isn't what I'm seeking. That's for Kaylore
What jobs do you think could benefit someone with my skill set?
I really am open to new opportunities but am having trouble nailing down exactly where I fit in the new (translation sh*tty) economy since newspapers have essentially been my life's work.
If you have any legit ideas, email me at DScribe303@aol.com
I'm especially interested in hearing from those people in the business world in metro Denver about whether a lack of solid writing is an issue in their companies/field around town.
And for those wanting to know my take on Jay Cutler (and there are at least a couple, since I've gotten e-mails) ... there's blame on both sides.
The big question is whether they can co-exist in the future, and quickly.
Best regards to all.
And who knows, maybe I'll even write a story or two on that topic -- or some new, old defensive linemen -- sooner rather than never.
As the Joe Strummer bio-pic states, 'The Future is Unwritten ..."
Thanks again for reading my stuff over the years ... LR
Lee, good luck. I dont live in Colorado anymore and I was sad to hear the RMN ceasing circulation.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Thats depressing that Lee needs to ask the mane for job advice And why did he never write an article about moving Dumervil to MLB? By the way, who was the genius that originally suggested that?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #20
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

I think Lee Rasizer aka DScribe aka arghemtee might be Bob.

Last edited by bowtown; 03-11-2009 at 02:49 PM..
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #21
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,898

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I think Lee Rasizer aka DScribe aka arghemtee might be Bob.
I had that thought too but I now think it is genuine but don't ask me why.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,676

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

I emailed Krieger a few times but never had any issues with Lee.

What ever you don't don't give it away on the InternETS for free. Make people pay you for it.

Best of luck

Steve
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #23
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran
 
LittleFloyd's Avatar
 
Kick a$$ runner.

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Lee, you are an excellent writer/reporter and I miss your stuff. Well done sir.
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I had that thought too but I now think it is genuine but don't ask me why.
well, he made his account in 04...that would be some incredible foresight on bob's part
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #25
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,480
Default

Good luck Lee

Hope to see you post more now.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Denver Broncos