The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you stand with more information coming in...
I remain in Cutler's camp and believe the staff is in the wrong 58 31.02%
I've grown more weary and now believe it's time for Cutler to make this right. 129 68.98%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 AM   #1
Popps
It's so easy

Default Jay Cutler: Taking the forum's temperature...

It's the elephant in the room, and no one is ignoring it. So, we may as well see where people are with regards to the situation. No other issue seems to be able to trump this one right now, and probably for good reason.

So, given the new information that Cutler/Staff have spoken and the end result is that Jay has stated that he is unsure about attending camp, and I would assume unsure about wanting to play for the Broncos... where do you stand on the issue?

Only two options, so round up or round down...
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Trade him if he doesn't get in line with the new regime. Right or wrong, that's the way it is.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

He needs to realize he isn't bigger then the organization...
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Trade him if he doesn't get in line with the new regime. Right or wrong, that's the way it is.
He's hurting his trade-value, though.

One would think that if he didn't want to play in Denver, he'd try to work with the staff to get out. But, he's just sort of folding his arms and pouting.

So, how do we trade that? Certainly, someone will snap him up. No question. But, if Jay wants out of town... wouldn't he help his own cause by appearing NOT to be a problem-case?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:36 AM   #5
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

After Sandy Clough reported the #1 and #20 offer ... a deal that Shannon Sharpe kinda reiterated ... I'm thinking maybe we should have taken it. And the reason I'm changing around on this is that Jay is really acting like a baby. Being torqued off at first is okay - they should've called him and kept him in the loop. But now, feeding a reporter the story "I might not show up Monday" ... that's just not cool. Time is up on the pouting, Jay.

Before I can answer, though ... I need to know what the offer is.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:39 AM   #6
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
After Sandy Clough reported the #1 and #20 offer ... a deal that Shannon Sharpe kinda reiterated ... I'm thinking maybe we should have taken it. And the reason I'm changing around on this is that Jay is really acting like a baby. Being torqued off at first is okay - they should've called him and kept him in the loop. But now, feeding a reporter the story "I might not show up Monday" ... that's just not cool. Time is up on the pouting, Jay.

Before I can answer, though ... I need to know what the offer is.
Well, no matter what the offer is... it's just a temperature poll. At THIS stage, with all of the info in, and considering where we are... do you think the staff is holding up the team's best interests, or do you think Cutler is?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:44 AM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default From another thread....

I dont repost stuff often but its vaild here too...

There are far worse first round QBs that got more time to prove themselves then what most here are giving Jay. The sad thing is he is way better then guys like Vick, Heath Shuler, Akili Smith, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, David Klingler, Dan McGwire, and Rick Mirer. Most of them got multiple years to prove their worth in the NFL with little to no reason to believe that they would ever amount to anything other then a bust.

Here we have Jay who doesn't always handle things well but on the field he gives us lots of reasons to believe that he can take us to the next level but instead we get a rookie HC that wants to ship him out before we even know if we have a Manning or a David Carr.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

If McD had come into Dove Valley with the full intention of decimating this team, he couldn't have succeeded more completely than he has in just a few short weeks.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Make Jay join the military and ship his ass off to Iraq, He will find out how damn good he has it after Ackmed fires a gun at his crying ass.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #10
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
If McD had come into Dove Valley with the full intention of decimating this team, he couldn't have succeeded more completely than he has in just a few short weeks.
Sure he could of, He could of offered our 1st and Jay to the Patriots for Cassell
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #11
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Make Jay join the military and ship his ass off to Iraq, He will find out how damn good he has it after Ackmed fires a gun at his crying ass.
Better yet, send McD there.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:02 AM   #12
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
What, you mean his Sergeant wouldn't apologize to him for potentially sending him on a different mission than he had in mind that day?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:08 AM   #13
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Cutler's being ****ed raw with a sandpaper condom.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #14
Popps
It's so easy

Taco's telling me that no one else on the planet thinks Jay has potential personality issues. Yep, it's all just lies I'm making up....

"Is it his sub-.500 winning percentage that gives him his sense of entitlement?"

Just two more in a long string of professionals who have come out and said that the kid needs to grow the **** up.

But, what would all of these former Superbowl winners know.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #15
Popps
It's so easy

Hey Taco,

What an odd coincidence... these two pros are saying the EXACT same thing I've been saying on this forum since this started.

Jay is hurting HIS OWN cause with his actions. Even if you believe he isn't at fault, he's still hurting HIS OWN cause with his crybaby bull****.

Weird that all of these pros are so off-base, huh?

Wow, these former champions are also saying that Josh is asserting himself as the leader and that Jay needs to respect that.

Who'da thunk it!?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:15 AM   #16
SlipperyPete
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
He's hurting his trade-value, though.
If you'd have said when the season ended that Jay would be traded, the sky would have been the limit for the kind of compensation we'd get.

Today, I'd say we're probably only looking at getting around 75% of what his actual trade value should be. It's a combo of the team not having a strong position in the negotiations and more of the bloom coming off Jay's rose.

If he doesn't report on Monday, it freefalls from there. Any trade discussions would basically be saying "We've got a problem, do us a favor and take this guy off our hands".

Which isn't to say we won't get anything good. We'd have to at least get someone's first round pick, but any dreams of multiple first-rounders or firsts and seconds and all that is out the window. Honestly, as it stands now I'd be surprised if we managed to get more than Jared Allen went for last year, and a young QB should be worth far more than a DE with a checkered off-field history.

It's mind-boggling how badly this has been handled from both ends.
SlipperyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #17
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete View Post
If you'd have said when the season ended that Jay would be traded, the sky would have been the limit for the kind of compensation we'd get.

Today, I'd say we're probably only looking at getting around 75% of what his actual trade value should be. It's a combo of the team not having a strong position in the negotiations and more of the bloom coming off Jay's rose.

If he doesn't report on Monday, it freefalls from there. Any trade discussions would basically be saying "We've got a problem, do us a favor and take this guy off our hands".

Which isn't to say we won't get anything good. We'd have to at least get someone's first round pick, but any dreams of multiple first-rounders or firsts and seconds and all that is out the window. Honestly, as it stands now I'd be surprised if we managed to get more than Jared Allen went for last year, and a young QB should be worth far more than a DE with a checkered off-field history.

Agree, there's probably blame on both sides... but at this point, I think Cutler holds the key to this working out for HIMSELF, as much as anyone, and oddly... he just seems perfectly happy poisoning his own waters.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:20 AM   #18
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete View Post

It's also because McD is widely viewed as a dumbass who would consider trading a franchise QB for a day-old ham sammich.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #19
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Ripping Cutler for his winning percentage is absolutely idiotic.

You might as well rip Marino for not winning a Super Bowl.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #20
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Ripping Cutler for his winning percentage is absolutely idiotic.

You might as well rip Marino for not winning a Super Bowl.

So, when you give input... knowing people would rather step in dog poop than read your posts, what's your motivation?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:42 AM   #21
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
And he has way too much power ... Xanders is obviosuly a figurehead, so that means Josh has Sanahan power already, and he's too young and inexperienced for that. He's in over his head here.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:44 AM   #22
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
So, when you give input... knowing people would rather step in dog poop than read your posts, what's your motivation?
I know you read them, so that's good enough.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:48 AM   #23
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Actually I agree with Bob here ... you can't hang a W-L percentage on a rookie/young quarterback for a team with the worst defense in the league, you just can't do it.

And even though Jay might have personality issues - and I think he prolly does - Josh did lie to him. And that breaks the trust between two guys that have to be very close.

I can see both sides - Jay is pouting, and Josh is in over his head.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:21 AM   #24
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Sadly I agree with him too, its absolutely idiotic to use W/L record against Cutler given the overall talent level on the team, especially on the D. Its sad when a notorious chief troll is a voice of reason. That said I don't think Cutler deserves any kind of free pass on this, he has acted just as stupid as the front office in this whole thing. So both the face of the franchise player and the head coach/front office have both come across looking like idiots, great...

I REALLY look forward to this offseason ending ASAP, but I fear what kind of team we will when it is over...

These are dark times indeed...
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:08 AM   #25
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There needs to be a 3rd option on the poll.

'Cutler needs to grow the **** up' would suffice.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote