The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Ok guys, what should McDaniels do instead?

Many of you people who think Cutler is totally justified in being upset don't like what was reportedly said at this last meeting.

So tell me what would you do if you were Josh McDaniels?

And before you all say it, you can't resign, quit, kill yourself, or do anything that makes you no longer the head coach of the Broncos.

So again, what is the right thing for McDaniels to do or say to remain the head coach.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Bake Jay a nice homemade apple pie.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Like you are going to get an actual worthwhile reply from them......
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Like you are going to get an actual worthwhile reply from them......
From them?

I think he should watch TV in his snuggie.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

1. Learn people skills. This means learning how to smooth things over, rather than barking commands at people.

2. Admit he's a liar.

3. Stop leaking things to try to smear people. That won't win them over. It will also make enemies for you in the future.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Told you that you wouldn't get a worthwhile answer.

These idiots want him to admit to something he didn't do. Why bother you can't fix stupid Kaylore.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

He's doing exactly what I would do if I were in charge of the football team: reminding Cutler that he isn't.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Apologize to Jay.

That's it.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #9
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

I tell him (like he did) that this is the way this team will be run. This is what we are about blah, blah, blah.

THEN I try and UNDERSTAND his issue from HIS perspective. If he thinks I lied and I know I didn't, then I tell him EXACTLY what went down. If I did lie...then I tell him WHY I lied.

In short. I communicate openly, honestly.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
1. Learn people skills. This means learning how to smooth things over, rather than barking commands at people.

2. Admit he's a liar.

3. Stop leaking things to try to smear people. That won't win them over. It will also make enemies for you in the future.
1. Ask Dawkins. Or Belicheck. or Bowlen.

2. Proof?

3. Proof?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #11
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Apologize to Jay.

That's it.
For what, listening to a trade proposal that could make the team better. He damn well better be fired if he apologized for that. Don't lower yourself to that childs level.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #12
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
1. Ask Dawkins. Or Belicheck. or Bowlen.

2. Proof?

3. Proof?
So, the things that came out at the coincidental times that they came out didn't come from the team even though the team would be the only ones in a position to know (or misrepresent)? Did they come from Bob's Mom? Did she stop sweating gravy long enough to sit down on the computer and write an email to Peter King, or to CBS?

Is that your position? That these things came from people randomly out of the blue, timed perfectly? Did Bob's Mom really write these things?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #13
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Im so sick of Cutler's ****ing whining ass. Ive never EVER seen a grown man act like such a ****ing baby that wasn't on a message board.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
So, the things that came out at the coincidental times that they came out didn't come from the team even though the team would be the only ones in a position to know (or misrepresent)? Did they come from Bob's Mom? Did she stop sweating gravy long enough to sit down on the computer and write an email to Peter King, or to CBS?

Is that your position? That these things came from people randomly out of the blue, timed perfectly? Did Bob's Mom really write these things?
What are you talking about?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #15
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

McDaniels should be publicly displayed and carted through Denver in a cage, whilst the good people of Colorado pelt him with rotten vegetables and other refuse.

Then he shoulde b tied up outside of Invesco Field, where 66 lashes with a rattan cane will be administered to his back and buttocks.

Afterward, he will be allowed to give the masses a public apology.

I hope some of you can see this is satire.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
McDaniels has better people skills than you, he won Bowlen over for the best coaching job in America
Quote:
2. Admit he's a liar.
Rather, tell Jay to grow the **** up and play ball or sit your ass on the bench and be fined weekly for being a big fat p***Y.
Quote:
Tell Jay to shut the **** up, man up and be a man so we wont have to leak **** to the press just to get you to calm the **** down and come in here and talk.

But NOO, Jay wouldnt even answer phone calls. He's still a big baby on this. **** Jay Cutler, I hope he gets traded before the OTAs start now.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #17
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

IMO McD needs to use a little less aggressive tone towards Cutler and get this thing figured out. I would hope we can all admit that we are not a better team without Cutler. We aren't getting another QB up to his abilities so there does need to be some compromise from the coach. By the sounds of the CBS4 reports they didn't try to work things out they just said, here it is and screw you if you don't like it.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Well if he's going to be the coach and personnel management, like he now seems to be, he's going to have to learn different personality types of inflated egos and player's perspective. He's definitely within rights to have "explored" the Cutler trade, and wasn't required to do anything more or less than he has done, but calling him from the onset and being more transparent with Jay about everything going on will maintain respect levels from every facet of the locker room.

At this point, from "rumors" of where we're at, one person is going to need to do a little pride swallowing first for any repair to begin. Calling Jay and if necessary, just leaving a simple voicemail that says, "Listen, here's what happened points a, b, c, etc, and I'm sorry for not being more clear with you from day one." Maybe throw in some levity "Maybe we can learn this process together", etc.

Necessary? No. But it may pay dividends towards his OWN interests in doing something as simple as that.

Afterwards, I'd realize I have an entire scouting department at my disposal, and that I have reports, footage, and opinions on every professional player in the league, and that I can use those instead of my own breakdowns of Miami players.

Work my ass off to cover every detail possible as long as he's employed at Dove Valley and create a dominant football team for both sides of the ball.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #19
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
IMO McD needs to use a little less aggressive tone towards Cutler and get this thing figured out. I would hope we can all admit that we are not a better team without Cutler. We aren't getting another QB up to his abilities so there does need to be some compromise from the coach. By the sounds of the CBS4 reports they didn't try to work things out they just said, here it is and screw you if you don't like it.
But we are a better team with a Cutler that utilizes his abilities within the framework of a system, and leads his team mates by example.

In order to get that from Cutler, McDaniels needs to put Jay in his place.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #20
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

This is very simple solution. This is management 101.

He either calls or meet with Jay in person. The conversion is very simple

Jay, I know you're upset and you think you were lied to. I was fielding calls that I wanted to see what was the best for the team. I was serious considering the offers because I was comfortable with Cassell running my system due to the 4 years of experience he has in it. But I also think that you are worth more then what was offered. Moving forward I need you to do the following things..... If you do that we both can be successful and return the team to rightful place. I understand that you don't like what has happen but we both need to able to pick up the phone and talk when **** bother both of us. I am sure that we will not always see eye to eye but we are going to have to work becoming comfortable with each other.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #21
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Not leaking smears on your QB and spying on other teams sending in playcalls would be a good start. But maybe that's too much to ask from a 32 year old frat boy coach.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #22
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
McDaniels has better people skills than you, he won Bowlen over for the best coaching job in America

It was the best "coaching job in America" for the sole reason that we had a franchise QB.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #23
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
But we are a better team with a Cutler that utilizes his abilities within the framework of a system, and leads his team mates by example.

In order to get that from Cutler, McDaniels needs to put Jay in his place.
Cutler doesn't need to put in his "place". He need to buy in the vision that McKid is creating, because X and O are just plans. McKid needs Cutler to be successful if wants to be.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #24
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Apparently he needs to admit that Jay Cutler knows more than him and from now or anytime he calls a play he must run it by Jay first. Both offense and defense.

He must also admit he is the spawn of Satan who has been sent to destroy the Broncos franchise and that every word he has ever spoken has been a lie since joining the Broncos

And finally he must draft Beanie Wells in the first round.

Perhaps that will satisfy them
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #25
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Many of you people who think Cutler is totally justified in being upset don't like what was reportedly said at this last meeting.

So tell me what would you do if you were Josh McDaniels?

And before you all say it, you can't resign, quit, kill yourself, or do anything that makes you no longer the head coach of the Broncos.

So again, what is the right thing for McDaniels to do or say to remain the head coach.

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote