The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default more doom and gloom on OM: right now, or 1-15 in 2009?

had this thought, what do you think?

after an 8 win season with possibly the worst defense in broncos history (which is a testament to how good last season was, to still win 8 games) everyone is ready to fire the entire damn team, though i think its unanimous we all like clady and royal

doom and gloom is off the charts right now, think it would/could be worse if we only won one game? (at home against the raiders)

Last edited by tsiguy96; 03-08-2009 at 12:29 PM..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Hallside
Solid Starter
 
Hallside's Avatar
 
John Fox is Stupid

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 165
Default

Is this a serious question? You're wondering whether we would think the team were worse off if we lost 7 more games last year? I think we would.
Hallside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Didn't we lose to the Raiders @ home?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallside View Post
Is this a serious question? You're wondering whether we would think the team were worse off if we lost 7 more games last year? I think we would.
yes its a serious question, look at this board right now, half the people here are in absolute disarray that we only won 8 games last year, if in this coming year the team only won 1 game, most of them would probably feel justified in their b****ing and actually feel good about it.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Didn't we lose to the Raiders @ home?
im talking about the 2009 season, not HAD we won only 1 game last year. but IF we win 1 game THIS year.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
im talking about the 2009 season, not HAD we won only 1 game last year. but IF we win 1 game THIS year.
Gotcha...

Yeah i suppose we would feel worse, but who knows. This board is legendary for it's ability to blow up over anything.

Last edited by TheDave; 03-08-2009 at 12:35 PM..
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Gotcha...
what im alluding to is the fact taht half this message board is ready for mass suicide after an 8 win season, how could it get much worse around here, especially had we only won a single game? well find out if we have a losing season this year
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
what im alluding to is the fact taht half this message board is ready for mass suicide after an 8 win season, how could it get much worse around here, especially had we only won a single game? well find out if we have a losing season this year
We are most likely going to find out this year... IMO 8-8 would be an unbelievable coaching job. It's just too much to ask for a new staff, new schemes, and this ungodly schedule.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
We are most likely going to find out this year... IMO 8-8 would be an unbelievable coaching job. It's just too much to ask for a new staff, new schemes, and this ungodly schedule.
i just wnat to see improvement throughout the year. thats what always made me so frustrated with shanahan, the teams would start out rolling then fade at the end of the year, like clockwork. if this team gets similar PPG and allows less PPG, we are looking at immediate improvement regardless of the record that it gets us. after 2 drafts i think well be able to see where this is headed, mcdaniels was given a hell of a team to fix, so i think if we see the team get WORSE over the next 2-3 years then there is def something wrong
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Hallside
Solid Starter
 
Hallside's Avatar
 
John Fox is Stupid

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 165
Default

So, then, what you really mean to ask is: If **** hit the fan and we went 1-15 next year, would the OM community be more upset and pessimistic than it is right now?

I'm not an expert in either football or psychology, but I think the answer is yes.
Hallside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallside View Post
So, then, what you really mean to ask is: If **** hit the fan and we went 1-15 next year, would people be more upset and pessimistic than the OM community is right now?

I'm not an expert in either football or psychology, but I think the answer is yes.
would be pretty hard, wouldnt ya say? everyones head is being called for right now, what are people gonna do then?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
Hallside
Solid Starter
 
Hallside's Avatar
 
John Fox is Stupid

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
would be pretty hard, wouldnt ya say? everyones head is being called for right now, what are people gonna do then?
I don't think there's a major meltdown happening at this moment at all. Notice that sigs and avs are back.

McCutlergate weekend was pandemonium, but that was before all the facts were out. Now, I feel like most people have settled into one of two relatively reasonable camps on the issue (with the exception of the usual suspects on perma-meltdown, eg lex), that most people agree that the issue is not as severe as it appeared at first, and that most people have rational expectations for next season.
Hallside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallside View Post
I don't think there's a major meltdown happening at this moment at all. Notice that sigs and avs are back.

McCutlergate weekend was pandemonium, but that was before all the facts were out. Now, I feel like most people have settled into one of two relatively reasonable camps on the issue (with the exception of the usual suspects on perma-meltdown, eg lex), that most people agree that the issue is not as severe as it appeared at first, and that most people have rational expectations for next season.
but..but..you mean the meltdown is over?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
would be pretty hard, wouldnt ya say? everyones head is being called for right now, what are people gonna do then?
Initially, I was of the view that the regime should have 2009 as a mulligan because of all the issues and the schedule. That was wrong. They get no mulligan. They've managed to **** trivial things up. They have shown their immaturity and maliciousness and incompetence. So if they are so arrogant and think they are so smart and think that they can piss off whoever they like without consequences, then they don't get any breaks. They better win in 2009. They better win 11 games next year. There's no room for error. I'm glad that a fairly large cross section of the fan base has already turned on them, because that would make it easier for them to call for the regime's dismissal after the expected rocky start to their era.

Yeah....they get no margin for error. They better win in 09 and win big. No excuses, no pointing fingers.I don't care about Marshall being out for 8 games. If they think they're so smart, then win NOW or get out.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #15
Hallside
Solid Starter
 
Hallside's Avatar
 
John Fox is Stupid

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 165
Default

Just as I'm downplaying things, SoCal shows up. Perfect.
Hallside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
Fusionfrontman
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Fusionfrontman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
Default

Is MArshall def. out for 8 games? Or ar we assumign worst case scenerio?
Fusionfrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #17
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Initially, I was of the view that the regime should have 2009 as a mulligan because of all the issues and the schedule. That was wrong. They get no mulligan. They've managed to **** trivial things up. They have shown their immaturity and maliciousness and incompetence. So if they are so arrogant and think they are so smart and think that they can piss off whoever they like without consequences, then they don't get any breaks. They better win in 2009. They better win 11 games next year. There's no room for error. I'm glad that a fairly large cross section of the fan base has already turned on them, because that would make it easier for them to call for the regime's dismissal after the expected rocky start to their era.

Yeah....they get no margin for error. They better win in 09 and win big. No excuses, no pointing fingers.I don't care about Marshall being out for 8 games. If they think they're so smart, then win NOW or get out.
They didn't **** anything up, and any person with proper perspective on the issue can see that. No player beyond a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is untradeable, it just depends on the trade. Cutler is NOT in the Manning or Brady class, not yet anyway, and there is NOTHING wrong with exploring trade options. NOTHING. Cutler is the one being an unprofessional baby. Like Shannon Sharpe said, Shanny trade to trade him as part of the Eric Swann package (thankfully that fell through) and what did he do? Did he cry like a three year old? No. He came back to work and won a couple of Super Bowls. Hell, even after that level of success Shanny showed little interest in paying him fair market value and let him walked to Baltimore. Did Sharpe hold some kind of unreasoned grudge over that? No. He came back after further success in Baltimore and closed out his career with the same man who tried to trade him. That's how a professional handles things. Fortunately, what YOU want isn't going to mean a thing to Bowlen. He's going to look for reasonable signs of improvement and the team moving in the right direction, and if that is there McDaniels will be back in 2010 and probably beyond. I don't know if McD will turn out to be a good coach, but I'm not going to wish failure on him like you are doing over a situation that was NOT that big of a deal (or shouldn't be if one has a reasoned perspective). Frankly, your reaction to this whole thing is as immature as Jay's.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #18
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionfrontman View Post
Is MArshall def. out for 8 games? Or ar we assumign worst case scenerio?
Assuming worst case scenario. The only thing the league has said is that they'd review the situation, and that was the day after his arrest.

Personally, I doubt there is any suspension. If, by some odd chance he is suspended it will be 4 games or less, I'd assume.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #19
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Initially, I was of the view that the regime should have 2009 as a mulligan because of all the issues and the schedule. That was wrong. They get no mulligan. They've managed to **** trivial things up. They have shown their immaturity and maliciousness and incompetence. So if they are so arrogant and think they are so smart and think that they can piss off whoever they like without consequences, then they don't get any breaks. They better win in 2009. They better win 11 games next year. There's no room for error. I'm glad that a fairly large cross section of the fan base has already turned on them, because that would make it easier for them to call for the regime's dismissal after the expected rocky start to their era.

Yeah....they get no margin for error. They better win in 09 and win big. No excuses, no pointing fingers.I don't care about Marshall being out for 8 games. If they think they're so smart, then win NOW or get out.
yea...you can continue to be a sky is falling b****, im gonna root for and support this team always. however, enjoy being a fairweather fan, see you during the season when they start winning and you suddenly support the team.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #20
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Assuming worst case scenario. The only thing the league has said is that they'd review the situation, and that was the day after his arrest.

Personally, I doubt there is any suspension. If, by some odd chance he is suspended it will be 4 games or less, I'd assume.
his lawyer did say it was a mix up and he should have never been arrested in the first place...but thats what lawyers say. well find out.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,545

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Unfortunately, it's a compounding "crisis".

The Mike Shanahan firing threw several people off the boat.

The Goodman firing shook more off.

The Cutler attempted trade even more.

It's not necessarily one catalyst, but questionable move after questionable move. If it doesn't result in a significant volume of wins to warrant some good faith, then there'll be issues.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,545

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
yea...you can continue to be a sky is falling b****, im gonna root for and support this team always. however, enjoy being a fairweather fan, see you during the season when they start winning and you suddenly support the team.
Yes, how dare he answer your question! The nerve?!?!?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,283

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
yea...you can continue to be a sky is falling b****, im gonna root for and support this team always. however, enjoy being a fairweather fan, see you during the season when they start winning and you suddenly support the team.
But your the one contemplating how much worse things could be if they go 1-15 next year.

What is the point of this thread?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

I dont think 1-15 would be too bad. Would get the best picks in the draft, would get McDniels fired, keeping Jay here...Cutler, Simms, the offensive line, Hillis, Dawkins, and Champ would all have to get like season ending training camp injuries to accomplish that though. And the rookies have to not be worth a shlt either. And McDaniels has to completely lose the locker room, which h is doing a really good job of doing so far.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

to point out all the people like socal, doing this


im genuinely curious how they will react if broncos have a bad year this year.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Denver Broncos