The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If you were to guess, how do you think the locker room is taking this situation?
They are mostly with Coach McDaniels 27 17.88%
They are divided on the issue, some with Jay, others with The McDaniels 70 46.36%
They are mostly with Jay 36 23.84%
They don't care either way 18 11.92%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default If you were to guess, how do you think the locker room is taking this situation?

Vote...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Bad. I think Champ and all the defenders that matter from the old regime know that Jay gives them a great chance to win and score points. Even Dawkins said it... he came here excited to work with this potential offense Denver had.

I think the offensive players aren't taking it well either. Stokely already has a bad taste in his mouth about the Leach incident... i think his feeling is shared. BMarsh, Royal and Scheffler all totally agree with it. The OL i'm sure doesn't agree with it.

The situation is a joke. Guaranteed between the fans and the team, it's 70-30 that we would rather have Cutler in town vs. McBastard.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
yerner
Ring of Famer

i wish cowher was here. that is all.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

It's all up to Jay. He can squash this thing in five minutes if he wants to be an adult about it. If he chooses not to, who knows? Personally, I think if Jay continues to act this way the players will get fed up and gravitate towards McD's side. Pretty much all of the former NFL players who have commented on this situation (Sharpe, Jaws, etc) have said Jay needs to get over it. I think the team will have a similar attitude.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

taco, knowing some of the vets they will tell you privately they are not surprised by any of this.

the lockeroom was waaaay more divided when shanasplat benched plummer and catered to the cry baby.

any points cutler has earned over the last two years are gone, and alot of vets think he isn't worth the trouble.

most of them think he is too cock sure and tries to make impossible throws when he shouldn't, they tire of his turnovers.

bash away, but these are facts.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
The situation is a joke. Guaranteed between the fans and the team, it's 70-30 that we would rather have Cutler in town vs. McBastard.
Thank god the fans don't get the call.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
It's all up to Jay. He can squash this thing in five minutes if he wants to be an adult about it. If he chooses not to, who knows? Personally, I think if Jay continues to act this way the players will get fed up and gravitate towards McD's side. Pretty much all of the former NFL players who have commented on this situation (Sharpe, Jaws, etc) have said Jay needs to get over it. I think the team will have a similar attitude.

I agree. Jay has every reason to be upset.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #8
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Thank god the fans don't get the call.
Shoot, some of the fans could do a much better job than this bastard regime is doing. These guys are idiots.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #9
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I agree. Jay has every reason to be upset.
No, he doesn't. No player is above the team, and there is NOTHING wrong with entertaining offers for any player. Period. And if he thinks he's been lied to, well, let's see some proof. Multiple reports are out there on the situation and are conflicting. McD has stuck by that they listened to offers but did not initiate anything. If Jay has proof otherwise, fine. I wouldn't blame him for being mad. But there is no such proof. So he needs to know his role and shut his goddamn prima donna mouth.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #10
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No, he doesn't. No player is above the team, and there is NOTHING wrong with entertaining offers for any player. Period. And if he thinks he's been lied to, well, let's see some proof. Multiple reports are out there on the situation and are conflicting. McD has stuck by that they listened to offers but did not initiate anything. If Jay has proof otherwise, fine. I wouldn't blame him for being mad. But there is no such proof. So he needs to know his role and shut his goddamn prima donna mouth.

Oh, yes. I agree that its now obvious that McDaniels was not ready to be a head coach.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #11
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Shoot, some of the fans could do a much better job than this bastard regime is doing. These guys are idiots.
Yeah, I mean with all the games they've lost and all...oh, wait...

Neither you nor I have any clue about the wisdom of these moves until they make it to the proving grounds of the season. You've decided to play Nostradomus and assume failure. Myself and the rest of us with a shred of reason have elected to give the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what the results are. Gee, crazy, I know.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #12
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Oh, yes. I agree that its now obvious that McDaniels was not ready to be a head coach.
Don't be so hard on yourself, lex. I am sure Jay was satisfied with the svelteness of your sphincter when he rammed you.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #13
Lomax
Solid Starter

Thanks, Weapon X. I took it.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Just Say "Know"

I think the vets probably understand the business and are a little more sympathetic to these sorts of situations, having dealt with lockerroom drama, holdouts, trade demands, etc. in the past. They're probably a bit more sympathetic to McDaniels because they all know these talks happen and everybody, even star players, get their names brought up.

If anyone is disgruntled by this it's the newer guys who aren't savvy to the way the game is played or don't understand the posturing that both sides are getting into right now.

I think everyone probably agrees that they hope a trade doesn't happen and that it's business as usual when camp opens.
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #14
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Yeah, I mean with all the games they've lost and all...oh, wait...

Neither you nor I have any clue about the wisdom of these moves until they make it to the proving grounds of the season. You've decided to play Nostradomus and assume failure. Myself and the rest of us with a shred of reason have elected to give the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what the results are. Gee, crazy, I know.
Optimism? About what? This franchise is going backwards at warp speeds. We managed to navigate the FA period without finding any long term solutions. We brought in a bunch of stop gap players.

The one phase of this team that worked is being torn apart for no apparent reason. The favorable relationship Jay and McNugget had together got cast to the side when McDaniels decided to be shady, lie about it, throw it in Cutler's lap as if it were his fault and ultimately it will lead to him not being in Denver. I don't blame him. All this offense needed was a HB. WE COULDN'T EVEN MANAGE to fix that in FA and now it has to be addressed in the draft.

I really can't believe you think we've taken any steps forward. Aside from the terrible personnel decisions going on, our coach that Bowlen hand picked to follow a sure fire hall of famer, doesn't look ready. He's more apt to put his foot in his mouth, stutter through a press conference, act arrogant with our best player, look/sound stupid or stubborn than he is to win football games this year.

I'm a true fan and the writing is on the wall right now. This team has no clear leadership, or direction. Bowlen is an idiot figure-head who went with a poorly directed hunch on whom to hire and fire over the past 3 months and the fans are going to pay for it. This franchise is going to be a flaming tomb in a year or two. A ghost of what it was. McDaniels will be gone within 3 years.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #15
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Optimism? About what? This franchise is going backwards at warp speeds. We managed to navigate the FA period without finding any long term solutions. We brought in a bunch of stop gap players.

The one phase of this team that worked is being torn apart for no apparent reason. The favorable relationship Jay and McNugget had together got cast to the side when McDaniels decided to be shady, lie about it, throw it in Cutler's lap as if it were his fault and ultimately it will lead to him not being in Denver. I don't blame him. All this offense needed was a HB. WE COULDN'T EVEN MANAGE to fix that in FA and now it has to be addressed in the draft.

I really can't believe you think we've taken any steps forward. Aside from the terrible personnel decisions going on, our coach that Bowlen hand picked to follow a sure fire hall of famer, doesn't look ready. He's more apt to put his foot in his mouth, stutter through a press conference, act arrogant with our best player, look/sound stupid or stubborn than he is to win football games this year.

I'm a true fan and the writing is on the wall right now. This team has no clear leadership, or direction. Bowlen is an idiot figure-head who went with a poorly directed hunch on whom to hire and fire over the past 3 months and the fans are going to pay for it. This franchise is going to be a flaming tomb in a year or two. A ghost of what it was. McDaniels will be gone within 3 years.
I don't agree with everything, but well done sir.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #16
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

I suppose many do feel it's just business, but I would bet a lot more are nervous about what's going on. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, really, were it not for the possibility of playing however long your contract may require for a team grooming another young QB with little more than potential.

There is no logic in this, if the idea is to get Detroits #1 draft choice and take Matthew Stafford, for example. The money for that gamble would be ridiculous, and Cutler is still playing on his rookie contract, not to mention the fact that he has a solid season of NFL experience and has demonstrated superior NFL-level talent.

It's not just business. It's time some of these guys don't have to spare, and will never get back. Brian Dawkins would be one, but there would have to be others.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #17
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:

All assumptions on your part. I love the FA moves, and lest you call me a homer, other nonbiased sources have praised the FA moves as well. There was a thread where one source called it the best FA class so far. Does that mean there right? No. It does mean that your being arrogant with your assumptions of the moves.

And the situation with Jay is entirely Jay's fault. There is nothing wrong with entertaining trade offers, period. No player is above the team. All Jay has to do to squash this is be an adult and say, "Hey, I'm the QB here, were moving on and I'm going to work with McD to win a SB" and the story is over the next day.

Do I know that McD will be successful? Of course not. But I'm willing to let him prove it on the field. You, on the other hand, chose to cry and assume failure. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #18
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I don't agree with everything, but well done sir.
Wow, hysterical proclamations of failure before anything actually makes it to the proving grounds impresses you? OK.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Don't be so hard on yourself, lex. I am sure Jay was satisfied with the svelteness of your sphincter when he rammed you.
lol some people veiw personal attacks is something someone that isn't mature would do. Like a form of crying as you will. But that can't be you cause we all know you run with the cool crowd.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #20
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

This thread makes a great point. I don't know if McDaniels can afford to keep a disgruntled Cutler around. Locker room division at this early stage would decimate this team. They may HAVE to move Cutler if he's pissed off.

Now, maybe McD is forcing Jay into this, maybe not. But Jay's time with the Broncs appears to be numbered.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 PM   #21
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
lol some people veiw personal attacks is something someone that isn't mature would do. Like a form of crying as you will. But that can't be you cause we all know you run with the cool crowd.
Read lex's responses, sparky. He started the tone, I just took him at his own game.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Read lex's responses, sparky. He started the tone, I just took him at his own game.
Yes and I learned a very long time ago you never go down to their level cause if you do then you are no better then them.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #23
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yes and I learned a very long time ago you never go down to their level cause if you do then you are no better then them.
True enough. Thankfully, I am not the QB of the Denver Broncos, because I would likely have very harsh words for my childish behavior

Seriously, we can separate message board activity involving people whom we only know by handles versus an actual work environment, can't we?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #24
Lomax
Solid Starter

Thanks, Weapon X. I took it.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Just Say "Know"

Quote:
Sounds like you don't get the point of free agency. Or you're one of those armchair GMs that thinks he knows more than the personnel dept and whines when we don't pick up the most expensive (read: overvalued) FA on the market. Or you're just going to complain about McDaniels up until the point that he wins a Superbowl.

Pretty much all media sources have praised the Broncos for the FA moves. Dawkins was a great pick-up, and you can tell because Eagles fans are still livid about it. Safety was a huge need and has been addressed. We got a starting corner, which we needed. A NT (needed). A 3-4 ILB (needed). A veteran depth WR who knows the system (a bonus). Solid depth at RB (needed). A kick returner (needed). Most of all, we got veteran leadership and physical players on D, which it was painfully obvious that we needed. I mean, I really can't see how anybody can have any complaints. Besides the long snapper, how have these guys not addressed major needs up and down the roster?

A stark contrast to offseasons under Shanahan, where we would get all the way through FA and the draft with a huge gaping super obvious need like Safety, and end up with McCree and Manuel. Or after the '05 season where we got gashed constantly and everyone was like, "there's no way we don't get help in the middle". Who did we end up with? Sam Adams. I'm so glad we have a regime that will actually try to address needs, and I'm not exactly sure why you're not.

I'm sorry we didn't get Haynesworth (or Ward, or whoever it was that you're salivating over), but you have to get over it. We're doing pretty good so far.

Last edited by Lomax; 03-11-2009 at 12:17 AM..
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:57 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
True enough. Thankfully, I am not the QB of the Denver Broncos, because I would likely have very harsh words for my childish behavior

Seriously, we can separate message board activity involving people whom we only know by handles versus an actual work environment, can't we?
You lumped me into the cry baby fan base first

I've tried to cool my views on McD after the fact. I know that I might of over reacted but I will not side with a guy that hasn't earned anything as a HC. I don't like what he is doing and I feel that he is working himself right out of Denver faster then he should be.