The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Default Jay Cutler is not in the wrong

Getting tired of thread after thread with weak minded fools chirping about how Jay Cutler is a baby, needs to be traded, needs to shut up, etc, etc, etc...

Jay Cuter is a franchise quarterback, the kind that doesn't come around very often. McDaniels is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL FOOL for EVEN CONSIDERING trading him. Cutler has every right to feel pissed, because the idea of letting him go, especially for a POS like Cassel, just shows what a complete tool McDaniels is anyway. As far as I'm concerned, Cutler has proven himself to be among the best five QB's in football right now. McDaniels hasn't proven jack as a head coach, and just about made the worst possible choice he could have made as his first act.

So everyone back off Jay and realize that our rookie, too young, never proven anything, nobody head coach is the person who has royally f-ed up this whole thing.

Who agrees with me?

Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I do.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

(sigh)...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think both sides have shown their worst side so far. Yes, McD handled it wrong. But he is not wrong for wanting to listen to what other teams are offering. That's their job. I don't think the deal was sweet enough and for whatever reason it didn't go through. Yeah, I can see reason why Jay would have been upset. But let's not forget, Cutler was asking to be traded before McD was even hired.

So before you go trying to carry Cutlers jock strap around, and before you start bowing down for McD, realize what most smart people are saying right now. Both need to just leave the media out of this, sit in a room and talk, vent, whatever. Get over it. McD is the coach and Jay is the QB, neither are going anywhere.

I don't know who is holding up the meetings but McD has said Jay is staying. Now Jay needs to get on the ball, meet with the coach and let him know things are going to be fine. McD still has alot of planning to do for the draft and put together a team. Jay should realize this and help out by at least saying "I'm good, I will be playing for the Broncos this season" or "I'm totally done with Denver, I will not play, trade me or I will sit out". He's got to say what his plans are right now, so this team can move forward one way or the other.

Last edited by ZONA; 03-09-2009 at 10:12 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Yes... McD came very close to making the blunder of the year.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think they've both made mistakes here. I think McDaniels is less forgivable, though, because it appears that he flat lied about the situation when the truth would have put him on the higher ground and killed the issue dead.

It's always the cover-up that makes things worse. If McDaniels and crew didn't try to cover this up, and just came out and were honest about it, the drama would have died right there.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Oh yay...another thread telling us how kickass Jay's behavior has been and how horrible the big bad McDaniels has been...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm not convinced Cutler is an elite QB. I think he could become one, but I also still see some serious problems in his game. Athletically he is gifted and his arm is incredible. As we all know though there is much more to being a great qb then those things. We have all seen qbs that can make all the throws not win in the NFL.

IMO I'm not sure Cutler see's any problems in his game. In Cutlers mind once defense is better he will win. IMO even if defense got better he won't unless he protects ball better, makes better decisions. Not only that though but he needs to work on his checkdown throws, screens, throws to rbs, that Broncos to this point didn't do a lot of. When he did throw those type of routes I wasn't that impressed.

Also I'm not impressed with Cutlers deep ball at all. I felt last yr he had about 10 throws he should of hit that he left either short or long on deep balls. The buffalo game for sure had a couple of those.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #9
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

IM 100% BEHIND U MAN RONALD MCDANIELS needs to stop actin like the broncos is a minimum wage fast food joint and leave the offense alone mostly only thing the offense needs are non scrub rb maybe a lil tinkering with a reciever to replace a certain dumbass who cant stay out of trouble. now ronald mcdaniels needs to stop clowning around and work majorly on the scrub dfense we got
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #10
summerdenver
Ring of Famer

Rebuilding both offense and defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

+1

I think comes down to who do you believe. I believe the multiple sources that reported that Broncos actively tried to trade cutler. I feel that this move was nothing but hubris borne out of belief that NE players are better than others.

I also think they started leaking info about him and are trying to posture him as some kind of anti team prima donna - i don't beleive any of that. I go by what i saw last year and it was that no matter the opposition, weather or injuries cutler will show up and give everything on the field. Its good enough for me and the other stuff that makes people dislike him does not bother me.

I also want to clarify this before hand - as I am sure some one will ask this anyway. I will still be bronco fan even if cutler is traded/cut/benched.
summerdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think they've both made mistakes here. I think McDaniels is less forgivable, though, because it appears that he flat lied about the situation when the truth would have put him on the higher ground and killed the issue dead.

It's always the cover-up that makes things worse. If McDaniels and crew didn't try to cover this up, and just came out and were honest about it, the drama would have died right there.
IMO coaches of football teams have no obligation to be totally honest when it comes to these type of things. Honestly I can't believe people are so upset or even care this much. How Cutler has become such a hero to everyone when he has a losing record is beyond me. Do people forget Plummer threw for 4000 yrds on yr? Man I don't get it. If Cutler doesn't get better and soon I will probably start wishing they did trade for Cassal.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

Exactly... it's about letting Jay come in every day to do his best to learn the offense/playbook and while he's working hard, going above and beyond what would reasonably be expected, McD and company were telling him from one side of their face that he's their starter... while from the other side of their face, they're actively considering trading him. It's the two-faced-ness (is that a word? Guess "deceit" would do) and the lies. And letting the whole mess stew for 4 days was unprofessional at best. I'm not convinced they're not still fielding offers.... while still saying from that other side of their face that he's not on the trading block. They've amply demonstrated that they'll lie at the drop of a hat.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #13
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
IMO coaches of football teams have no obligation to be totally honest when it comes to these type of things. Honestly I can't believe people are so upset or even care this much. How Cutler has become such a hero to everyone when he has a losing record is beyond me. Do people forget Plummer threw for 4000 yrds on yr? Man I don't get it. If Cutler doesn't get better and soon I will probably start wishing they did trade for Cassal.

I think honesty is always the best policy.

And also think that anyone who blames Cutler for his win/loss record is barely bright enough to hold a fork, let alone hold my attention in a discussion for very long.

Oh look, there is a rock on my desk!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #14
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Who agrees with me?
How anyone couldn't is beyond me at this point.

UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Did you watch football last season? Dude has "IT" or whatever the hell you want to call it. You throw 4000 around like it means jack squat. Cutler has the arm, feet, head, durability and accuracy. That means he has everything you want. The team has a losing record because what we put on the field last year for defense was a disgrace.

He is a hero because time and time again last year he drove this team back to win. He can make throws that no other QB in the NFL can make. And he has.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Getting tired of thread after thread with weak minded fools chirping about how Jay Cutler is a baby, needs to be traded, needs to shut up, etc, etc, etc...

Jay Cuter is a franchise quarterback, the kind that doesn't come around very often. McDaniels is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL FOOL for EVEN CONSIDERING trading him. Cutler has every right to feel pissed, because the idea of letting him go, especially for a POS like Cassel, just shows what a complete tool McDaniels is anyway. As far as I'm concerned, Cutler has proven himself to be among the best five QB's in football right now. McDaniels hasn't proven jack as a head coach, and just about made the worst possible choice he could have made as his first act.

So everyone back off Jay and realize that our rookie, too young, never proven anything, nobody head coach is the person who has royally f-ed up this whole thing.

Who agrees with me?

spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Did you watch football last season? Dude has "IT" or whatever the hell you want to call it. You throw 4000 around like it means jack squat. Cutler has the arm, feet, head, durability and accuracy. That means he has everything you want. The team has a losing record because what we put on the field last year for defense was a disgrace.

He is a hero because time and time again last year he drove this team back to win. He can make throws that no other QB in the NFL can make. And he has.
yeah I watched every game. I saw a qb that forces the ball too much in order to make a few of those throws no other qb can make. I also saw a guy who throws way too many interceptions and fumbles too much. Especially considering he has best protection in the NFL.

You say he has the head, but IMO that isn't proven. He has to get better mentally. Sometimes he starts to mope around, or he loses his cool.

The defense was a disgrace, but even a good defense Cutler has to improve for Broncos to win and go to Superbowls.

Also IMO Cutler could have won a couple games at end of yr if he had just hit wide open WR.

Lastly I worry about his diabetes, sometimes he seems sluggish, other times he seems great.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #18
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

"If McDaniels and crew didn't try to cover this up, and just came out and were honest about it, the drama would have died right there."

This is dead center of the whole mess. Initially McDaniels just issued a 'no comment', which basically added confusion, if not truth to and and all the contradictory garbage Cutler was hearing. But then issuing a press release for heavens sake rather than making a face-to-face statement to the press, stating he wasn't trying to trade Cutler, well, that was as impersonal and dismissive as it was suspicious. Maybe Cutler could have been more mature, but McDaniels absolutely could have been more professional.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I think honesty is always the best policy.

And also think that anyone who blames Cutler for his win/loss record is barely bright enough to hold a fork, let alone hold my attention in a discussion for very long.

Oh look, there is a rock on my desk!
I don't blame Cutler, but I do think he had games last yr he could have won if he is as good as people on this board say he was. I mean in that Bills game I remember a few WR that had big plays and Cutler missed them. True our WR also dropped a lot of balls.

Cutler turns ball over too much, that isn't defenses fault.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #20
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:

So how do you put a stop to all the madness? Easy, you start a fresh thread to start it all over again.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #21
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

McDaniels botched an attempt to trade for his security blanket. Cutler went public and b****ed about something that he shouldn't have. Neither one of them looks good, but I guarantee you they're BOTH further past this thing than we are.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #22
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
McDaniels botched an attempt to trade for his security blanket. Cutler went public and b****ed about something that he shouldn't have. Neither one of them looks good, but I guarantee you they're BOTH further past this thing than we are.
REP!!
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #23
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
We will all somewhat try to move on once we see them publicly kiss n make up. Or McDaniels is gone. Or Cutler gets an extension with a no trade clause.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #24
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

If what the media reported went down actually went down, I think it was a bone head move by McDaniels.

But by the same token, Cutler can't go crying to the media about it. He needs to grow up and face things like a man. He came off as spoilt and un professional. Players always talk about it being a business, well in this case he should have acted like it. If it even happened, it wasn't personal.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #25
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Who agrees with me?

I agree with you absolutely and completely.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote