The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default Cutler is Way Ahead on the PR Battle

It has become very apperant that Cutler is way ahead on the PR Department. His Message is getting out quicker and thus gets seen as fact before the Broncos even Respond. This to me is a telling sign. Cutler actually wants out. But he wants to stay the good guy too. This is a very delicate balance to walk. Force your way out with 2-3 years left on your rookie deal and the fans tend to turn on you. But with the McD as a new coach he needs to make it seem like he was forced out. There is very good reason for him wanting to go. For one he is not making much money this year 1.5 Mill. And only 6.x next year. He gets out and gets a new deal he makes 30-40 guaranteed. Plus he hits FA 2 years sooner again. Probably in his Early 30's Getting him an additional 40-50Mill. If he gets out now he will actually probably gain-20-30 Million in new dollars. This is a big incentive for him to not be happy. Why else do some of the things he is doing. Why leak everything to the media? If a player wanted to stay in Denver there is no reason to do this. It is obvious Denvers FO did not see this coming. They are behind with every press report. They thought that Cutler had an actual beef about the trade reports. They call talk try and smooth things over. From there perspectives nothing contentious is said. They then go to bed. Next Morning get up Read the post and see-"Cutler More Pissed now than before" WTF? There is no Reason to Leak this out unless you are trying to get traded.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
It has become very apperant that Cutler is way ahead on the PR Department. His Message is getting out quicker and thus gets seen as fact before the Broncos even Respond. This to me is a telling sign. Cutler actually wants out. But he wants to stay the good guy too. This is a very delicate balance to walk. Force your way out with 2-3 years left on your rookie deal and the fans tend to turn on you. But with the McD as a new coach he needs to make it seem like he was forced out. There is very good reason for him wanting to go. For one he is not making much money this year 1.5 Mill. And only 6.x next year. He gets out and gets a new deal he makes 30-40 guaranteed. Plus he hits FA 2 years sooner again. Probably in his Early 30's Getting him an additional 40-50Mill. If he gets out now he will actually probably gain-20-30 Million in new dollars. This is a big incentive for him to not be happy. Why else do some of the things he is doing. Why leak everything to the media? If a player wanted to stay in Denver there is no reason to do this. It is obvious Denvers FO did not see this coming. They are behind with every press report. They thought that Cutler had an actual beef about the trade reports. They call talk try and smooth things over. From there perspectives nothing contentious is said. They then go to bed. Next Morning get up Read the post and see-"Cutler More Pissed now than before" WTF? There is no Reason to Leak this out unless you are trying to get traded.
Sadly, I think this is probably accurate.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

It could be a lot of things. It could be that Jay wants out of Denver, it could be that these "sources" are keeping this story going by blowing smoke. I don't know, but I want this all to end.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

We'll learn a little more about Jay's desire to stay with the broncos on Monday.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

You know we never landed on the moon right.....
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I think that Cutler started all these trade rumors himself...trying to get traded to make this scenerio possible. Damn his is smarter than I ever thought.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Cutler is the one to actually have the balls to talk to the media and put his face with his words rather than anonymous leaks and ''no comment'' one liners.

Lets not kid anyone, we all know what ''no comment'' meant.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Not the first time Bus Cook has stirred up some drama for his clients.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
This is a possible scenario here, but I wouldn't bet on this being a winning strategy for Cutler. He is going to lose a lot of respect both here ( which if this is really where he is coming from he likely could care less about) but also around the rest of the league and will start to take on 'TO-like' rep around the league and in the eyes of fans in general.

Not to mention possibly losing out on a lot of advertising $$$$ bucks as well if this rep as a spoiled boy who hurt the Broncos prevails.

Plus, he may not land in football paradise like he might envision and could very easily be sent to a team with an offense as lousy as our defense was the past two years and then he is ****ed for sure for the next few years at least.

Lets see how he likes playing behind a sieve of an offensive line and watch his INT/TD ratio sky rocket!? Watch his knee's, shoulder and head take a brutal pounding from getting sacked 40 or 50 times plus a year and see all this talent go to waste as just another guy with a world of talent who through "bad luck' and his own undoing wound up wasting it all.

That's a real possibility too, and by the time his next contract comes up he may have gone through two more teams and is then vying as somebodies backup!

That too is what rolling this particular dice might bring him as well, if he is so eager to jump out of what is a very sweet deal for him here with this O-line and a coach who has proven to be a QB mastermind and has run several offensive powerhouse teams the past few years.

In any event, this is all speculation obviously, but be careful what you wish for Jay!

I hope none of it comes true and Cutler wins 4 super bowls with McDaniels and they can call sit around laugh about it by the pool in twelve years time.

Last edited by Hulamau; 03-11-2009 at 10:30 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Cutler is the one to actually have the balls to talk to the media and put his face with his words rather than anonymous leaks and ''no comment'' one liners.

Lets not kid anyone, we all know what ''no comment'' meant.
The Broncos have not been the anonymous leak. They have nothing to gain from any of them that have occurred.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

People are not understanding at all. There is no value in return right now for Jay. We are not trading him for any 2nd rate QB's in this league and picks. We are not trading him for another top 5 QB such as McNabb or somebody. He is not a FA. He is not going anywhere. He can play games if he wants, talk to the media, whatever. He's not going anywhere. He will be taking snaps for the Broncos so lets be done with this foolish jibber jabber.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #13
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Okay, answer this, Why did McD say last week, we are not trading Cutler, blah blah blah. And then yesterday in the meeting with Cutler he said"Cutler said the meeting didn't go as hoped, according to the NFL source, adding that McDaniels reiterated no one is untradable for the sake of improving the team and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday. "
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Okay, answer this, Why did McD say last week, we are not trading Cutler, blah blah blah. And then yesterday in the meeting with Cutler he said"Cutler said the meeting didn't go as hoped, according to the NFL source, adding that McDaniels reiterated no one is untradable for the sake of improving the team and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday. "
I know, that one bothers me. You can't have it both ways. If you want to send the message that for the right offers anyone can be had including Miles, then you can't say you don't want to trade Cutler. If you say you don't want to trade him, then you also have to say that there is no offer that could be made.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #15
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
He will be taking snaps for the Broncos so lets be done with this foolish jibber jabber.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #16
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
McD: Bottom line, Jay, we're not going to trade you. I want to win some ball games next year - with you as the QB. Unless someone better comes along and by better I mean someone who will just stfu and do as I say.

Jay: WTF dude?
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #17
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Jay and you are my QB and we are going to do big things. But I am the coach.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #18
alpine
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Not the first time Bus Cook has stirred up some drama for his clients.
Rep. Follow the money.
alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #19
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
We'll learn a little more about Jay's desire to stay with McDaniels on Monday.
Fixed
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #20
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

All this just for a new contract? If that's what this is all about, I'd respect him more if he just said he wanted to renegotiate.

Instead, all we get are these whiny rants that he feels disrespected. I've always believed that respect is earned.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #21
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I think that Cutler started all these trade rumors himself...trying to get traded to make this scenerio possible. Damn his is smarter than I ever thought.
Ya get the feeling he trying to get moved outta Denver. He just may want the out.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #22
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

neither one of these a-holes (cutler****er and mc****face )have proven **** to me yet.

Pat Bowlen should get off his drunk ass and go botch a few interviews.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #23
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think rugbythug makes an excellent, well thought out observation. But does it not also seem like these two guys dont like each other? It seems like theres more to it than just money. If Shanahan was here, I doubt this would be happening. So I think something about McDaniels has rubbed Cutler the wrong way going back. I also think that its possible that Jay may have said something to Bowlen that he didnt want to hear when he called Jay to discuss firing Shanahan. I wouldnt discount Bowlen having an axe to grind against Cutler as well. Who knows?
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #24
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
McDaniels listened to an offer involving Cassel, hence the "untradable" remark. After Cassel was no longer an option and there isn't any other attractive alternatives to consider, he is now "not trading" Cutler. Personally, I have no problem with the remarks. He simply listened to an offer involving a familiar QB and since that is no longer a possibility, Cutler is now not going to be traded.
slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #25
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
It has become very apperant that Cutler is way ahead on the PR Department. His Message is getting out quicker and thus gets seen as fact before the Broncos even Respond.
Josh is in way over his head. They're "not responding" quick enough because Josh is a COACH, and that's all he is. He has ZERO background to be GM, but Bowlen has given him those powers and thrown him in the deep end.

I'm on Jay's side, now. Is he a prima donna? Probably, but I don't care anymore, he's OUR prima donna, and he deserves a coach he can trust.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote