|03-07-2009, 02:41 PM||#1|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Aug 2007
My Bronco Draft - Mostly Defense
1. T. Jackson DE LSU 6'4, 295lbs
-offers nice size at DE in a 3-4, especially help against the run
2. C. Barwin OLB Cincinnati 6'4, 260lbs
-former TE, moved to defense senior year and had big year with sacks and nice combine numbers too, could be a Vrabel type, versatile, fits a 3-4 OLB
3. D. Scott NT Clemson 6'4, 310lbs
- good size, dropped a bit, but should contribute
4. J. Williams OLB Western Illinois 6'1, 242lbs
- great athlete and put up nice sack numbers, fits a 3-4 OLB
5a. J. Burnett CB Central Florida 5'10, 195lbs
- decent size and speed, provide some depth at CB
5b. J. Phillips ILB TCU 6'1, 236lbs
- might not last this long, but provide some competition at ILB
6. CJ Spillman S Marshall 6'0, 200lbs
- hard hitter, nice special teams player, might start someday
7a. R. Purvis TE Boston College 6'4, 260lbs
- Scheffler might be gone, need depth at TE regardless
7b. J. Williams OLB Kentucky 6'2, 242lbs
-Showed some pass rush ability his senior year used as a rush end at times, nice athlete, seems to fit as a 3-4 OLB pass rusher
|03-07-2009, 07:54 PM||#2|
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
I love the potential of Burnett but I don't think he'll fit in with the new regime. They are going to want more man to man cover corners and I think he's a Tampa 2 style CB. Great ball skills though.
|03-08-2009, 12:44 PM||#3|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
I like to critizice mock drafts, but I really genuinely like this one.
I would probably have picked a CB in round 3 or 4 instead of waiting, I feel the LB position is so deep this year you can get the same quality in round 5 as you can in round 4.