The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default I wish the trade had gone through

When I first learned that we might be trading Cutler, I was horrified. How in the world could we trade our QB of the future? Our gunslinger? The guy who can make all the throws? He is the cornerstone of this franchise and we all have high hopes for him to finally replace John and bring the Broncs back to the glory days.

Well, all of that is great if you have a psyche and emotional maturity that matches your physical talent level. Cutler does not. Period. His behavior during this whole ordeal has been absolutely disgraceful. The NFL is a business and every player in the league has their name come up in trade talks. Players no longer have a loyalty to teams anymore, except in very rare cases like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Heck, even Brett Favre left Green Bay where he was an icon. Players move on to new situations in the NFL, it's just standard operating procedure. 98% of the players in this league get that. But not our boy.

If it is true that we would have received Cassel with a first and a third, that would have been great value for a punk who thinks he has arrived but hasn't done a damn thing in this league yet. Even when I was all for keeping Cutler here, that deal would have given us a QB that knows McDaniels system and picks to help rebuild our defense.

If Jay comes around and grows up a bit, great. Honestly, the way things have developed over the past week or so, I hope we can still get some kind of value for him. McDaniels is remaking this team with his vision, and we do not have time to coddle any egos here. Do your job and play hard, or get out. And don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Get Detroit on the phone. Jay for their #20 over all, with maybe a 4th rounder thrown in, looks pretty good right now.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
scttgrd
Just treading water

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall

And who do you replace him with?
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
yerner
Ring of Famer

nothing like reading a post whining about jay cutler whining.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I love how everybody preaches this high and mighty crap that Cutler should just take this trade talk like a man and embrace it....

Sorry, any prideful person who pours his soul into something feels hurt, upset, angry when there are double dealings behind their back.

ANYBODY in their jobs right now, if they care about that job or has something riding on that job would be pissed if their bosses talked openly about replacing them from other sources.

If you deny it, you are a liar and/or hate your job.

Cutler has everything in Denver. Denver is his first franchise, home to some of his best friends and teammates he was drafted with that have worked their way up to being one of the top young offenses in the league, he also owns A HOUSE in Denver with his parents, etcetera.

I don't think Jay has reacted poorly to the situation. I think he's acted like somebody who is hurt by the situation and doesn't trust the party in control of his fate. I think they are fake and their words change daily.

BUT HEY, all those mightier than thou people think he should just go sit in the corner and wait for the FO to decide what to do with him and then be okay with it.

Come on, get real.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Like I say... I can't blame Jay. The front office screwed up, and then tried to dump it in Jay's lap as if it was all his fault. All they had to do today was come out and say, "look, sorry for the misunderstanding. You're our guy. Let's put this behind us."

Instead, they treated him like this whole issue was his fault and they had no faults to speak of.

If I was Jay, I'd say, "fine, trade me. I don't need this."

All they had to do was show a little respect for jerking him around.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I love how everybody preaches this high and mighty crap that Cutler should just take this trade talk like a man and embrace it....

Sorry, any prideful person who pours his soul into something feels hurt, upset, angry when there are double dealings behind their back.

ANYBODY in their jobs right now, if they care about that job or has something riding on that job would be pissed if their bosses talked openly about replacing them from other sources.

If you deny it, you are a liar and/or hate your job.

Cutler has everything in Denver. Denver is his first franchise, home to some of his best friends and teammates he was drafted with that have worked their way up to being one of the top young offenses in the league, he also owns A HOUSE in Denver with his parents, etcetera.

I don't think Jay has reacted poorly to the situation. I think he's acted like somebody who is hurt by the situation and doesn't trust the party in control of his fate. I think they are fake and their words change daily.

BUT HEY, all those mightier than thou people think he should just go sit in the corner and wait for the FO to decide what to do with him and then be okay with it.

Come on, get real.
okay chris crocker.
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
AZBroncomaniac
Rock Steady Rookie

Y'all sound like Peanuts' parents.

Can someone PLEASE post the pic of the Star Trek dude with his head buried in his hand.
AZBroncomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
Lomax
Solid Starter

Thanks, Weapon X. I took it.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Just Say "Know"

I thought the deal was that Cutler would go to the Bucs, who would send picks to New England and Cassel would come here. I didn't read anything about us receiving a first and a third. Is that some other deal?
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #9
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scttgrd View Post
Umm, did you read his post...In the original trade we would have gotten Cassell...if we would have done the original deal. If we just trade for a draft pick..then get the kid from KState and let Simms be the stop gap for a year...
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scttgrd View Post
If we get a first round pick? Sanchez or Freeman, with Simms running the team this year.

Not the best scenario for this year, but I'd love to have someone on board who wants to be here and accepts the new coaching staff.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #11
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal19 View Post
okay chris crocker.
f'n A right.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #12
scttgrd
Just treading water

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Mashall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
If we get a first round pick? Sanchez or Freeman, with Simms running the team this year.

Not the best scenario for this year, but I'd love to have someone on board who wants to be here and accepts the new coaching staff.
How about the coaching staff stepping up like men and working with the talent that is already here instead of going after Cassell the security blanket. He can't be much of a coach if he can only work with that one QB.
scttgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #13
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

JAY would have been here despite all this BS if the coaching staff and FO would have came into this phone conversation and just backed up what they said. Instead, they threw fuel on the fire.

Somebody who accepts the new coaching staff? You mean that doesn't mind double dealing and shady personalities?

The best part of this post is you want to take another QB. Prepare for another 3 year learning curve and probably minimal results after that. Jay is a franchise QB. Sanchez looks marginal, Freeman looks inconsistent.

I love how Bowlen and his followers have adopted this "the grass is always greener on the other side" approach.

Laughable.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #14
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

I have been leaning toward McDaniels side of things in all this. Until this today. What a ridiculous way to re-connect after all the miscommunication and misinformation. McDaniels either doesn't 'get it', or he doesn't want to get it, maybe hoping the situation gets so bad there's no other option but to trade Jay Cutler. I know, sounds ridiculous. About as ridiculous as telling someone you just reassured wouldn't be traded, that no-one is untradeable. Jay isn't innocent in all this, but McDaniels picked an awfully poor circumstance to reassert himself as Alpha Male.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #15
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeRising View Post
I have been leaning toward McDaniels side of things in all this. Until this today. What a ridiculous way to re-connect after all the miscommunication and misinformation. McDaniels either doesn't 'get it', or he doesn't want to get it, maybe hoping the situation gets so bad there's no other option but to trade Jay Cutler. I know, sounds ridiculous. About as ridiculous as telling someone you just reassured wouldn't be traded, that no-one is untradeable. Jay isn't innocent in all this, but McDaniels picked an awfully poor circumstance to reassert himself as Alpha Male.
Personally I think that McDaniels is incensed that the people of Denver chose Cutler over him two weeks ago. IMO, his situation is to use Cutler's personality against him. Chaffe him, rub him wrong, say things that can be ambiguous and ultimately piss him off to the point where he asks for a trade and McNugget gets his wish.

The whole situation is really sad for die-hard fans.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #16
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

We agree there bpc. This sucks.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Like I say... I can't blame Jay. The front office screwed up, and then tried to dump it in Jay's lap as if it was all his fault. All they had to do today was come out and say, "look, sorry for the misunderstanding. You're our guy. Let's put this behind us."

Instead, they treated him like this whole issue was his fault and they had no faults to speak of.

I'd tell Jays agent we took him with a high pick and traded picks to get him. Also we have 3 yrs invested in coaching him. We put his value to the team at 2 first round draft picks and one has to be in top 15. Otherwise we need a 2nd round pick as well. Then tell them to go find a team willing to give that up. If Jay is as special as he thinks he is it shouldn't be really hard to find. I mean if he is an elite QB he is easily worth that.

Broncos can rebuild because with or without Cutler its 2 maybe 3 yrs before Broncos will be a true contender IMO.

So far they haven't made one move this offseason that really helps build the defense for the long term.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:45 AM   #18
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBroncomaniac View Post
Can someone PLEASE post the pic of the Star Trek dude with his head buried in his hand.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncos can rebuild because with or without Cutler its 2 maybe 3 yrs before Broncos will be a true contender IMO.
With who? Another Griese or a Plummer?

People here really underestimate how hard it is to find a quality franchise QB, especially at a young age.

Imagine if the Titans had Cutler last year with one stud receiver, whew.

The whole crappy QB thing tends to only work with top of the line/ridiculously good defenses... guess what, that's not what we are.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #20
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post

Again, Taco.... you're inventing stories.

You speak as if you know what was said. You don't.

You're basing your story upon what you would like to believe happened. Hey, we all are guilty of that, to an extent. I freely admit that I find Cutler's attitude suspect, and I absolutely believe he's playing the "don't you know who I am" card, and that's turning the staff off.

But, you're just creating a story-line based on a bias. These reports are flimsy, and you're only choosing to believe the half that suits your needs.
Again, we're probably all guilty of that... but let's not pretend we know what happened, because we don't.

One thing I DO know is that Cutler is stepping on his own dick, here. If he wants out... he's hurting his cause. If he wants to stay, he's hurting his cause. The WORST thing he could do in this situation is exactly what he's doing... whether you applaud him for his immaturity or not. He's hurting his OWN cause, and I can't believe his people haven't reeled his silly ass in yet.

Again, if Jay just takes the high road here... he's absolutely in the driver's seat. He goes out and plays lights-out ball, and commands a HUGE contract on the other end. OR, he takes the high road and makes himself look even more attractive to potential suitors, which gets him his (possible) wish of getting out of Denver faster.

No matter how you slice it... no matter who started it... no matter WHO you think is right or wrong.... Jay Cutler is butchering this thing as far as his OWN interests go.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #21
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
That about sums it up...I'm so very tired of all this.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #22
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Imove this offseason that really helps build the defense for the long term.
Well, the draft hasn't happened yet, first of all.

I'd also disagree on a personnel level. We've brought in a respected defensive coordinator. We got rid of Slowick. Addition by subtraction.

We've added leaders and vets to help solidify the team, and to help teach the young players the ropes.
We've cut some serious dead weight and added some potential key role players like Fields.

We're also potentially in a position to find better homes on the defense for tweeners like Moss, Dumervil and maybe even Powell.

So, a couple weeks into free agency... I'd say that's not bad, and that we have INDEED made moves to address the foundation of this defense going forward. Once the draft gets here, you'll see the real future for the D being put in place.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 AM   #23
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
If he wants out... he's hurting his cause. If he wants to stay, he's hurting his cause.

This doesn't make any sense. If Jay decides that he doesn't want to play a down for McDaniels, all he has to do is not play a down for McDaniels. There will still be teams falling all over themselves to get their hands on him.

Last edited by Taco John; 03-11-2009 at 12:57 AM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

If this trade were to happen (and i really hope it doesnt) and we draft a QB in the first round, i will be beyond pissed off. If its a QB they want in the first round, KEEP THE FIRST ROUND QB THEY HAVE AND MAKE HIM PLAY. He doesn't hold the cards, he's not a free agent for 2 more years (and they can always franchise him then!) He doesnt have to like coach, but he will play hard...hes too competitive.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #25
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

It does make sense. IF he wants out, he puts on a good public face and ask the Broncs to trade him behind the scenes. He looks better and doesn't look like an A-hole. Not looking like a jerk increase your chances of catching on somewhere.

If he wants to stay, falling in line with the staff is what needs to happen.