The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #1
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Default Pros: "Cutler aloof... why the sense of entitlement?"

Two former Champions, one Bronco... just a couple more to add to the list of people saying the same thing...

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
Mr Chatterboodamn
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cory Boyd

In retirement, Johnny Unitas said, "You're not an NFL quarterback until you can tell your coach to go to hell!"

I would think this would especially apply to insecure 32-year old Napoleonic-complexed coaches.

Sorry, Popps, please continue to fellate the corporate pudding pop.
Mr Chatterboodamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:53 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Hopefully, Jay has ears to hear the veterans.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:01 AM   #4
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Hopefully, Jay has ears to hear the veterans.
Brilliantly stated Stink!! Jay is proving everything that Rivers and the Chargers say about him is 100% correct. PUNK !!!
Put your pink towel over your head and "lay low " for a while.
ol number 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I always wonder why people video tape the TV for youtube.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #6
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

[IMG][/IMG]
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #7
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Jay Champ Bailey was traded

AT least ESPN talks about the Broncos now WOO HOO.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 03-11-2009 at 06:26 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post

Bailey was tradeD?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #9
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chatterboodamn View Post
In retirement, Johnny Unitas said, "You're not an NFL quarterback until you can tell your coach to go to hell!"

I would think this would especially apply to insecure 32-year old Napoleonic-complexed coaches.

It also implies that you need to EARN that rite. Otherwise you're just Ryan Leaf, Jeff George, and a hundreed other talents that amounted to nothing because they refused to accept that they weren't the entire show.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:22 AM   #10
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post

WTF?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #11
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
WTF?
he was saying even Champ Bailey was traded(back from the WA days) just saying regardless how good you are, if you can make the team better, ya gotta trade
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #12
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

There were even more people talking about how Elway was a puss for not playing for the Colts liar, Bob Irsay.

People for years disparaged Elway over the sense of entitlement he felt after accomplishing NOTHING at Stanford (no bowl game). He felt he could dictate where he went regardless of the draft, NFL process et al. Not only did he get his way. It change the course of two franchises for decades.

To me this is not a black and white issue. There is culpability on both sides.
However, I have no idea why people feel the need to throw a clip of ESPN talking heads when trying to defend their point? As if the fact that Mark says something makes it more valid. Opinions are like a-holes.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #13
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
There were even more people talking about how Elway was a puss for not playing for the Colts
Oh, i can assure you nothing has changed much. They still hate John to this very day.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #14
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer

This space for rent

Quote:

Dude, he even basically told Bowlen to go to hell after blowing off his phone calls...
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #15
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:

Yea, because Cutler is Johnny Unitas.

I love this place. It's like Lifetime Network and Comedy Central combined.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #16
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Two former Champions, one Bronco... just a couple more to add to the list of people saying the same thing...

I love common sense like Schlereth and Trent Dilfer just shared .. smells like ...Victory! :-)
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #17
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:

It's not a "Napoleonic-complex" for an NFL coach to--gasp--think they have the power to make major personnel decisions and shape the team. It's the job he was hired to do. Bowlen didn't say "make some minor changes, but don't rock the boat too much." He told him to instill his vision and make it happen.

You hate the direction McDaniels is going? That's completely legitimate on your part, but that doesn't make what he is doing a power trip. Almost every NFL analyst and veteran that has spoken on the subject has sided with the coaches because they understand how things work in the NFL. Doesn't mean you have to think he's being smart or wise, but it doesn't take a raging ego to want players to follow your system if you're an NFL coach.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #18
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
However, I have no idea why people feel the need to throw a clip of ESPN talking heads when trying to defend their point? As if the fact that Mark says something makes it more valid. Opinions are like a-holes.
Some opinions are more informed than others. In this case, you have two former NFL players--two guys universally considered classy, team guys--who say Jay needs to get over his sense of entitlement. Sharpe and Jaws have said similar things in recent days. It kind of gives you insight into what guys in our own locker room may be thinking. I have a suspicion that a lot of guys are none too pleased with Jay's above-the-team attitude.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #19
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Some opinions are more informed than others. In this case, you have two former NFL players--two guys universally considered classy, team guys--who say Jay needs to get over his sense of entitlement. Sharpe and Jaws have said similar things in recent days. It kind of gives you insight into what guys in our own locker room may be thinking. I have a suspicion that a lot of guys are none too pleased with Jay's above-the-team attitude.
There's a poll around here that's fairly split on what the locker room thinks. I voted that it's probably split, but I have to wonder.

The old pros are all telling Jay the same thing, but Jay is just too smart to listen.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #20
Old No. 7
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Theft of E-Roy

Your Head Coach wants my Quarterback; that will never NOT be hilarious.
Old No. 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #21
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
It's not a "Napoleonic-complex" for an NFL coach to--gasp--think they have the power to make major personnel decisions and shape the team. It's the job he was hired to do. Bowlen didn't say "make some minor changes, but don't rock the boat too much." He told him to instill his vision and make it happen.

You hate the direction McDaniels is going? That's completely legitimate on your part, but that doesn't make what he is doing a power trip. Almost every NFL analyst and veteran that has spoken on the subject has sided with the coaches because they understand how things work in the NFL. Doesn't mean you have to think he's being smart or wise, but it doesn't take a raging ego to want players to follow your system if you're an NFL coach.
Not entirely true. Many coaches in the league DON'T have the power to make major personnel changes. Shanny DID, and that is one reason he's gone. Sparky was brought in to COACH the players on the field. This guy Xanders was brought in to run the FO. Sure coaches have say in the personnel, how much depends on the situation.
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #22
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

I think Jay is being immature, but I think it is unfair to bash him for what the Broncos record has been with him as the starter.

We had the worst defense I have ever seen last year, withouth Jay we would not of even been competitive.

This Tradegate fiasco is clouding people's judgements a bit I think
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #23
DrFate
Lord of Order

Why does any player have a sense of entitlement? Why does any person?

I am pretty good at my job. If I heard the boss was looking to replace me with some guy off the street without my experience or education (my skillz), I'd be pretty peeved too. Sure it's his deal, and sure I can go somewhere else. But I'd be really confused as to why you want to replace me with some second hand guy who has never been 'the guy'.

The closest NFL parallel I can draw from existing NFL teams is this. Drew Brees is a good QB, puts up gaudy numbers, has never won diddle. Not because he isn't a good player (cause he is) but cause everyone needs help to win.

If a coach went to the Saints and the first real move was to trade Brees for a lifetime backup, there would be backlash. The players have committed to Brees, the city has committed to Brees. They have been looking for a solid player at that position for a long time. It isn't 'we were bowled over by the offer', it is 'I'd rather have the lifetime backup than Brees'.

If somebody came to Denver and offered every draft pick for the next 5 years for Cutler, I'm sure they'd listen. But that wasn't the situation here. Somebody (Sparky, Xanders, Bowlen) preferred a lifetime backup to Cutler. The fact that this move was considered makes me question the leadership on this team, after being a fan for 22 years. I can't figure out how it improves a team that has a really good offense (even with zero talent at RB, except Hillis) and an abomindable defense.
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #24
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
If somebody came to Denver and offered every draft pick for the next 5 years for Cutler, I'm sure they'd listen. But that wasn't the situation here. Somebody (Sparky, Xanders, Bowlen) preferred a lifetime backup to Cutler. The fact that this move was considered makes me question the leadership on this team, after being a fan for 22 years. I can't figure out how it improves a team that has a really good offense (even with zero talent at RB, except Hillis) and an abomindable defense.
Again, that's baseless speculation on your part, and a false premise.

Jay Cutler was offended by the VERY IDEA that he could be traded.

So, you're missing the point here, as well as basing your argument on what you HOPE to be true, not the actual stories that are being reported.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #25
Old No. 7
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Theft of E-Roy

Misses his Shannahan Blanky.
Old No. 7 is offline   Reply With Quote