The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default more doom and gloom on OM: right now, or 1-15 in 2009?

had this thought, what do you think?

after an 8 win season with possibly the worst defense in broncos history (which is a testament to how good last season was, to still win 8 games) everyone is ready to fire the entire damn team, though i think its unanimous we all like clady and royal

doom and gloom is off the charts right now, think it would/could be worse if we only won one game? (at home against the raiders)

Last edited by tsiguy96; 03-08-2009 at 12:29 PM..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Hallside
Solid Starter

John Fox is Stupid

Is this a serious question? You're wondering whether we would think the team were worse off if we lost 7 more games last year? I think we would.
Hallside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
TheDave
Sauced...

Didn't we lose to the Raiders @ home?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallside View Post
Is this a serious question? You're wondering whether we would think the team were worse off if we lost 7 more games last year? I think we would.
yes its a serious question, look at this board right now, half the people here are in absolute disarray that we only won 8 games last year, if in this coming year the team only won 1 game, most of them would probably feel justified in their b****ing and actually feel good about it.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Didn't we lose to the Raiders @ home?
im talking about the 2009 season, not HAD we won only 1 game last year. but IF we win 1 game THIS year.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
im talking about the 2009 season, not HAD we won only 1 game last year. but IF we win 1 game THIS year.
Gotcha...

Yeah i suppose we would feel worse, but who knows. This board is legendary for it's ability to blow up over anything.

Last edited by TheDave; 03-08-2009 at 12:35 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Gotcha...
what im alluding to is the fact taht half this message board is ready for mass suicide after an 8 win season, how could it get much worse around here, especially had we only won a single game? well find out if we have a losing season this year
Old 03-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
what im alluding to is the fact taht half this message board is ready for mass suicide after an 8 win season, how could it get much worse around here, especially had we only won a single game? well find out if we have a losing season this year
We are most likely going to find out this year... IMO 8-8 would be an unbelievable coaching job. It's just too much to ask for a new staff, new schemes, and this ungodly schedule.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We are most likely going to find out this year... IMO 8-8 would be an unbelievable coaching job. It's just too much to ask for a new staff, new schemes, and this ungodly schedule.
i just wnat to see improvement throughout the year. thats what always made me so frustrated with shanahan, the teams would start out rolling then fade at the end of the year, like clockwork. if this team gets similar PPG and allows less PPG, we are looking at immediate improvement regardless of the record that it gets us. after 2 drafts i think well be able to see where this is headed, mcdaniels was given a hell of a team to fix, so i think if we see the team get WORSE over the next 2-3 years then there is def something wrong
Old 03-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Hallside
Solid Starter

John Fox is Stupid

So, then, what you really mean to ask is: If **** hit the fan and we went 1-15 next year, would the OM community be more upset and pessimistic than it is right now?

I'm not an expert in either football or psychology, but I think the answer is yes.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So, then, what you really mean to ask is: If **** hit the fan and we went 1-15 next year, would people be more upset and pessimistic than the OM community is right now?

I'm not an expert in either football or psychology, but I think the answer is yes.
would be pretty hard, wouldnt ya say? everyones head is being called for right now, what are people gonna do then?
Old 03-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
Hallside
Solid Starter

John Fox is Stupid

Quote:
would be pretty hard, wouldnt ya say? everyones head is being called for right now, what are people gonna do then?
I don't think there's a major meltdown happening at this moment at all. Notice that sigs and avs are back.

McCutlergate weekend was pandemonium, but that was before all the facts were out. Now, I feel like most people have settled into one of two relatively reasonable camps on the issue (with the exception of the usual suspects on perma-meltdown, eg lex), that most people agree that the issue is not as severe as it appeared at first, and that most people have rational expectations for next season.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't think there's a major meltdown happening at this moment at all. Notice that sigs and avs are back.

McCutlergate weekend was pandemonium, but that was before all the facts were out. Now, I feel like most people have settled into one of two relatively reasonable camps on the issue (with the exception of the usual suspects on perma-meltdown, eg lex), that most people agree that the issue is not as severe as it appeared at first, and that most people have rational expectations for next season.
but..but..you mean the meltdown is over?
Old 03-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Initially, I was of the view that the regime should have 2009 as a mulligan because of all the issues and the schedule. That was wrong. They get no mulligan. They've managed to **** trivial things up. They have shown their immaturity and maliciousness and incompetence. So if they are so arrogant and think they are so smart and think that they can piss off whoever they like without consequences, then they don't get any breaks. They better win in 2009. They better win 11 games next year. There's no room for error. I'm glad that a fairly large cross section of the fan base has already turned on them, because that would make it easier for them to call for the regime's dismissal after the expected rocky start to their era.

Yeah....they get no margin for error. They better win in 09 and win big. No excuses, no pointing fingers.I don't care about Marshall being out for 8 games. If they think they're so smart, then win NOW or get out.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #15
Hallside
Solid Starter

John Fox is Stupid

Just as I'm downplaying things, SoCal shows up. Perfect.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
Fusionfrontman
Perennial Pro-bowler

Is MArshall def. out for 8 games? Or ar we assumign worst case scenerio?
Fusionfrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #17
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Initially, I was of the view that the regime should have 2009 as a mulligan because of all the issues and the schedule. That was wrong. They get no mulligan. They've managed to **** trivial things up. They have shown their immaturity and maliciousness and incompetence. So if they are so arrogant and think they are so smart and think that they can piss off whoever they like without consequences, then they don't get any breaks. They better win in 2009. They better win 11 games next year. There's no room for error. I'm glad that a fairly large cross section of the fan base has already turned on them, because that would make it easier for them to call for the regime's dismissal after the expected rocky start to their era.

Yeah....they get no margin for error. They better win in 09 and win big. No excuses, no pointing fingers.I don't care about Marshall being out for 8 games. If they think they're so smart, then win NOW or get out.
They didn't **** anything up, and any person with proper perspective on the issue can see that. No player beyond a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is untradeable, it just depends on the trade. Cutler is NOT in the Manning or Brady class, not yet anyway, and there is NOTHING wrong with exploring trade options. NOTHING. Cutler is the one being an unprofessional baby. Like Shannon Sharpe said, Shanny trade to trade him as part of the Eric Swann package (thankfully that fell through) and what did he do? Did he cry like a three year old? No. He came back to work and won a couple of Super Bowls. Hell, even after that level of success Shanny showed little interest in paying him fair market value and let him walked to Baltimore. Did Sharpe hold some kind of unreasoned grudge over that? No. He came back after further success in Baltimore and closed out his career with the same man who tried to trade him. That's how a professional handles things. Fortunately, what YOU want isn't going to mean a thing to Bowlen. He's going to look for reasonable signs of improvement and the team moving in the right direction, and if that is there McDaniels will be back in 2010 and probably beyond. I don't know if McD will turn out to be a good coach, but I'm not going to wish failure on him like you are doing over a situation that was NOT that big of a deal (or shouldn't be if one has a reasoned perspective). Frankly, your reaction to this whole thing is as immature as Jay's.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #18
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionfrontman View Post
Is MArshall def. out for 8 games? Or ar we assumign worst case scenerio?
Assuming worst case scenario. The only thing the league has said is that they'd review the situation, and that was the day after his arrest.

Personally, I doubt there is any suspension. If, by some odd chance he is suspended it will be 4 games or less, I'd assume.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #19
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

yea...you can continue to be a sky is falling b****, im gonna root for and support this team always. however, enjoy being a fairweather fan, see you during the season when they start winning and you suddenly support the team.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #20
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Assuming worst case scenario. The only thing the league has said is that they'd review the situation, and that was the day after his arrest.

Personally, I doubt there is any suspension. If, by some odd chance he is suspended it will be 4 games or less, I'd assume.
his lawyer did say it was a mix up and he should have never been arrested in the first place...but thats what lawyers say. well find out.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Unfortunately, it's a compounding "crisis".

The Mike Shanahan firing threw several people off the boat.

The Goodman firing shook more off.

The Cutler attempted trade even more.

It's not necessarily one catalyst, but questionable move after questionable move. If it doesn't result in a significant volume of wins to warrant some good faith, then there'll be issues.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
yea...you can continue to be a sky is falling b****, im gonna root for and support this team always. however, enjoy being a fairweather fan, see you during the season when they start winning and you suddenly support the team.
Yes, how dare he answer your question! The nerve?!?!?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
But your the one contemplating how much worse things could be if they go 1-15 next year.

What is the point of this thread?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I dont think 1-15 would be too bad. Would get the best picks in the draft, would get McDniels fired, keeping Jay here...Cutler, Simms, the offensive line, Hillis, Dawkins, and Champ would all have to get like season ending training camp injuries to accomplish that though. And the rookies have to not be worth a shlt either. And McDaniels has to completely lose the locker room, which h is doing a really good job of doing so far.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

to point out all the people like socal, doing this

im genuinely curious how they will react if broncos have a bad year this year.